Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

They moved my "track times" post

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/06, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They have never moved any else's post like that. This is the only forum I visit at this site. Oh well, didn't seem like many people cared anyway. I'll probably be spending more time over here:
http://american-speed.com/collective/forum...&daysprune=&f=7
Old 2/19/06, 08:17 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showforum=134

We try to keep the forums as clean as possible, and try to direct threads to more appropriate sections, if applicable.
Old 2/19/06, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_Capri @ February 19, 2006, 11:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showforum=134

We try to keep the forums as clean as possible, and try to direct threads to more appropriate sections, if applicable.
[/b][/quote]

Like I said, this is the only forum I frequent at this website. And i doubt that most of the others here would go to the drag racing forum much. It was posted here for my friends to see. And plenty of others have posted their times here and have not had their post moved.
Old 2/19/06, 08:26 AM
Post *****

If a thread is specifc to a certain section it will get moved at some point. And I'm sorry you only visit one forum on this site, there is quite a good bit of information and good people outside of the one forum you visit.
Old 2/19/06, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_Capri @ February 19, 2006, 10:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If a thread is specifc to a certain section it will get moved at some point. And I'm sorry you only visit one forum on this site, there is quite a good bit of information and good people outside of the one forum you visit.
[/b][/quote]

Thats fair enough, I can understand that. However, the source code of this forum software permits moving while providing a pointer in it's place. That way you get the best of both worlds, the thread is located in the track section, while a link to it remains here so all of his freinds here can see it. TMS has always done it this way in the past, at least my appearance thread was moved with a link left behind. Hmmm....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 19, 2006, 12:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thats fair enough, I can understand that. However, the source code of this forum software permits moving while providing a pointer in it's place. That way you get the best of both worlds, the thread is located in the track section, while a link to it remains here so all of his freinds here can see it. TMS has always done it this way in the past, at least my appearance thread was moved with a link left behind. Hmmm....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't do that in this case.
Old 2/19/06, 09:38 AM
Post *****

I'm not sure who moved the thread, but I know we usually try and leave a link.
Old 2/19/06, 09:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_Capri @ February 19, 2006, 11:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm not sure who moved the thread, but I know we usually try and leave a link.
[/b][/quote]

Cool, thanks Evil.
Old 2/19/06, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say track times are very relevant to the '05 V6 tech section... it shows a direct reflection of mod results.

By moving posts (without leaving a link) of long-standing members and valued content contributors in TMS community, moderators just create ill-will. There are certainly other sites to post on.

Many of us, me included, rarely, if ever, check out the other forums - as much as the moderators would love us to do. Moving posts isn't going to get people to explore the rest of the site... it's going to persuade them to move on.

oh... and to keep this relevent to tech... hey, I've heard the SpiralMax will increase the gas mileage, horsepower and torque of my 2005 V6 Mustang. Does anyone have any experience with this miracle device?!
Old 2/19/06, 10:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamidlmt @ February 19, 2006, 12:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'd say track times are very relevant to the '05 V6 tech section... it shows a direct reflection of mod results.

By moving posts (without leaving a link) of long-standing members and valued content contributors in TMS community, moderators just create ill-will. There are certainly other sites to post on.

Many of us, me included, rarely, if ever, check out the other forums - as much as the moderators would love us to do. Moving posts isn't going to get people to explore the rest of the site... it's going to persuade them to move on.

oh... and to keep this relevent to tech... hey, I've heard the SpiralMax will increase the gas mileage, horsepower and torque of my 2005 V6 Mustang. Does anyone have any experience with this miracle device?!
[/b][/quote]

Well, they have always leaved a link behind before. This may have been done in error, Evil said a link is usually left behind.
Old 2/19/06, 10:13 AM
GT Member

I think the link you guys are talking about is like 6 threads below the top... nice times by the way!
Old 2/19/06, 10:15 AM
Post *****

I moved the post back, and re-linked it to the Drag Racing Section. I'm sorry individuals choose not to explorer other threads/sections as they relate to your particular vehicle, but with so many posts and so many members we will continue to move threads to their appropriate sections. The moving of threads isn't done to check out other forums, it's done for better organization more than anything else.
Old 2/19/06, 10:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_Capri @ February 19, 2006, 1:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I moved the post back, and re-linked it to the Drag Racing Section. I'm sorry individuals choose not to explorer other threads/sections as they relate to your particular vehicle, but with so many posts and so many members we will continue to move threads to their appropriate sections. The moving of threads isn't done to check out other forums, it's done for better organization more than anything else.
[/b][/quote]

Ok, thanks. You can delete this whole thread if you'd like.
Old 2/19/06, 11:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure what your issue is here. You posted track times and we have a "Drag Racing" section for these times. All posts we have come across that are regarding posting times at the track have been and will continue to be moved to the Drag Racing section.

As for the link missing....well, I was asked to stop leaving links for awhile, especially for topics that were moved to well, a more "obvious" location.

Speaking of moving...this one is off to the "Feedback section".
Old 2/19/06, 11:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ February 19, 2006, 1:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am not sure what your issue is here. You posted track times and we have a "Drag Racing" section for these times. All posts we have come across that are regarding posting times at the track have been and will continue to be moved to the Drag Racing section.

As for the link missing....well, I was asked to stop leaving links for awhile, especially for topics that were moved to well, a more "obvious" location.

Speaking of moving...this one is off to the "Feedback section".
[/b][/quote]

If you read my posts in this thread, you'd know what my issue is. Oh well, do what you want.
Old 2/19/06, 11:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If I can interject as a more or less impartial observer (I run a non-car hobby board with a couple thousand members). I agree there's a need to keep things organized, but the staff has to take into consideration that a post simply "disappearing" after someone has taken the time to compose it, is going to cause hard feelings. A link to the new location, unless it was a totally innapropriate posting saves a lot of grief all around.
Old 2/19/06, 11:30 AM
GT Member

A link should ALWAYS be left , as our friend mentioned some of us dont have either the time or interest to browse through the rest of the site. Thank You
Old 2/19/06, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey! They moved the They moved my "track times" post! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 06:58 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, well I guess I will go back to leaving links, but as you will notice, I will treat them the same as the main forum. Links stay until they have left the main page. Then it is time to clean house. I'm not sure why you feel you are being treated different because that is not the case. As I have stated, any other posts I have seen regarding track times I have moved to the Drag Racing section, and yes, I read your original topic and the ones you have posted here.
Old 2/19/06, 09:37 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Can't please everyone. Im sure the same will happen when I close this thread cause its pretty much done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Some gripe and complain about no moved links.. some the same about having moved links. Some want all post regardless in one forum, some want it broken out into sub-forums for easier navigation.

Thanks and have a good evening.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/closed.gif[/img]