General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Cocky guy with new 5.0 wants to race in spring...

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/13, 12:05 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocky guy with new 5.0 wants to race in spring...

So a guy that lives about 2 blocks from my house stops in a new 5.0 and checks my car out. I took the car outside garage for regular warm up and just to appreciate its beauty lol. So this guy "Joshua" straight up says, sounds nice, cammed? I reply how you doing? And yes little cam. E303. He says I bet it's fast. I reply: it's fun and my wife says its fast lol. He says wanna race em? I say, nah not driving it yet, spring maybe. He pushes and pushes and says well ill come over in couple weeks, gets in car does a 10 sec burnout and leaves. Oh man my little baby fox was pissed lol. So my question is, could he actually beat me? I'm in a brand spanking new 306 crate motor x gt40 heads 600 com Holley hp carb. Tubular front, caged, delete seats, coil over adjustable susp, c4 auto manual valve body 3500 stall,subframe connectors, et Mickeys back skinnies front. I think my car is pretty quick, but I've heard this new stangs are very fast...
Old 2/21/13, 06:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Is the 5.0 stock ?
There is only 1 way to find out..
Old 2/21/13, 06:35 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to 'General Mustang Chat' section.

And I assume you are speaking about racing at a sanctioned venue as TMS does not advocate or promote street racing. Thread will be closed with reference to street racing.
Old 2/21/13, 12:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lando
So a guy that lives about 2 blocks from my house stops in a new 5.0 and checks my car out. I took the car outside garage for regular warm up and just to appreciate its beauty lol. So this guy "Joshua" straight up says, sounds nice, cammed? I reply how you doing? And yes little cam. E303. He says I bet it's fast. I reply: it's fun and my wife says its fast lol. He says wanna race em? I say, nah not driving it yet, spring maybe. He pushes and pushes and says well ill come over in couple weeks, gets in car does a 10 sec burnout and leaves. Oh man my little baby fox was pissed lol. So my question is, could he actually beat me? I'm in a brand spanking new 306 crate motor x gt40 heads 600 com Holley hp carb. Tubular front, caged, delete seats, coil over adjustable susp, c4 auto manual valve body 3500 stall,subframe connectors, et Mickeys back skinnies front. I think my car is pretty quick, but I've heard this new stangs are very fast...
If he has mods yeah, stock close. The overbore isn't a hp mod so you got a sb with an h/c/i. probally in the 13s. I have seen similiar combos in that range and a few in the high 12's . the new 5.0. can match this stock. factor in mods, driver skill and tires it will be tough.
keep it legal and fun
Old 2/21/13, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Hate to break it to you but if he's got an auto or is a decent stick driver, you're in for a rough time. If your car hooks well with that big converter, you may have a shot but he'll run you down on top end.... thats my prediction.
Old 2/21/13, 01:49 PM
V6 Member

Yeah my car with this set up will turn mid 12s. And I know stock with good tires those new 5.0 do low 12s. It's ok my car still sounds way better lol. 2 bad the guy is such a douch. Should be fun tho, of course will do at the track............
Old 2/23/13, 06:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even not so smart people can afford nice cars. They tend not to last long in them as eventually the stupidity takes over and somehow a ditch or large immoveable object takes the car from them.

Natural Selection at it's finest. Good luck when you do make it happen. Your car sounds great by the way.
Old 2/23/13, 10:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im a new 5.0 owner (Boss 302 in fact) but im in a drag racing club which is ALL MUSTANGS.
Most people with new 5.0s really cant drive them well enough.

