General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Anyone see War of the Worlds...

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/05, 10:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone see War of the Worlds? Very briefly at the beginning of the movie we see the sweet ride Tom Cruise's character has: a 1966 Shelby GT 350H. It probably appears maybe a total of 15 seconds in the movie, but it was enough to get me excited when it came ripping around the corner.
Old 6/30/05, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone remember the mustang monthly where there is a man that owns a 70 boss 9 grabber blue....but he said something about a low milage 66 H car in a movie with tom cruise.any1 remember?
Old 6/30/05, 10:29 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Tom Cruise gave Steven Spielberg a '66 Shelby, but not the one from the movie.
Old 6/30/05, 11:47 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
now....i....must....see.....movie......
Old 7/1/05, 04:53 AM
V6 Member

What's stupid is how expensive that car is and how poor Cruise was perceived to be.

Awesome car, yes.

Bad movie, undoubtedly.

Don't get me wrong, the effects were great. Buuuut, from a Spielberg-directed film, I expected more realism and much better dialogue. I just wasn't a fan of this one.

Old 7/1/05, 05:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Let's see; aliens bury highly advanced machines in just the right places: where, thousands of years in the future, huge population centers will be. And, our technology doesn't discover any of these things. Why didn't just take over the earth 'back then?"

However, special effects were very good. Not a see it twice movie.
Old 7/1/05, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The special effects were great, and the ailens looked mean, but the ending really was a letdown. Will I buy it on DVD, maybe if they have alot of extras with the disc, like deleted scenes, etc.. Since I had a free ticket, it wasn't upsetting me that I spent my money for it. I agree it is definitely NOT a see it twice movie.
Old 7/1/05, 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I thought it was good...And I like how the story still seems fresh after all these years. He was one of my favorite writers in High School.
Old 7/1/05, 08:27 AM
Cam Tease

So you get a ford GT AND free movie tickets?
Old 7/1/05, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

And the Mustang 350H had the best darn color combo stripes on it!!! Gold Stripes, gold rocker panel GT350H, and the black Stang !! How bout that 302 sittin in his kitchenm and the other classic stang that 302 was going into sitting in the garage!!! And I thought the movie was excellent . My favorite part was the woody wagon Plymouth Voyager.

Matt
Old 7/1/05, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by future9er24@June 30, 2005, 11:50 PM
now....i....must....see.....movie......
You would pay money to see a mediocre movie just for 15 seconds of a Mustang? Arin, say it ain't so.

I saw the original movie when I was in first grade in Japan. It scared the you know what out of me, even without a male lead with big teeth!
Old 7/1/05, 02:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Is Tom Cruise a big mustang fan? I remember he had that late 60's fastback in "Vanilla Sky." I think it's pretty cool he is showing the classics...gives him some....class. My mental thesaurus isn't working today. Evidently, neither is my spell checker.
Old 7/1/05, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@July 1, 2005, 9:20 AM
And the Mustang 350H had the best darn color combo stripes on it!!! Gold Stripes, gold rocker panel GT350H, and the black Stang !! How bout that 302 sittin in his kitchenm and the other classic stang that 302 was going into sitting in the garage!!! And I thought the movie was excellent . My favorite part was the woody wagon Plymouth Voyager.

Matt
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I love watching your avatar!
Old 7/1/05, 11:37 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by htwag@July 1, 2005, 5:34 AM
Let's see; aliens bury highly advanced machines in just the right places: where, thousands of years in the future, huge population centers will be. And, our technology doesn't discover any of these things. Why didn't just take over the earth 'back then?"

However, special effects were very good. Not a see it twice movie.
Yeah, thats what I kept wondering... ...How on earth did they know that someday NYC would be there? I also asked myself why not take the earth back then. And why is it that all the electronic stuff stopped, even battery powered stuff... ...and someone managed to have a working hand held camera right in the heart of it? And why was it that out of all the people running, that crazy man decided to give shelter to the man and daughter? and also during that scene, why was it that so many unarmed civilians were running TOWARD the battle? Seems to me that youd either run away, or be scared stiff...

...in any case... ...you know that mustang got totaled... ...even if you never saw it happen. Sorry, if I spoiled anything
Old 7/2/05, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

You spoiled nothing for me. At best this movie is a rental when it makes into the stores, but it's probably going to be a "pass" for me. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. I think the only decent movie he's ever made was the one where he played the sports agent, and if I could remember the title I'd tell you. Jerry something.
Old 7/2/05, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought that Toms best movie was 'Top Gun' after that he seemed to flame out!
Old 7/2/05, 08:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

No his best movie was 'Legend'
Old 7/3/05, 03:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MyLittlePony@July 1, 2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, thats what I kept wondering... ...How on earth did they know that someday NYC would be there? I also asked myself why not take the earth back then. And why is it that all the electronic stuff stopped, even battery powered stuff... ...and someone managed to have a working hand held camera right in the heart of it? And why was it that out of all the people running, that crazy man decided to give shelter to the man and daughter? and also during that scene, why was it that so many unarmed civilians were running TOWARD the battle? Seems to me that youd either run away, or be scared stiff...

...in any case... ...you know that mustang got totaled... ...even if you never saw it happen. Sorry, if I spoiled anything
Along with his watch being battery powered......didn't work. However the flash-light was battery powered......did work. I've been told..well it's because the batteries came were put-in "after" the storm.

Also, why didn't the ships decay after a million+ yrs underground?

I liked it.......but then when I saw the ending......I was like then left the theater.

For the record: won't see it twice, won't buy the DVD, probably won't rent it...but found it.....okay.
Old 7/3/05, 04:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"For the record: won't see it twice, won't buy the DVD, probably won't rent it...but found it.....okay. "

Im in total agreement. Enjoyed it but not enough for anything else. My heart did race when he came around the corner sliding in that Mustang.
Then I got bummed out that the EMP took it out.
Old 7/3/05, 11:20 AM

And notice he didn't ask his kid "where is my car" thats the first thing i would have
said, after r you ok of course.....And the comment about how could his character afford that car, by the looks of his kitchen he was doing all the resto himself.

Quick Reply: Anyone see War of the Worlds...