General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Be carefull when dealing with Tom Harting

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/13, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be carefull when dealing with Tom Harting

Hi my name is Goran,i live in Sweden and i am like you a Mustang fan.
I Wold like to tell you a little story about what happend to me when i tryed to buy a Mustang from a dealer in Kettering Ohio.I found this nice Fastback on Ebay and i contacted the seller and we agreed on a price of $25000.
I wired the money but the car was never delivered because the VIN on the title said the car was a coupe with a 6 cyl and the car was a fastback with a 302.After a LOT of emailing back and fourth the dealer said the car was not possible to export and it wold have been unpossible to get it registred in Sweden because the stamped in VIN did not match the VIN on the title.
The dealer promised to send my money back but after waiting several weeks i contacted the police in Kettering and a detective helped me so after about 2 months i got $20000 back the dealer promised to send the rest but after about 6 months still no money and i think i will never get it back.It was not my foult the paperwork was not in order so i don`t think he has the right to take my $5000.
I have a lot of emails saved as evidence and i wold like to worn everyone from dealing with Powerhouse Cars International and the owner Tom Harting he might steal your money. There are a lot more details to tell but i think this is enough.
Sorry about the misspelled words.
I have bought a 68 fastback S code and it will be my winter project.I will not let Tom Harting stop me from getting my Mustang.
Best regards.
Göran
Old 9/25/13, 06:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
for 5k you should have him taken out and beaten. Gangster style
Old 9/25/13, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
for 5k you should have him taken out and beaten. Gangster style
Is that the going rate nowadays?
Old 9/25/13, 03:13 PM

Yes i guess there are different ways to handle this but the best i can do is to hope a lot of people read this and that Tom Harting don`t get to steal money from someone ells as well.Powehouse Cars International is not a cardealer to be trusted.
Goran
Old 9/25/13, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fastback 68
I have bought a 68 fastback S code and it will be my winter project.I will not let Tom Harting stop me from getting my Mustang...
Way to go, good for you. Enjoy your Mustang.
Old 9/25/13, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ER12883
Is that the going rate nowadays?
If someone riped me off for 5k I would spend a couple grand to make them pay. If that requires me flying half way across the globe to punch someones lights out, that is what I would do......... if someone ripes someone off for a dollar, said ripeoff should have to pay 10 times what they ripped off.
Old 9/25/13, 07:04 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi my name is Goran,i live in Sweden and i am like you a Mustang fan.

Best regards.
Göran
Hi Goran.

I am an amateur collector of vintage Swedish Hagstrom's. Many years ago I bought my 2nd most important piece from a (Texas) internet friend's friend in Sweden. The transaction was off ebay, and I was nervous about wiring money for a guitar sight unseen, to Sweden. But the friend in TX had met a number of people close to Hagstrom on his previous trip to Sweden. So I felt I had a little recourse in the Hagstrom community if things went bad.

However, the transaction was smooth as silk and I am so glad to own and play an imported Hagstrom Super Swede. The seller was honorable and upstanding.

Sorry this American piece of crap was not honorable at all.

Can the detective help you any further? Can ebay help?

I don't know about international or Ohio law, but in Oregon Small Claims Court handles cases up to $5000. Supposedly very easy compared to trial litigation.

Perhaps this is an avenue you can investigate. Don't let him off the hook.

I apologize for this American dirt bag.
Old 9/25/13, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hi Goran.

I am an amateur collector of vintage Swedish Hagstrom's. Many years ago I bought my 2nd most important piece from a (Texas) internet friend's friend in Sweden. The transaction was off ebay, and I was nervous about wiring money for a guitar sight unseen, to Sweden. But the friend in TX had met a number of people close to Hagstrom on his previous trip to Sweden. So I felt I had a little recourse in the Hagstrom community if things went bad.

However, the transaction was smooth as silk and I am so glad to own and play an imported Hagstrom Super Swede. The seller was honorable and upstanding.

I don't know about international or Ohio law, but in Oregon Small Claims Court handles cases up to $5000. Supposedly very easy compared to trial litigation.

I have to agree with my friend cdynaco I suggest you contact the Detective again. Since he is familiar with your case he should be able to help. I wouldn't let the dirtbag off. Keep at him, there should be some international laws concerning fraud (possible international wire fraud) that will help. Good luck, and I too am sorry you had to encounter this guy.

