General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ford Credit has been HORRENDOUS to deal with!

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/14, 07:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Ford Credit has been HORRENDOUS to deal with!

Before my Mustang I had a 2012 Focus, leased through Ford Credit. The lease turn in process has been a complete and utter joke. I used their third party inspection company and the cited me for $161 in damages to the bumper (just rock chips, no big deal) and $700 for tires.

Here's the thing, Ford offers a "treadware forgiveness" thing where you can bring back your car with basically bald tires (as long as the belts aren't showing, more or less) and they won't charge you for new ones. Well, I had BRAND new tires on there, but they were slightly different in size. Figured it was no big deal since they obviously don't care if the tires are returned in good shape. Apparently not, while buying my Mustang and tying up my Focus lease stuff at the dealer they said Ford Credit insists on proper size tires being on there. So I had to buy some cheap used tires with barely any tread and threw those on there. I had to buy different freaking tires when they were going to toss them anyways! These jerks don't listen to any reason, and talking to them is like talking to a computer. Even my dealer couldn't get anywhere with them, and they had him banging his head against the wall due to the stupidity.

Well, that was three months ago, and just now I get a freakin' bill from Ford Credit for the **** tires again! Now I have to call them back and dispute all the charges (AGAIN) because they don't have their crap together.

Ford Credit won't get a cent of my money ever again.

ETA - none of this really even touches in how difficult it was to do any of the lease end stuff, and the fact that at every point with the tire debacle what they told us earlier was no longer good enough and they needed further proof that different tires were on the car. They're mounted on the **** vehicle and they don't believe it! Had to go get a receipt, then had to go get stuff added to the receipt because it "wasn't good enough".

GOOD GRIEF!

Last edited by Joeywhat; 6/16/14 at 07:56 PM.
Old 6/16/14, 09:17 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have yet to hear of a lease that works out for the lessee. One way or another it always ends up a screw job.
Old 6/16/14, 09:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I have yet to hear of a lease that works out for the lessee. One way or another it always ends up a screw job.
It doesn't help that I paid way too much for it as it was a 2012 that had JUST came out so there were zero incentives on it.

Of course I paid over mileage as well, not that I have a problem with that. I'd be perfectly happy if they weren't charging me for the freakin' tires. It's just shady business, IMO.
Old 6/17/14, 04:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
In 1989, I leased a Fox Mustang V8 Coupe. In the three years I had the car, I put 16k miles on it. Turn in was absolutely no problem at all, and there were no monetary penalties.
Old 6/17/14, 06:31 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
Unless you are a business, leases make no sense for the average consumer. It's all geared to the dealer and company, whether it be Ford or BMW. None are consumer friendly, NONE!
Old 6/30/14, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
I never understood people leasing a car or pick up.
Old 6/30/14, 07:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
I never understood people leasing a car or pick up.
It made sense for me. I ended up spending less overall then if I had bought it and sold it after 3 years.
Old 7/1/14, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
It made sense for me. I ended up spending less overall then if I had bought it and sold it after 3 years.
Could you explain please? Your prior posts here (#1, #3) indicates it was NOT a good deal. You started this thread and were complaining. I thought so anyway. Now you say it was good?? Could you lay us out some numbers so we can see one shining example of a lease. I rarely have for the typical individual.

1) How many miles you drove. (you are limited naturally)
2) The condition of the car when your lease was up. (The companies love to charge you for the slightest damage/wear, even door dings. You talked about the tires yourself)
3) How much money you laid out initially and what you received in return. (down payment, monthly costs, etc..)

Once we see the numbers and crunch them, we'll see how it worked out and compare if you bought a new car right off the bat. I won't be convinced until I see some evidence. I have read too many news reports, car magazines and such to ever think otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited by NC14GT; 7/1/14 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 7/1/14, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

I paid about $1000 less overall then if I had bought the car and sold after the three years (unless I was to get super lucky and sell for more then it's worth). This includes the mileage and wear and tear (I only paid like $100 in wear).

Even if it would've cost me more, I'm still glad I got the lease as there were more and more problems with that car, and I think it would've been a REAL problem in another 2-3 years.
Old 7/1/14, 02:52 PM

OK. I realize the actual numbers are probably not handy. I'm glad it worked out for you. That's all that matters.
Old 7/4/14, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
positive lease end

My wife turned in her Jeep Wrangler in Dec, for a new one. Much to our pleasant surprise the car was sold at auction for much more than the residual value. We got a check from Ally bank for $4400. I never knew that we would be entitled to that.