General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Exhausting All Ideas....

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/13, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhausting All Ideas....

So I have already posted in the Fox Body sub forum and I would like to post here also to see if I can get more ideas from various people. I will post everything I have up until this point...

- So hopefully someone has some ideas... I was driving to work this morning and as I pulled through the checkpoint my car just shut off. Power stayed on (Lights, gauges and radio) but the motor just quit. I coasted to the side of the road and shut the car off. Let it rest for 10 minutes and went to turn it over to no avail. It has a strong crank but just wont turn over. I decided to open the hood and take a look and everything looked tight and in order, even checked the fuel pressure which was ok but I did notice my oil cap was left off from the last time I had it changed. There was no oil anywhere under the hood or on the motor and the motor itself was still full.

- Picked up a cheap one from O'Reily's for 19. Installed it and still nothing... Trying a new dizzy tomorrow morning

- I pulled every single plug and did an arc test including the wire to the ignition coil. I'm getting nothing from the plugs but I did get about 1.4 seconds of an arc off the ignition coil. I did not check the rotor prior to pulling the dizzy so I can't vouch for that now can I vouch for if the timing was off. I haven't had any real issues with the car up until this morning when all of this happened. Though after reading some other forums I did actually recall feeling some misses perhaps just subtle jerks while I was driving the past few days

- So another quick update. Had the Ignition Module tested this morning and it came back good so I kept it on the new dizzy I just bought this morning. Got home put it in and I am still having a no start... So I have replaced the Ignition Coil and Distributor and still getting nothing.... Next idea anyone?

Hopefully someone has had a similar problem or atleast can point me in the right direction.
Old 8/15/13, 10:42 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a video to give everyone an idea of what I am hearing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6II9Q...ature=youtu.be