General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Dent in my Car!

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 08:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yesterday I came home to my apartment (my wife and I car pool to work since we're so close) and I find a very small dent on my rear quarter panel. It wasn't there in the morning and my wife and I are the only one's who park in the back so reasonably it had to be the line painters painting new parking spots yesterday. I called my insurance and reported it to the police so hopefully the complex will pay for it. My agent said that if they refused they would go after them since logically the only explanation was the line painters!

What confuses my is why they didn't make it easy on themselves and tell us they would be painting lines so we would park in the front! :scratch:
Old 4/15/05, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Andy, I too had a dent in the back panel of my car, 9 days after I got it. :bang:

Although I parked the last spot at Walmart to prevent any 'accidents', the wind blew a buggy into my car, and left me with a dent and even a crease.

I brought it to the body shop, and they wanted to replace the panel, buy the whole stripe but use just the back section, and repaint my car all the way over the window!!

I said, OH NO WAY!

So, I contacted a car dealer and he lined me up with a "dent doctor" that specializes in hail damage on vehicles.

He simply drilled a hole inside my door frame, and worked the dent out. He then plugged the hole with a rubber cap, and drilled the other door to make it look factory. You can not even tell there was a dent.

The cost? Just $55.

Of course the painters seem liable, but just wanted to give you an option to fix vs replace.

Old 4/15/05, 09:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well I just got a call from the super and he says he "assures me he didn't do it" I just said "okay, whatever" and ended the conversation. Then I called my agent again. She said to get an estimate and she will deal with them personally! I have Erie Insurance and they do a great job. I didn't want to argue with the guy because it wouldn't do any good. But a bill on their doorstep will for sure! This gonna get fixed right. My wife said if they refuse we will deduct $500 from our rent and if they have a problem we will contact a legal representative. This is ridiculous. Its not coming out of the maintenance guy's pocket it's coming from the corporation that owns the company!
Old 4/18/05, 08:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well I had the car estimated on Saturday morning. There was white overspray on it too. The grand total comes to $638.12. Guess our complex is gonna be plenty surprised when they get the bill! We're also now looking at getting out of our contract with the apartment so I'm pusuing a few contract lawyers. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome!
Old 4/18/05, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

There was white overspray on it too
Busted!!

I hope you get that fixed.
Old 4/18/05, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Hotrod@April 18, 2005, 3:34 PM
There was white overspray on it too
Busted!!

I hope you get that fixed.

Oh its getting fixed alright. And my wife and I are now pursuing gettin out of our contract since this is the second time we've had our vehicles damaged!

I'd like to see them explain the white paint. Morons! :ranting:

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 4/18/05, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Take photos of the dent and the overspray for your insurance person.
Old 4/19/05, 07:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 3RD1@April 18, 2005, 5:23 PM
Take photos of the dent and the overspray for your insurance person.

I did immediatley. The white overspray is hard to see in the pics but its on the estimate too. The dent came out very well in the pics though. Stinks for the complex!
Old 4/24/05, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

sorry someone had to do it. The way you explained your dent confused me. A small dent totaling 683$?? darn, that is an expensive repair. Is the dent creased real bad or just pushed in because DentWizards can fix it for less than half of what you'd have to pay. Happened to me in my old Grand Am.

Matt
Old 4/25/05, 08:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

I asked about a PDR but the collision center said that due to it being more like a crease than a circular dent it wouldn't look right without a repaint. It's alright cause the complex has to pay for it anyway. Also the reason the price is so much is because they also have to go all around the vehicle and remove all of the overspray that drifed onto the car in the wind. My wife and I are taking it up to my dad's house 45 minutes away to prevent this from happening again.
Old 4/25/05, 08:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@April 25, 2005, 8:49 AM
I asked about a PDR but the collision center said that due to it being more like a crease than a circular dent it wouldn't look right without a repaint. It's alright cause the complex has to pay for it anyway. Also the reason the price is so much is because they also have to go all around the vehicle and remove all of the overspray that drifed onto the car in the wind. My wife and I are taking it up to my dad's house 45 minutes away to prevent this from happening again.

DONT REPAINT! you can search some "dent doctors" and see what they can do! I had the same type of dent with crease, and the body shop told me the same thing, repaint, but I found a guy and he knocked it out. You cant even tell there was a problem there! It was just $55! Go to some auto auctions, and ask around. They always have the best dent doctors' phone numbers.

Sorry this has happened Andy, I know how I felt too when mine was dented! But dont give in --- you can fix it!
Old 4/25/05, 08:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well I already took it in on Saturday. Plus the insurance agent that looked at it wanted to repaint too so I really didn't have a choice. I'll look around next time though. I have another miniscule dent on the other side that was there when I bought the car and I want to get that fixed too in the future.

Thanks for the advice Lynell!
Old 4/25/05, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just hate that you have to go through so much trouble --- Im soooo glad I found this guy to fix mine. I was looking at 800+ to fix it/repaint it. I couldn't see doing that, the car was 9 days old!! Saved me a ton of money and alot of heartache going with the dent doctor.

Keeping his card in my FORD car wallet Just cuz ya never know......