Announcements What You Need to Know

Shelby Announces TEAM SHELBY

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/07, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why didn't Shelby just team up with SAAC, they've been carrying his banner for 35 years already, that would have made the most sense. Instead, I read on another forum, he is suing them to get ownership of their registry data that they've compiled.
Old 11/30/07, 05:04 PM

SAAC hasn't been playing well with Shelby. There has been a worldwide change associated with anything Shelby. It sort of is like a revolution that doesn't grandfather in old members. There has been a top to bottom remake of the company. No longer are there loose knit, good buddy only deals. The new Shelby appears more marketable and open to the public with good ethics and chances for participants to enjoy their cars and friendships like the old days.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/brZHpVL-eRc&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1 " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="373" width="425">Derek
Old 11/30/07, 09:07 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Poor little GLH's and Daytona's will be the red-headed stepchildren of Team Shelby. However, I do like those tarted up K-cars . . . .
Old 12/9/07, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I support Carroll and Team Shelby. I do not consider him "money-grubbing" as some do, and understand his decision about SAAC. Fine. I do have questions about membership in Team Shelby, however. For $50 a year, you get:

1. First news of Shelby products. They pay to advertise. Is it worth it to pay to find out about products just a bit sooner?

2. Access to members only portion of web site. People can interact all they want on free forums such as this one. What will be worth paying for on the Team Shelby web site?

3. Official T-shirt. Put those on the web site, and plenty of people will order those anyway.

4. Quarterly publication. Always nice to have, but worth $50? Print info is often out-of-date by publication anyway.

5. Two club decals. See #3.

6. Shelby Key Chain. See #3.

7. Two official membership cards. These get you what? Is there a decoder ring?

8. Shelby Performance Parts Catalog. It's free for the asking, as it should be.

9. Parts discount. Now that's nice, but how much? 5%? 10%?

Again, I support and applaud Carroll and the efforts of Amy Boylan to put this thing together, but I'm not sure why we have to pay $50 to join. I'm already up to my ears in all things Shelby on this website, which is free! The trinkets are nice, and I would probably order some of them anyway, but why charge the dues and toss them in? Lower, or eliminate, the dues, and advertise the trinkets online. More people will participate, and Shelby will probably sell more stuff that way! Thoughts?
Old 12/9/07, 08:20 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got my teamshelby package of goodies.
Goodies Total (my estimate):
T-Shirt with Team Shelby logo: $12
Shelby Poker Chip worth $10 at SPP: $10
Tiffany Cobra Key chain: $2.00
Shelby Magazine: $7 (price listed on it)
2 decals and member cards: $2
So around $33 for the above plus other stuff you mentioned.
I guess it depends on how much you buy at SPP to make up the ~$17 difference in discounts.
Old 12/10/07, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Carroll Shelby responds to SAAC allegations

PRESS RELEASE:
Carroll Shelby, CEO of Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., (CSL) has issued a statement in response to allegations made by the owners of the organization formerly known as the Shelby American Automobile Club.
Old 12/10/07, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

This just sounds like the first of many vollies in what will probably turn into a really ugly battle.

~Mike~
Old 12/11/07, 12:02 PM

That is a pretty shocking read. It is amazing how many opinions about business have been spread around about the Shelby company. It appears to me that the opportunities are only looking up for Shelby and his team now.
Derek
Old 12/11/07, 02:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't have a dog in this fight and have no idea how this is going to end up but there is one thing you can bet on - the legal eagles are going to make some big bucks before this one is over....could drag on for years I think
Old 12/11/07, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Drag on for years? How so? SA has the legal upper hand, and SAAC has nothing to stand on. They've been making money off of Carroll's name for years. What would they have to complain about? No one says that the enthusiasts can't participate in a club, but there will only be one officially recognized one: Team Shelby. I think when people hear the whole story they will be more kindly inclined towards Mr. Shelby, not SAAC.