General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

FORD'S WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/14, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FORD'S WARRANTY

DONT BUY A MANUAL TRANSMISSION MUSTANG, THEY ARE A CHINESE PIECE OF GARBAGE.WHEN YOU TAKE IT TO THE DEALER ,THEY'LL SAY ALL THE CRUNCHING OF GEARS IS NORMAL.DID I MENTION GRINDING TOO? ON A CAR WITH1700 MILES THAT WAS BABIED, CAPITALB. GUESS I HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY , WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS.
Old 1/2/14, 02:49 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Your dealership service department is garbage. Everybody knows there is a problem with the manuals. Ford customer service rep is a regular on this site. She can help with your dealer sucking less.
Old 1/2/14, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah the stealerships are exactly that. PM Deysha, she can help you get the ball moving in the right direction. She is a sweetheart! Link below.

https://themustangsource.com/members...ervice-111098/

Last edited by Tron; 1/2/14 at 02:59 PM.
Old 1/2/14, 03:27 PM
Cobra Member

Find a new dealer if you can and like others said get with Deysha.
Old 1/2/14, 04:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbirch
DONT BUY A MANUAL TRANSMISSION MUSTANG, THEY ARE A CHINESE PIECE OF GARBAGE.WHEN YOU TAKE IT TO THE DEALER ,THEY'LL SAY ALL THE CRUNCHING OF GEARS IS NORMAL.DID I MENTION GRINDING TOO? ON A CAR WITH1700 MILES THAT WAS BABIED, CAPITALB. GUESS I HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY , WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS.
Wow! All caps much?

FYI, just because the tranny is ASSEMBLED in China doesn't make it a "Chinese Piece of Garbage". Apple products are MADE in China too. They are some of the best quality electronics products today.

The tranny is DESIGNED by FORD an American company and Getrag, a GERMAN company.

If you are looking for help, we are all here to do that. Can we avoid the blanket statements and caps next time?

Last edited by typesredline; 1/2/14 at 04:11 PM.
Old 1/2/14, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP needs to learn how to drive
Old 1/2/14, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Got a feeling we have a 4 post troll on our hands.

Hard to take the post seriously anyway. All the caps and attorney stuff....
Old 1/2/14, 09:22 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And don't bypass our language filters.
Old 1/3/14, 07:00 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello johnbirch,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this reviewed for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Your dealership service department is garbage. Everybody knows there is a problem with the manuals. Ford customer service rep is a regular on this site. She can help with your dealer sucking less.
Originally Posted by Tron
Yeah the stealerships are exactly that. PM Deysha, she can help you get the ball moving in the right direction. She is a sweetheart! Link below.
https://themustangsource.com/members...ervice-111098/
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Find a new dealer if you can and like others said get with Deysha.
Thank you for the mention, guys!

Deysha
Old 1/3/14, 08:44 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,064 Likes on 666 Posts
The OP's name may be real or he used it just because of frustration (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society ) but the manual tranny info about being 'made in China' is very visible on the window sticker. I personally also frown at that and wouldn't buy one. It's bad enough my '07 tranny was 'assembled in Mexico'. The only reason I was comfortable with it was that most of the parts were indeed made in the USA. So far so good. The choice is always the buyer's when the info is clearly stated. I think we all wish that everything was 'made and assembled in the USA' but that seems to be past history.

Last edited by NC14GT; 1/3/14 at 08:46 AM.
Old 1/3/14, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Babied with a capital B guys
Old 1/3/14, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
The OP's name may be real or he used it just because of frustration (see Video Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society ) but the manual tranny info about being 'made in China' is very visible on the window sticker. I personally also frown at that and wouldn't buy one. It's bad enough my '07 tranny was 'assembled in Mexico'. The only reason I was comfortable with it was that most of the parts were indeed made in the USA. So far so good. The choice is always the buyer's when the info is clearly stated. I think we all wish that everything was 'made and assembled in the USA' but that seems to be past history.
Totally didn't catch the name. Isn't john birch connected to the kkk?

Never disputed the "made in china" just said it isn't designed in china. And the plant in china is still a getrag plant. It just happens to be IN china. That's how things can stay affordable folks, take it or leave it.

I move to close the thread.

Last edited by typesredline; 1/3/14 at 06:30 PM.
Old 1/4/14, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a lot of experience with outsourced labor to China. I'm a engineer for a capitol equipment company and It doesn't matter if its designed in USA and who owns the plant. If they hire off the street labor ( which they do to keep the cost down ) there will be quality problems. I battle it everyday in my job ( my company has a China mfg facility) and although it does save money ( or make money for the share holders) it will take a very long time for it to be as good as a USA plant with qualified technicians / skilled labor.

Please do not reply stating I have something against Chinese people. It's not like that. Until you have seen what I have and actually gone through the entire outsourcing process, you will never get the true sense of why Made in USA truly means something.
Old 1/4/14, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Or at least it used to.
Old 1/5/14, 12:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I hope to have a transmission that works properly one day...preferably before the warranty runs out. That's assuming of course that Ford will authorize a second rebuild due to the first rebuild not correcting my crunching, grinding transmission.

Even then, I think I will have to find a new dealer for that to happen. When I told my dealer's service manager that their rebuild did not correct the problem, they told me to drive it harder. I am supposed to just crunch and grind my way through the gears without regard for the damage it causes. They told me, if it breaks, they will fix it.
Old 1/6/14, 07:50 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 0960
I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I hope to have a transmission that works properly one day...preferably before the warranty runs out. That's assuming of course that Ford will authorize a second rebuild due to the first rebuild not correcting my crunching, grinding transmission.

Even then, I think I will have to find a new dealer for that to happen. When I told my dealer's service manager that their rebuild did not correct the problem, they told me to drive it harder. I am supposed to just crunch and grind my way through the gears without regard for the damage it causes. They told me, if it breaks, they will fix it.
Hello Boss 0960,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. If you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle, please have your dealer check it out. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get it escalated for you.

Deysha
Old 1/6/14, 09:57 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pminri
( or make money for the share holders)
And pays your salary, and your Mustang pmt, and your house pmt...

Originally Posted by typesredline
Totally didn't catch the name. Isn't john birch connected to the kkk?
I'm sure some communist leftanista would like you to think that.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/6/14 at 10:07 AM.
Old 1/6/14, 06:27 PM

it shouldn't get a call from corporate for dealers to honor warranty claims
Old 1/7/14, 08:46 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,064 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by ted2006
it shouldn't get a call from corporate for dealers to honor warranty claims
That's the way it has always been with Ford. I was hoping the 'customer service' and satisfaction would spread down to the dealer level by now after these tough economic times, but it rarely does. Oh, I've been to some superb Ford dealers but they are few and far between. It was so bad once, I got a call from a Ford VP and he gave me his personal number if I experienced any further problems. In general, the times I have bought new Fords over the past 30+ years I have always ended up at the 'sister' Mercury Lincoln dealers for warranty service. They dealt with higher end customers (the big bucks) and had much better customer service and treated you fairly. Unfortunately those days are over. For me, GM has a leg up on Ford in this department. That's been my take since I don't fall into any 'brand loyalty' category.
Old 1/7/14, 05:19 PM

YES IT'S MY NAME AND JOHN BIRCH HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THE KKK.MORE HISTORY BOOKS,LITTLE LESS MUSTANG MONTHLY.

Quick Reply: FORD'S WARRANTY