I would put my money on you, especially since I was a 4000 stall converter owner before the Boss purchase.
Old 2/23/13, 10:24 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
you could also always stack the deck a bit .. what i would`nt give to have known about this stuff 35 years ago .....
Attached Thumbnails Cocky guy with new 5.0 wants to race in spring...-nos.jpg  
Old 2/23/13, 10:48 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Your neighbor sounds short.
Old 2/23/13, 10:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Your neighbor sounds short.
Lol. It took me a second to get this. I was ashamed of myself after.
Old 2/23/13, 11:00 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
you could also always stack the deck a bit .. what i would`nt give to have known about this stuff 35 years ago .....
JUICE!!
Old 2/23/13, 11:06 AM

Lol
we have a guy in a heavily modded 350Z in our quiet neighborhood. His car sounds like a jet and is very quick I will admit.

Long story short: he loves to throw his weight around and acts similar to the OPs neighbor. One day I saw him walking into Barnes and Noble to my delight. I wanted to finally meet him out of curiosity.

sadly, i looked all over for him after he entered the book store but couldn't find him... luckily, i finally looked down and there he was!

Sorry for the thread jack.
Old 2/23/13, 03:10 PM
V6 Member

Lol
we have a guy in a heavily modded 350Z in our quiet neighborhood. His car sounds like a jet and is very quick I will admit.

Long story short: he loves to throw his weight around and acts similar to the OPs neighbor. One day I saw him walking into Barnes and Noble to my delight. I wanted to finally meet him out of curiosity.

sadly, i looked all over for him after he entered the book store but couldn't find him... luckily, i finally looked down and there he was!

Lol typical... Who gives a f... He owns a 350zhit
Old 2/23/13, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Lol

Lol 350z's sound like a rice cake not a jet. As for being fast there about even with a new edge GT with a 5 speed hard top. Like I said in a previous thread the V8 will make more power mod for mod than the small v6. Also the current 370z is only as fast as a 05-10 GT. that being said the z series is over rated and they aren't as light as they claim to be either. Lmfao the 05 and 11 GT's rape them stock for stock an when both are moded even the 99-04 GT's will catch up an pass them by in power. All without running premium gas.
Old 2/23/13, 03:24 PM
Cobra Member

Was about to say you have a high 12 car. He does too. If he's manual, I give you the nod with the stalled C4.He wont run 12s consistently even if he can drive the car. I've owned the Foxes too. Run him through the 1/8 and take all his money. Fyi: Lose the GT 40 heads and bolt on some Edelbrock performer heads /1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust (trickflow, afr etc will do the job as well; could even find a good used pair for a good price). It will really wake the car up , worth about 3 tenths alone. I assume you have 3.73s out back? With the stickies, you'll rape him off the line. He won't catch you. Good luck.

Last edited by 2012GT; 2/23/13 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2/23/13, 03:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
dont you love brochure badasses? lol
Old 2/23/13, 05:50 PM

Muffin man, You missed the part where I said "heavily modded" That 350Z was not stock in the slightest. The supercharger whine and fart can makes that car sound like a turbine of a jet. I've witnessed firsthand that car shoot out like a rocket! I am in no way endorsing this *****.

Really it's not worth kicking around about it. The point is that every neighborhood has one. Good thing is that they run in small numbers, like sand people try to hide their numbers, and usually never grow past 5 foot 9.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 2/23/13 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2/23/13, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
dont you love brochure badasses? lol
Exactly.
Attached Thumbnails Cocky guy with new 5.0 wants to race in spring...-image-1357505800.jpg  
Old 2/23/13, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Muffin man, You missed the part where I said "heavily modded" That 350Z was not stock in the slightest. The supercharger whine and fart can makes that car sound like a turbine of a jet. I've witnessed firsthand that car shoot out like a rocket! I am in no way endorsing this *****.

Really it's not worth kicking around about it. The point is that every neighborhood has one. Good thing is that they run in small numbers, like sand people try to hide their numbers, and usually never grow past 5 foot 9.
I didn't miss that part I wasn't talking about your neighbors car except for the sound it makes. Don't mistake it for a supercharger whine followed by rice. It's a rice cannon. In the end it doesn't matter a 99-current GT supercharged would rape it's boodypipes. The Z's are over rated like Honda civics.

Quick Reply: Cocky guy with new 5.0 wants to race in spring...