General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

How do you deal with waiting for mods to arrive?

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/11, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you deal with waiting for mods to arrive?

Today after spending hours on americanmuscle.com I settled on them for my Mustang modification needs (it's a sickness really).

I ordered the Pype Bomb axle back muffler delete and a convertible styling bar and now it is going to be like waiting for Christmas for the brown truck to show up.

We're all car enthusiasts and unless you are really lucky we all have to mail order parts because Autozone is not going to cut it for people like us.

My car doesn't even have license plates yet and I'm already looking at rocker bar stripes and GT floor mats and intake side stuff etc etc...

So I thought it would be interesting to hear some waiting for mod parts stories from some of ya'll and how you deal with anxiously waiting day after day for stuff to show up.

I'm thinking about drinking heavily this weekend and hoping the stuff gets on a plane out here early!
Old 2/11/11, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a chronic online shopper. I think I actually enjoy the buying/shipping/unboxing process more than the end part itself. So if I order a lot of stuff... be it car or computer parts or whatever, I am really happy for the few days that they are all being delivered. Then afterwards, when UPS no longer rings on my door bell, I get depressed and turn to alcohol and amazon.
Old 2/11/11, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Me too.... I know understand a drug addiction. Only I get way more fun from the car
Old 2/11/11, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Kiloton10
Today after spending hours on americanmuscle.com I settled on them for my Mustang modification needs (it's a sickness really).

I ordered the Pype Bomb axle back muffler delete and a convertible styling bar and now it is going to be like waiting for Christmas for the brown truck to show up.

We're all car enthusiasts and unless you are really lucky we all have to mail order parts because Autozone is not going to cut it for people like us.

My car doesn't even have license plates yet and I'm already looking at rocker bar stripes and GT floor mats and intake side stuff etc etc...

So I thought it would be interesting to hear some waiting for mod parts stories from some of ya'll and how you deal with anxiously waiting day after day for stuff to show up.

I'm thinking about drinking heavily this weekend and hoping the stuff gets on a plane out here early!
You think you have it bad, I live in Canada and it is not uncommon for parts that are ordered at a local Speed Shop to take three week or more before they arrive. Modifying your Mustang is clearly an addicting hobby. The delay in receiving parts can be both dangerous and helpful i.e., the longer it takes for parts to arrive the more second guessing you can do on whether you made the right purchase decision. On the other hand it is great to have a little extra time to research and plan the installation correctly and make sure you have all the tools and supplies required.

Silly me, I just noticed you live in Hawaii, my experience with American Muscle has been pretty good in terms of delivery, generally within 3 to 4 days. Please keep us posted on how long it takes your parts to arrive?
Old 2/11/11, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2
Silly me, I just noticed you live in Hawaii, my experience with American Muscle has been pretty good in terms of delivery, generally within 3 to 4 days. Please keep us posted on how long it takes your parts to arrive?
I will. They handled the order on the phone because I had some questions and I wanted to see if they really knew what they were talking about. The lady on the phone did an outstanding job and referred to their project cars and knew her stuff in and out. Nothing to do now but keep checking the UPS tracker and go and buy a 2 inch hole saw drill bit.
Old 2/11/11, 10:48 PM
V6 Member

These guys are great. If you have any issues, they will take care of it, I can attest to that with my last purchase. Yeah I know the feeling, keep hitting refresh on the shipping site every few secs, you can always move to the mainland should cut down a bit....

Anyway, post the pics when you get the stuff installed.
Old 2/12/11, 06:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I usally will not order anything on back order, so my wait is pretty short. The wait is kinda fun tho
Old 2/13/11, 06:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Must have looked out the front door about 50 times yesterday waiting for the fed-x truck lol
Old 2/24/11, 06:37 PM

So my order from AmericanMuscle.com arrived in exactly 7 days!!! Everything was in great shape and that is some outstanding shipping time to Hawaii. I installed it all over the weekend and am very happy but wasnt able to get the axelbacks to line up just right. I am gonna get it on a lift and loosen up the mid pipes sometime and play with it more.

The roll bar install was pretty painless because I bought all the tools I was going to need beforehand. Here are some new pictures of it!

Note the random GT500 in the background!!

I am extremely excited about the roll bar and exhaust!!! I also tinted the windows over the weekend. Now nobody will mistake my car for one of the 100 Hertz V6 convertible Mustangs running around the island.
Old 2/25/11, 05:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice when I come to Ha can I rent your car?? .)
Old 2/25/11, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Ken, I suspect 7 days is a pretty good shipping time to Hawaii. Car looks great and I am sure there will be no issue mistaking your Pype Bomb axle back muffler delete equipped car for one of the 100 Hertz V6's. Enjoy!
Old 2/26/11, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Nice when I come to Ha can I rent your car?? .)
Ha it's my daily driver for work or it'd be np