General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

American Muscle wheel return!!!

Old 3/5/13, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Muscle wheel return!!!

So I bought 4 19x9.5 chrome amr wheels on the black friday sale on American Muscle for like $100 less than they normally are. Had to return 2 just recently because I found out that the 9.5's will not fit up front without rubbing at full lock. They refunded me the sale price but charged me the full price on the new 8.5's. So I lost a good bit of money just exchanging wheels, I called them and they said that's how it works and they can't do anything about it. Am I in the wrong here? I feel like I should just get a straight through exchange instead of paying more just to get the smaller wheels?
Old 3/5/13, 11:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I would have bought the new wheels and sold the extra wheels here or on eBay. I know how returns work and usually the buyer gets screwed.
Old 3/5/13, 11:14 AM

So I guess I am just out of luck then, I honestly thought AM would come through like the always do, didn't know I would get screwed like this.
Old 3/5/13, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You bought the wrong wheels on sale over 3 months ago, now you want the same sale to apply to a new purchase and you're bad mouthing AM about it? Did they charge you a restock fee? If not, then they already saved you 15% because returns are supposed to go back within 30 days. Regardless, I'd say you screwed yourself. Better research next time!
Old 3/5/13, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheelman
You bought the wrong wheels on sale over 3 months ago, now you want the same sale to apply to a new purchase and you're bad mouthing AM about it? Did they charge you a restock fee? If not, then they already saved you 15% because returns are supposed to go back within 30 days. Regardless, I'd say you screwed yourself. Better research next time!
Old 3/5/13, 11:38 AM

Well I had no idea that I was only going to get the sale price refunded back to me. I thought they would just do an even exchange. They said nothing over the phone that I was only going to get the sale price back while paying full price for the new wheels. If I would have known that I wouldn't of returned them and just sold them like Getportfolio said. I understand why now but it would have been nice to know I was going to be losing money on the deal
Old 3/5/13, 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
yea and I'm still waiting for a calendar from them.
Old 3/5/13, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I still don't see why you would expect a full price refund on wheels you didn't pay full price for - especially three months after the sale was over.
Old 3/5/13, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 06BlueGT
So I bought 4 19x9.5 chrome amr wheels on the black friday sale on American Muscle for like $100 less than they normally are. Had to return 2 just recently because I found out that the 9.5's will not fit up front without rubbing at full lock. They refunded me the sale price but charged me the full price on the new 8.5's. So I lost a good bit of money just exchanging wheels, I called them and they said that's how it works and they can't do anything about it. Am I in the wrong here? I feel like I should just get a straight through exchange instead of paying more just to get the smaller wheels?
06BlueGT,

I'm really sorry about the headache this has caused you. We can definitely offer you the 8.5's for the same sale price you payed for the 9.5's! Shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll have my lead Customer Service supervisor contact you directly to get the difference credited back to you.

We value every single customer so I'll make sure you're taken care of right away! Hang in there, you'll be enjoying your AMR's in no time.

On a side note. The 9.5's aren't recommended on all four corners of your Mustang, mainly to insure that you don't run into any rubbing issues. We have seen people run that set up and not run into any problems, however just to be sure we don't recommend it. I hope this clears that up!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 3/5/13 at 12:07 PM.
Old 3/5/13, 12:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AM FTW
Old 3/5/13, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman
AM FTW

WOW! This is exactly why I will continue to buy all my parts from AM. What a great company
Old 3/6/13, 11:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There are a lot of Companies, that could learn a few things from AM
Old 3/6/13, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Props foe AM going above and beyond...
Old 3/6/13, 11:42 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by t-fatty
Props foe AM going above and beyond...
Old 3/6/13, 11:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome customer service, AM. Bravo.
Mike B
Old 3/6/13, 01:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
yea and I'm still waiting for a calendar from them.
You & I both
Old 3/6/13, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
That is the right thing for them to do; some of you guys in this thread need to get your heads out of your rear ends and put yourself in the same situation. Glad to see AM step up and make it right! ((Even if it was the power of the internet forum that made it happen since the OP was originally denied this request when he contacted them to make the exchange )).
Old 3/6/13, 03:14 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No offense and not trying to start a argument of any sort.....but no one had their heads up their butt. Pretty sure we are all entitled to our opinions, It is a open forum after all. That having been said I think American Muscle went above and beyond what they needed to do...hence why I buy from them, great customer service. However, if I had been in the same position as the OP, I would not have expected to exchange my rims I bought for a "sale" price and then thought when I returned them I would get the new rims at the same sale price well after the fact.

Either way....a great job by American Muscle
Old 3/6/13, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by BaknBlk
No offense and not trying to start a argument of any sort.....but no one had their heads up their butt. Pretty sure we are all entitled to our opinions, It is a open forum after all.
You certainly are entitled to your opinion just like I am too. Since this issue has need addressed by AM, no need to take it further.

Last edited by tom281; 3/6/13 at 03:37 PM.