And by all means contact Ebay. They do not like crooks on their web site.

Last edited by wanted33; 9/25/13 at 07:31 PM.
Old 9/25/13, 07:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Hi Goran.

+1!!!

Well said Charlie

Makes me sad to be an American
Old 9/25/13, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't say anything really makes me sad to be an American... I mean we're really blessed, aren't we? But I am ashamed that this crapsack also gets to call himself an American. Honesty and integrity are traditional virtues commonly associated with the American people, but these characteristics seem to be diminishing, sorry to say.
Old 9/25/13, 09:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Can't say anything really makes me sad to be an American... I mean we're really blessed, aren't we? But I am ashamed that this crapsack also gets to call himself an American. Honesty and integrity are traditional virtues commonly associated with the American people, but these characteristics seem to be diminishing, sorry to say.
Honestly I'm becoming more and more sad to be an American everyday. It doesn't mean what it used to. With crapsacks as you say like this guy on the rise at some point the whole bushel rots.
Old 9/26/13, 06:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes i guess there are different ways to handle this but the best i can do is to hope a lot of people read this and that Tom Harting don`t get to steal money from someone ells as well.Powehouse Cars International is not a cardealer to be trusted.
Goran
post his phone number we can keep him busy
Old 9/26/13, 06:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

they do have a nice facebook page though
Old 9/26/13, 04:58 PM

Hi guys,thanks for your support,the detective that helped me said that because most of the money have been paid back to me and the remaining amount is `just`$5000 it is no longer a police matter and i would have to go to a civil court and i would have to appear in court several times.I don`t think it is wort the effort,money or time it would take to do that.if it was about the original $25000 i would have done it for sure even if i would have a lot of problems with the legal system language.
I have been visiting USA twice meeting nothing but nice people where ever i have gone so Tom Harting is a one in a million skumbag so you can still be proud to be americans.
I have told Tom that i will tell this story on the internet but he hasn`t answered my messenges the last couple of mounths and when i called he hanged up on me.
So i think he deserves some attention and maybe if some of you people feel like giving him a call he might send my money back.
He will probobly deny stealing my $5000 but as i said in my first entry i have tons of emails saved as evidense.
Thank you again for your support.
Best regards.
Goran.

ebay has some kind of insuranse or guarantee for this kind of problems but only for American or Canadian buyers.
Old 9/26/13, 05:57 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just to be sure, there isn't a dispute/discrepancy concerning exchange rate as to how much was paid or refunded is there?

> What's Power House's user name on ebay?

Always send letters with proof of delivery... you can always write just one general letter and then use the various Agency names & addresses. That at least gets you started.

Ohio Attorney General:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/

Better Business Bureau:

https://www.bbb.org/

Sometimes the Secretary of State's filing will list the agent's address (usually the owner). This one didn't but it also shows he's only been in business (under this name) since April of this year. He also files it as Power House being two words not one, and is registered as an LLC (limited liability company). So I'd write it that way (correct and full name as well as registration number 2189964) in any correspondence to the Ohio State government.

Name search:
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqr...1:P1_TYPE:NAME

Results for Power House Cars International LLC:

http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqr...ER_NUM:2189964

His filing info with Document ID#:

http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/...n=201310001385

Looks like Ohio Small Claims Court is limited to $3000. It speaks of arbitration so perhaps a letter of inquiry about whether that is possible with you in Sweden.
For me, it would be worth paying the few bucks to file (with service) just so he'd be served papers by the Sheriff. That'd mess with his head for a bit.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cons.../small_oh.html

Also, I believe you should still notify ebay about his theft so perhaps they will mark him. Be sure and give him negative feedback.

The detective is disobeying Ohio State Law which says theft over $500.00 constitutes a felony offense. So regardless of the litigation aspect, he is still allowing a felonious criminal enterprise to prey on other unsuspecting people.
Maybe a letter to his supervisor or the Chief of Police... there's always another person over the last guy's head.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/26/13 at 06:35 PM.
Old 9/27/13, 04:20 PM

Hi,no there is no chanse of missunderstanding because of the exchangerates.
I have made a complaint to ebay and they said they have been taking actions against Power House but will not tell me what because of their personal integrity policy i don`t know if he is still allowed to trade on ebay.
Also Before the Ohio police could help me i had to make a complaint to some internationat fraud Agency and to the Attorney General in Ohio.
Goran