General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Gas Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/04, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subject: GAS PRICES

A pretty simple plan to take the power back. I'm in.

Read on....Subject: GAS WAR!
Join the resistance!!!!
I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer.
Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this
point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

JAMES ROBINS
FORD SENIOR MASTER TECHNICIAN
PTS ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER
TECHNICIAN REPAIR REVIEW PANEL MEMBER (TRRP) FMC
CURRENT PRESIDENT PTS CHICAGO ROUNDTABLE
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER TECHNOLOGY CENTER OF DU PAGE
PTS IS PROFESSIONAL TECHNICIAN SOCIETY (FORD MOTOR COMPANY)
Old 2/24/04, 08:17 PM
V6 Member

This was an e-mail I received just moments ago. It was forwarded to me by someone else. I normally ignore chain letter requests but when I got to the bottom and saw who "supposedly" wrote it was within the Ford hirearchy I decided to post a copy of it here. I dunno. Can anyone else confirm or deny that this is legit? Thanks,
Forest
Old 2/24/04, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

You might want to check out Snopes:

Gas Prices?
Old 2/24/04, 08:22 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the link duhler. That cleared it up. Thanks.
Old 2/24/04, 08:28 PM
V6 Member

But is there a James Robins whos a senior Tech at Ford. And did he really write this? I don't think he did, and if thats the case I think thats just wrong to use his name like that without his permission. Its things like this that really bugs me about the Internet. So much information at your fingertips, but a whole lot of lies as well. <sigh>
Old 2/24/04, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

I agree! I find that www.snopes.com is pretty accurate and I usually check stories out on it. I'm not saying that it is the authority, but you will most likely find more out about anything floating around the internet.

If anyone knows a better site, please let me know!

As far as James Robbins
Old 2/24/04, 08:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, snopes can rock.

Anyway .. I'm not going to going to buy gas on Thursday's in protest, nor the 2nd Saturday of odd numbered months.

That'll show 'em!!!
Old 2/24/04, 08:58 PM
V6 Member

I will probably just shoot for buying gas on days that end in "y".

That will show them!
Old 2/24/04, 09:02 PM
V6 Member

So, I should only buy gas toda"Y" and not tomorrow, right?
Old 2/24/04, 09:08 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unless one of us finds oil in our backyards we are stuck with these prices.. it is sad, but what can we do about it.

It is funny but the minute oil prices go up on NYSE, gas prices go up, but when the price drops, it takes longer for the price to drop at the pump. crooks
Old 2/24/04, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

ahh it's times like this i love driving my jetta tdi turbo diesel... i just moved from az to tx and it got 52 mpg on the highway loaded with crap. cant beat it.
Old 2/25/04, 01:20 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I'm loving driving my TRUCK and my V8 LAND YACHT during these times...

:bang:
Old 2/25/04, 06:35 PM
GT Member

What can you do...They got you by the ***** :bang:
Old 2/26/04, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ford1@Feb. 26th, 2004, 1:38 AM
What can you do...They got you by the ***** :bang:
Yup. I just pay.
Old 2/26/04, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iv shortend my weekend drives down. an dont go anywhere unless i haft 2.
Old 3/11/04, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

I just pay it too. But one can vote with their feet...er wheels too. I may move out of the Washington DC metro area if I can find a job that pays close to what I make now.

I was checking out Atlanta. 4.2 percent unemployment, housing prices 1/2 of what they are here.

What does gas cost there? Anyone? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 3/12/04, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

38 Special // I live in Atlanta and gas prices today Friday March 12th are $1.65 per gallon for regular gas--------- :notnice: :notnice:
Old 3/12/04, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

www.atlantagasprices.com

www.phoenixgasprices.com

i am sure they have one for every city
Old 3/13/04, 02:05 PM
GT Member

nice find, yeah, just search for your State. I'm sure somebody will have put something on there...If not add some
Old 3/14/04, 07:25 PM

Well - just another reason to get rid of my gas-sucking 5.9L V8 Dodge. I'll be getting an '05 Stang GT for the gas mileage. HA HA!!!

Quick Reply: Gas Price Increase