General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

American Muscle getting worse

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/11 | 09:55 AM

American Muscle getting worse

I feel that American Muscle does not care about there customers I tried to order a Stack Strut Tower Brace last Nov they would not take my order said not sure when coming in I called almost every week to check in Jan they gave me a date when they were coming in That never happened when they came in I was not notified of it and they sold out again then I was told Feb then was told March 1st that never happened at this time i had a order for this item finally recieved the item around the 3rd week in March well I figured I give them another chance ordered another item told would get it the next day someone in the company instead of shipping it ups so we could track it sent it via US Mail never got it the next day as promised and there is no record with the US mail where it is THAT IS IT I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AMERICAN MUSCLE AGAIN AND I WILL BRING THIS TO MY NEXT MUSTANG CLUB MEETING WITH OVER 200 MEMBERS SO THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU ORDER FROM THEM
Old 3/30/11 | 12:20 PM
Cobra Member

Did you try to contact their customer service department first to see if they can clear things up or help you?
Old 3/30/11 | 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did you use punctuation when you corresponded with them? My guess is that is what caused them to ignore your messages. That is one heck of a run-on sentence!
Old 3/30/11 | 12:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi Iggy welcome to TMS.
Old 3/30/11 | 03:01 PM

spoke to 3 different customer relations supervisors I really did try
Old 3/30/11 | 03:02 PM

I guess when you really get pissed I seem to just run on but I guess you can tell I was really pissed off
Old 3/30/11 | 05:13 PM
Post *****

I absolutely DISAGREE with you.

I ordered FRPP laser etched logo black cam covers. TMS 5% Discount. They were shipped and delivered faster than lightning.

Opened the AM box, opened the FRPP box inside, and some dumb azz at Ford put blem cam covers in the box before they were ever shipped to AM. How much does that Ford guy get paid again??

Called AM - late after regular hours - they answered and they shipped another set out - on the UPS truck - before they even sent me the return label.

I returned the defective product to them as instructed and the new set was good.

American Muscle ROCKS!!
Old 3/30/11 | 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mustang10
I feel that American Muscle does not care about there customers I tried to order a Stack Strut Tower Brace last Nov they would not take my order said not sure when coming in I called almost every week to check in Jan they gave me a date when they were coming in That never happened when they came in I was not notified of it and they sold out again then I was told Feb then was told March 1st that never happened at this time i had a order for this item finally recieved the item around the 3rd week in March well I figured I give them another chance ordered another item told would get it the next day someone in the company instead of shipping it ups so we could track it sent it via US Mail never got it the next day as promised and there is no record with the US mail where it is THAT IS IT I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AMERICAN MUSCLE AGAIN AND I WILL BRING THIS TO MY NEXT MUSTANG CLUB MEETING WITH OVER 200 MEMBERS SO THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU ORDER FROM THEM
Iggy,

I am sorry that you feel we do not care about our customers. We take pride in our award winning customer service, so I'm not happy that you've had this experience with us. The Strut Tower Brace that you ordered was going through a complete redesign and that's why it was unavailable for so long. At any time you could have canceled your order, and I'm hoping that our reps did give you that option. I am going to pull the phone calls and find out, and will make sure that I address any internal problems that I find. I'm sorry that it took so long to receive that item. They're back in-stock and shipping same-day again!

As for your second order, many of our items that weigh less than 1lb. go USPS instead of UPS. That's policy, not just someone deciding to do that. If US Mail lost it (which we have to allow a full week) then we ship a new one out right away and deal with the postal service on our own.

It sounds like two bad experiences, and I understand why you're unhappy. With that being said, we ship alot of Mustang parts every day and have many satisfied customers. I'd like a chance to make it up to you. Feel free to shoot me over an email at chris.rose[at]americanmuscle.com and I'll hook you up!
Old 3/30/11 | 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Fer sure! kinda silly to think a company that sells parts to customers would not care if the customers were happy or not.
Old 3/30/11 | 06:52 PM
Banned

It sounds like pure frustration. You wanted that part so bad, that when you missed your opportunity to get it, your frustration turned into anger. When you couldn't track your part every step of the way into your hands, well that just compounded your anger. You just have to keep in mind that **** happens and nobody does it on purpose.

"I wanna go fast"

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 3/30/11 at 06:53 PM.
Old 4/2/11 | 09:07 AM

Spoke to a person by the name of Chris Rose a manager from American Muscle. He contacted me after reading my post He looked into the 2 problems I had and listened to the phone calls they record all the phone calls and said I was correct and this problem should have not happened He also stated this would be discussed with his people and get corrected I probably will try and use them again if what he said happens
Old 4/2/11 | 10:08 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by mustang10
Spoke to a person by the name of Chris Rose a manager from American Muscle. He contacted me after reading my post He looked into the 2 problems I had and listened to the phone calls they record all the phone calls and said I was correct and this problem should have not happened He also stated this would be discussed with his people and get corrected I probably will try and use them again if what he said happens
Chris is awesome.
I work for him helping with the AM blog.
AmericanMuscle has the best service than any other aftermarket parts company.