Announcements What You Need to Know

FORUM PAGE CHANGES

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/23, 06:10 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
FORUM PAGE CHANGES

I Had Noticed Some Differences in the Forum Page and Had Inquired to IB BRANDS THE SITE OWNERS and Here is the Reply!

FYI,

We did in fact make a few changes to TMS's main navigation. Up to this point, as you know, we had two navbars. Many of the links in the secondary navbar were also in the red global navbar (under the site logo). Combining the bars allowed for us to move up content so members and visitors can get to what they want to read quicker. It also just wasn't a good practice for us to have the duplicate links so close together.

One such link that was duplicated on both bars was the Live feed. You can find it in the dropdown menu that appears when you hover over "Tools."

https://themustangsource.com/forums/

I was Lost Without My Live Feed! But Now I'm Found!

Just an FYI Folks If Are Looking For Certain Features!
Old 11/21/23, 04:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
...Just an FYI Folks If Are Looking For Certain Features!
K.C.,
This seems complicated for us old guys?

Anyone can search here or ask you about a specific change?
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (11/23/23)
Old 11/23/23, 07:21 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
^^^ Yeah, as much as I enjoy this site, I like it less with so many 'categories' and so few posts. That's me anyway, and I'm also old and not a fan of changes.
I know and appreciate the hard work involved with maintaining and improving the site but honest feedback should be helpful as well. I'm finding myself 'lost' here.
Old 11/23/23, 08:19 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
I Use Live Feed Which Gives You The Posts of The Last 24 Hours. The One I Described in Post 1

One such link that was duplicated on both bars was the Live feed. You can find it in the dropdown menu that appears when you hover over "Tools."

https://themustangsource.com/forums/

I Don't Know What to Do About the Lack of Posting. We Have Plenty of Guests Viewing But Few Sign Up & Post. As Far as Catagories I Got Rid of A Bunch of Dead Ones Like MOTM & Newsletter Archives Which Were Dead For Years and Some Others. I Have No Plans for Adding Anything Else at This Time.

I Have asked For Suggestions But Rarely get Them. When I Do I Act on Them ASAP. Such as Sibers MCOA Forum and Chorse Asking for a Mach 1 Forum. I Have Tried To Make Things Simpler To Find But Everybody Processes Info Different.

I'm Just A Facilitator. Members Need To Post Content as Well. It's the Members Forums. It's No Easy Task to take Almost 20 Years of Info Which Were Misfiled For Years & Refile Everything to Be Easy to Find and Also get Rid of Dead Topics where the Pictures Have Disappeared or Are Just B/S Etc.

DIRECT LIVE FEED LINK!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...product=vblive

KC
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (11/24/23)
Old 11/24/23, 07:07 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
I don't know why there are so few posters here. It can be very enjoyable sharing everything MUSTANG related. There must be hundreds of thousands of owners in the US/Canada.
I realize that jerks can ruin the site but they are on every car forum, and most forums have 'ignore' features. It really works. I belong to a Challenger forum and having the 'ignore' feature makes the site extremely enjoyable. You deal with the good folks not looking to pick fights or cutting down your car for whatever reason..
One thing I have learned over about two decades on forums, is that the people that say the cars are worthless or cut down people that paid good $$$ for their cars, disappear within 2 years on average. They either drive POS examples, or don't even own one, and want to make everyone else miserable.