Old 5/9/08, 09:47 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ford Sues to Block Imported Mustang Parts

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...390/1148/rss25
Old 5/29/08, 09:22 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Mixed feelings on this, but overall kinda glad to hear it. I bought a knockoff fender for our windstar, messed around for a hour or two finally got pissed folded it up threw it away and bought the ford piece.

I'm glad to see OLD repops available, as 'better than nothing', but copying new parts- nah ford has a right to be pissed. If they dont stop them, it wont be long before QQ motors starts importing cheep mustangs with cloned toyota engines...the Chinese have no remorse on trying to massively profit by copying and selling CURRENT products. Now when my 9 year old at the time 89 Mark VII rockers started rotting out, and fomoco had NONE available, at that point I would HOPE for a repop to show up even before the 14 year patent expires...but they didnt. if they(ford) cant support their products, they should NOT be allowed to prevent others from doing so, but on current models, I agree the chinese are way way over the line.

Now the deal with Ford last year cracking down on every 'mustang' or 'ford' or logo sporting website/restoration business was just wrong in my mind- these places/businesses were for enthusiasts of the brand and for maintaining 'obsolete' models of the brand- ford shold have given cheep license agreements to those that help/support/promote the brand instead of heavy handed lawyering/threatening lawsuits and whatnot...just about everyone despises lawyers, but even moreso those that use them to 'flaunt their legal rights'...