General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Best source for OEM parts online?

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/17, 08:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best source for OEM parts online?

Any suggestions of online parts dealers that are trustworthy, or information on any that are NOT trustworthy? Anyone heard anything about Sound Ford in Washington?
Old 3/30/17, 09:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Tasca has been consistently one of the cheapest reputable sites I've bought from
Old 3/31/17, 07:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Tasca !
Old 3/31/17, 08:41 AM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Nothing against buying things online, like most people I've bought a variety of things including auto parts online. That said you may be able to buy what you want locally at internet prices. A couple of years ago I was at the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, Il. I was browsing the various vendors when I discovered that a nearby small town GM/Ford dealer operation was also a GM Performance and a Ford Racing [ now Ford Performance ] dealer. I knew that this dealer [ Weir in Red Bud, Il. ] had a major wholesale operation, mainly on the GM side, but I had no idea that they were also in the performance parts business. I was able to order a set of Boss 302 wheels from them at the same price as the internet dealers were asking. I did have to pay Il. sales tax, but unlike the internet shipping was free and one of their parts delivery trucks brought them to my door. The sales tax was a good deal less than shipping would have been. I went back to them again when I bought a track key for my '14 GT. They actually beat the internet prices on it. The lesson here is that it may pay you to look into what one of your local dealers can do for you.
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (3/31/17)
Old 3/31/17, 09:22 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Some really good deals can be found here:

http://www.levittownfordparts.com/index.php
wanted33 (3/31/17)
Old 3/31/17, 11:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I agree a good "google" can find the parts you want at some great prices. I usually just start by searching for the part by name, or number. We have good vendors here, but they don't always have the best prices.
Old 4/1/17, 11:37 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
There are three that I have dealt with. To me it usually comes down to shipping costs.

Tasca good prices, but a long way from my location. They are in Rhode Island. Great to deal with. Usually ends up with a higher out of pocket cost.

AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake (Was Tousley Ford). Located in Minneapolis/St Paul area. Long name but have been awesome to work with. Great prices, and OK shipping costs. Have had to talk with these guys and have been easy, even when returns are involved.

Sunrise Ford (sunrisefordparts.com) There is more than one dealer with this name. These guys are a Ford dealer in Southern California. Have not had to deal with them directly, just through the website. They add shipping to all part prices. Most of time it looks high until you get the final out of pocket. Their prices have been tough to beat when shipping is involved.
Old 4/1/17, 05:58 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info! I tried my local shops, and while they are willing to give me better than retail pricing, they scoff at a measly 10% profit. Buying online can be a gamble if a problem comes up, but credit cards add some level of insurance...
Old 4/2/17, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I have tried most Ford Deals locally. If you catch them at the right time they will get close to online prices. Most of the time they tell me that their cost is more than what the y are quoting online. I go to the Dealer to get my oil as they beat anyone with out asking.
Old 9/4/23, 05:55 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
UPDATE!

These Days With Many Online Sites Having to Charge Sales Tax Now Vs a Few Years Back and Increased Shipping Costs Consider Trying to Get a Deal Locally. The Bigger The Part The Less Sense it Makes To Go Online. Parts Ordered at the Dealership Do Not Usually Have Shipping Costs. Remember to Factor in Shipping if they are Charging When Figuring Part Cost!

I was the OEM Ford Parts Supplier Here From 2005-2010 and I Was Able To Have The Deals Before Sales Tax Came into Play {Out of State Sales} but Some Items Like a Hood Were Foolhardy to Order because Of Shipping Costs and Chance of Damage. In Those Cases I advised them To Go Local!

Now There are Times When Online Sellers Have Dead Stock Which They Can Sell Below Normal Cost & You Can't Compete With That! So Online Shopping Needs To Be Selective!

Here is Something to Figure as Well. Free Shipping Means They Charge More For The Part Which Increases Sales Tax. So When You See a Higher Priced Item With Cheaper Shipping You are Going to Pay Less Sales Tax.

As far as Ease of Use For a Ford Catalog I Like This Site. And it Shows MSRP & Their Price. Downside is Cataloging Stops at 2019. You Can Put Later Part Number In If You Have it. Parts End Up Coming From Sanderson Ford in Arizona. Oh and Some Dealers Sell Above MSRP. So Be Informed.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...ag_system.html

Note, If You Have a Ford Parts Question and Are Having a Hard Time Getting Answers or Finding an Elusive Oem Ford Part Happy to Help!

Mgb,

KC
m05fastbackGT (9/4/23)
Old 9/4/23, 09:40 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
To add to Kevin's post above, you might keep in mind Ford has an online parts site that works through the dealers. I have found decent pricing using this site when selecting one of my local dealers. I have found the prices do vary depending on which dealer I select. So I typically will check the various dealers I am familiar with, local or not, before purchase. The site does provide free shipping on most items I have purchased.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us

Last edited by shaneyusa; 9/4/23 at 09:41 AM.
m05fastbackGT (9/4/23)
Old 9/4/23, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
To add to Kevin's post above, you might keep in mind Ford has an online parts site that works through the dealers. I have found decent pricing using this site when selecting one of my local dealers. I have found the prices do vary depending on which dealer I select. So I typically will check the various dealers I am familiar with, local or not, before purchase. The site does provide free shipping on most items I have purchased.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us
Good Point,

Some Dealers Web Price is Better Than When You Walk Up To The Counter!

Also Repair Shop Prices on Parts!

Could Have 3 Different Prices as Well!

Net,Counter and Repair Shop!

So Have an Online Quote From Same Dealer in Your Back Pocket and Try the Counter.

If They Don't Match Get Out The Quote & Make Em Squirm!

Try It!

Seriously

Mgb,

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
m05fastbackGT (9/4/23), shaneyusa (9/4/23)
Old 9/4/23, 11:22 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Good Point,

Some Dealers Web Price is Better Than When You Walk Up To The Counter!

Also Repair Shop Prices on Parts!

Could Have 3 Different Prices as Well!

Net,Counter and Repair Shop!

So Have an Online Quote From Same Dealer in Your Back Pocket and Try the Counter.

If They Don't Match Get Out The Quote & Make Em Squirm!

Try It!

Seriously

Mgb,

KC
Great suggestions I will definitely be trying this approach when needed!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
05stangkc (9/4/23), m05fastbackGT (9/4/23)
Old 9/4/23, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
And we still have Rockauto.com and the fact they do in most cases sell Motorcraft.
The following 3 users liked this post by Siber Express:
05stangkc (9/4/23), m05fastbackGT (9/4/23), shaneyusa (9/4/23)
Old 9/4/23, 08:59 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Great suggestions I will definitely be trying this approach when needed!
Same here as well, Gary!!!
Old 9/5/23, 08:56 AM

Used To Be So Simple! One Trustworthy Ford Parts Guy That was Driving an S-197 Like The Guy Calling In, Spoke The Same Mustang Language, You Could Call & If He Could Not Give You a Great Deal he Told You Your Options!

Now Who Was That Guy???

Mgb,

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
m05fastbackGT (9/5/23), shaneyusa (9/5/23)
Old 9/5/23, 01:17 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Isn't that sure the truth!!!