General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

HELP! PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/11, 12:12 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! PLEASE!

Sorry if i posted in the wrong place I'm new. I recently bought a 07 v6 mustang all stock and its not that good in speed, I know shoulda gone with an v8 but I also have a Titan 5.6 liter and it was killing me on gas so i went for a mustang always wanted one since I was in diapers (side tracked) and i wanted to know what mods I can do to gain more hp,torque,speed without breaking the bank and also I want to make it dual exhaust, I want it to sound mean like a cobra or close (haha). Any suggestions will help.
Thanks, Angel
Old 3/31/11, 07:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say a Tune & CAI would give you a good start. Search the V6 forums and you should come up with some decent ideas.
Old 4/1/11, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2010 mustang gt and i bought a granetelli cold air intake and installed it. Since i have installed it, it doesnt run right. It stalls on me and has no power plus my engine light has come on and mechanic light. I bought a SCT tuner and went in and checked my engine cods and got code p0102, p2195, p2197. I tried uploading the racing tune but it still hasnt fixed it.
Old 4/1/11, 05:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Stallion408
Sorry if i posted in the wrong place I'm new. I recently bought a 07 v6 mustang all stock and its not that good in speed, I know shoulda gone with an v8 but I also have a Titan 5.6 liter and it was killing me on gas so i went for a mustang always wanted one since I was in diapers (side tracked) and i wanted to know what mods I can do to gain more hp,torque,speed without breaking the bank and also I want to make it dual exhaust, I want it to sound mean like a cobra or close (haha). Any suggestions will help.
Thanks, Angel
I think rear gears would wake your car right up. It would be tough to pick which one I would do first on a 6er, the intake and tune or the rear gear.
Old 4/1/11, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by b_rad6465
I have a 2010 mustang gt and i bought a granetelli cold air intake and installed it. Since i have installed it, it doesnt run right. It stalls on me and has no power plus my engine light has come on and mechanic light. I bought a SCT tuner and went in and checked my engine cods and got code p0102, p2195, p2197. I tried uploading the racing tune but it still hasnt fixed it.
I say sell your intake and call one of the vendors here on TMS you will be much much happier <----- this is true
I would repete what I just wrote but I don't want to be redunant!