General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

how long did it take?

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/12, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I ordered my gt on April 3rd and have been told that it is going to be built in June, and delivered in July. I think that's a crazy long time to wait for a guaranteed sale item. I'd love to know how long it took for other gt owners to get their special order cars. I'm giving up soon. By the way, ford originally told me 6-8 weeks for delivery. Then a max of 10. Now it will be more than 12. It's just a stock gt, automatic, deep impact blue. That's it.
Old 5/30/12, 07:47 AM
Cobra R Member

"have patience"
Old 5/30/12, 10:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
As Skunk says, "Have patience Grasshopper". The 6 to 8 weeks are the industry standard answer when you ask how long. My 2010 took 11 weeks, my Wifey's '13 was ordered March 19, and arrived May 01. I know it's a difficult wait, we all go through the same. PM Deysha (Ford customer Rep.), give her your dealer's name, and your order number. She will keep you updated on the progress. It doesn't make the wait any shorter, but you will know what's going on.

Some here have waited alot longer. Get some aftermarket parts catalogs, and start planning on all the things you want to do when it arrives. Before you know, you'll be driving that new Stang.
Old 5/30/12, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered my 12' gt in December 2011. It arrived April 29 2012. It was some product shortage on a brake part. I think ?? the f150 and mustang shared it and the f150 was getting priority. Save your money for mods in the mean time. I put away a car payment those 5 months. I had the money for my cai, tune, tint, and axle back when the car arrived by doing that. Enjoy!
Old 6/1/12, 05:43 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rumblee1
Hi, I ordered my gt on April 3rd and have been told that it is going to be built in June, and delivered in July. I think that's a crazy long time to wait for a guaranteed sale item. I'd love to know how long it took for other gt owners to get their special order cars. I'm giving up soon. By the way, ford originally told me 6-8 weeks for delivery. Then a max of 10. Now it will be more than 12. It's just a stock gt, automatic, deep impact blue. That's it.
Originally Posted by wanted33
As Skunk says, "Have patience Grasshopper". PM Deysha (Ford customer Rep.), give her your dealer's name, and your order number. She will keep you updated on the progress. It doesn't make the wait any shorter, but you will know what's going on.
Thank you, wanted33!

rumblee1, please PM me with your dealer's name and order number, or your VIN if available so I can help.

Deysha
Old 6/1/12, 11:56 AM

I will, but it won't do any good. Ford,'s regional manager couldn't even get it done. When she called corporate, they told her it would be built in June with a July delivery. Wow, she had clout didn't she.
Old 6/3/12, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I will, but it won't do any good. Ford,'s regional manager couldn't even get it done. When she called corporate, they told her it would be built in June with a July delivery. Wow, she had clout didn't she.
Look at my join date, Dude, and as much of the forum as I have been reading, I can tell Deysha is the go-to. Seems to be the person everyone here hails as the one who can get stuff done.
Old 6/3/12, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Repeat thread, troll
Old 6/3/12, 01:14 PM
GT Member

WOW! How many threads do you need crying about the same thing. Time to man up!!!
Old 6/3/12, 01:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by McNassty
Repeat thread, troll
Haha! He went there!

Originally Posted by SCHMOKN
WOW! How many threads do you need crying about the same thing. Time to man up!!!
So did he! Love it lol
Old 6/3/12, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

not only that, but he has mentioned it in other threads, in which Deysha has tried to get him to PM her. So thats like three times he has blown her off. You can't help those who don't help themselves. I love that we have a great Customer Service Rep on here trying to help him, but at this point I hope that this character goes for a Camaro. So I guess I have to change my opinion about Camaros being useless. They are for keeping douches away from Mustangs.
Old 6/4/12, 06:58 AM

I sent you a reply to your PM, rumblee1.

Originally Posted by max5ive8
I can tell Deysha is the go-to. Seems to be the person everyone here hails as the one who can get stuff done.
Originally Posted by max5ive8
I love that we have a great Customer Service Rep on here trying to help him
Thank you for your kudos, max5ive8!

Deysha
Old 6/4/12, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WAIT!!! You can have it NOW!!!!

Cancel you order - I'll sell you mine!!! Of course, it will be a little over sticker (plus fees, TTL, and options - aftermarket floor mats are mad expensive, you know) but you can have it in a day or two!

I think I could place an order and wait a few months and have some extra bread for this and that. Time is money - I'll wait if you pay!

Surely, I jest... but then again...
Old 6/4/12, 09:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Thank you, wanted33!

rumblee1, please PM me with your dealer's name and order number, or your VIN if available so I can help.

Deysha
Hi Deysha, I sent a pm to the customer care user. No sure if that is you or not. Any way, it's related to my specific order. If I need to send some other way please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Old 6/5/12, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by hpfisterer
Hi Deysha, I sent a pm to the customer care user. No sure if that is you or not. Any way, it's related to my specific order. If I need to send some other way please let me know. Thanks for your help.
You're very welcome! I sent you some info earlier, hpfisterer.

Deysha