General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

boss 302 or roush stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/13, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boss 302 or roush stage 3

I am considering buying either a 2013 boss 302 or maybe a 2013 roush stage 3. I was hoping to get thoughts on this purchase.
Old 5/6/13, 06:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddyo
I am considering buying either a 2013 boss 302 or maybe a 2013 roush stage 3. I was hoping to get thoughts on this purchase.
Roush stage 3!! Unless you can find a school bus yellow IMO
Old 5/6/13, 07:07 PM

I know it has more power and handles as well or better than the Boss. Does the Roush hold its value?
Old 5/6/13, 07:14 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,237 Posts
I know it has more power and handles as well or better than the Boss. Does the Roush hold its value?
I've heard the Roush doesn't hold it's value, but I, persoanlly don't care about that. A car doesn't hold it's value, unless you are driving an unmolested '70 Boss or an unmolested '69 ZL1. (You get the picture.)
I have the 2013 Roush Stage 3 and love it. Had it for about 2 months now.
I've read a review that says the Roush Stage 3 is the perfect combo of the Shelby GT500 and the Boss 302.
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2013/0...age-3-mustang/
Old 5/6/13, 07:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't base what you get on what holds value IMO. Love what you get
Old 5/6/13, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I've heard the Roush doesn't hold it's value, but I, persoanlly don't care about that. A car doesn't hold it's value, unless you are driving an unmolested '70 Boss or an unmolested '69 ZL1. (You get the picture.)
I have the 2013 Roush Stage 3 and love it. Had it for about 2 months now.
I've read a review that says the Roush Stage 3 is the perfect combo of the Shelby GT500 and the Boss 302.
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2013/0...age-3-mustang/
Is yours a DD? If so how does is the ride?
Old 5/6/13, 07:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Is yours a DD? If so how does is the ride?
Definitely not a daily driver. It's my weekend/great weather toy. If I didn't get the Roush, it would have been the Boss. I wanted the Shelby at first, but that is a pricey car, especially with the dealer markup.
The ride is awesome. I always suggest this car when people ask about it. I love my Roush and so glad that I got it over the 2013 ZL1.
The Roush is kind of a gas guzzler though. There is a gas guzzler tax built into the price. Listed right on the window sticker.
Old 5/6/13, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't the Roush is forged, i think they slap a supercharger on a stock GT. If that is true i personally would buy a Boss, it's forged/cnc heads etc.

It's your preference, what are you going to do with the car? Weekend driver, occasional day at the drag strip. If that's the case either, but if your going to track the car[scca or drag car every weekend i'd get the Boss as it's engineered for such use. The Roush is a polished up GT, before the Roush guy get their panties all twisted they are nice cars but they are just that. No different than you bolting on supercharger/suspension and decals at home.

Don't ever buy a new car as an investment, you want an investment car buy one. One that is already at investment status, one you really can't drive because it depends on it's condition and mileage.

Just my two cents...
Old 5/6/13, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Definitely not a daily driver. It's my weekend/great weather toy. If I didn't get the Roush, it would have been the Boss. I wanted the Shelby at first, but that is a pricey car, especially with the dealer markup.
The ride is awesome. I always suggest this car when people ask about it. I love my Roush and so glad that I got it over the 2013 ZL1.
The Roush is kind of a gas guzzler though. There is a gas guzzler tax built into the price. Listed right on the window sticker.
I wanted the Shelby also due to the amazing HP it produces but it is pricey and I heard it doesn't handle as well as the Boss or Roush. I think the price on the Roush and Boss is comparable to each other.
Old 5/6/13, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by t-fatty
I don't the Roush is forged, i think they slap a supercharger on a stock GT. If that is true i personally would buy a Boss, it's forged/cnc heads etc.

It's your preference, what are you going to do with the car? Weekend driver, occasional day at the drag strip. If that's the case either, but if your going to track the car[scca or drag car every weekend i'd get the Boss as it's engineered for such use. The Roush is a polished up GT, before the Roush guy get their panties all twisted they are nice cars but they are just that. No different than you bolting on supercharger/suspension and decals at home.

Don't ever buy a new car as an investment, you want an investment car buy one. One that is already at investment status, one you really can't drive because it depends on it's condition and mileage.

Just my two cents...

I believe you are right as to the forged pistons on the Boss.
Old 5/6/13, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

It's more than just forged pistons.
Old 5/7/13, 03:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Way more. I say drive both and see which one you like more. Then find a good price on the one you chose and go from there.
Old 5/7/13, 04:08 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love my Boss! Drive it as much as I can, but also like to ride my motorcycle into work when the weather is nice. Drove the Boss 600 miles last weekend and it was a blast!
Old 5/7/13, 04:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I own a Boss, but I'd take either one. How much can a Roush Stage 3 be purchased for?
Old 5/7/13, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
I own a Boss, but I'd take either one. How much can a Roush Stage 3 be purchased for?
I have seen the Roush for around 45k to 55k. The Boss is around 45k.
Old 5/7/13, 10:20 AM
Banned

I've seen a 2014 RS3 Phase 3 run high 11s. More power than a GT500. It's basically a race car you can drive everyday.
Old 5/7/13, 10:23 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think because of the rarity of the boss run, I'd get the boss.

I would have had one was it not for the 10k dealer markup... now they are out there without the markup but I'm happy with the GT...

just be sure no matter which one you get, Green IS the fastest color...
The following users liked this post:
Trap (11/30/23)
Old 5/7/13, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Roushes, impressive as they are, are converted base GT's. Boss 302's were built from the ground up to be a Boss.
Old 5/7/13, 01:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mcate
Roushes, impressive as they are, are converted base GT's. Boss 302's were built from the ground up to be a Boss.
True, but have more HP, all comfort features you might miss from a Boss, Nicer gauges, wheels, exhaust.
Its a base GT built into a performing car from ground up from... Roush.
I still love my Boss, but a Roush is still a built car like a Boss

Last edited by UnrealFord; 5/7/13 at 01:54 PM.
Old 5/7/13, 06:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by t-fatty
I don't the Roush is forged,
Just my two cents...
I totally agree with what you say about the investment. If you want an investment, buy an older car that has been/or you restore it to 100%. One that desirable too, if you want to make your money back and (hopefully) more. Get it authenicated and go through all the paperwork to make it 100% legit.
The Phase 3 Roush has forged internals. It produces from 675 to over 700 horses. Th Aluminator engine, which is a 8k option.

Quick Reply: boss 302 or roush stage 3