Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Sendero is out of control

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/08, 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sendero is out of control

Sendero is out of control.

First the infamous Faber issue. All (or most) of the threads related to this issue, and any criticism of this guy, have "vanished."

Now he is manipulating my posts to add comments and give the appearance that I am starting threads not started (refer to the thread titled "Black Helicopters and tin foil hats" in the for sale section.

The thread gives the appearance that I started it with this idiotic title, and makes no mention that the thread's entire existence, and title, are the sole creation and derivative of this guy's ego and megamaniacal desire to exert complete control over whatever is posted...

This schmo is seriously degrading the TMS experience and inappropriately using his editing powers to manipulate threads.

Old 5/23/08, 09:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I really think his actions should be reviewed by someone. Who can hear this appeal, or will they before it is wiped from existence?

I've noticed a deep and cynical sarcasm since the Faber incident with Sendero and I don't like it.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/23/08 at 10:35 PM.
Old 5/23/08, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good to know I am not the only one (I'm not paranoid, they are really out to get me...)
Old 5/23/08, 09:58 PM
Post *****

I think my name just got added to some kind of Sendero watch list, but not to worry this will all be wiped from everyones memory.
Old 5/23/08, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the proper term is hit list...
Old 5/23/08, 10:34 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't worry bro, I'm sure I'm pretty high on the list too. I PM'd Brad about the issue but never got any response. I'm guessing Sendero's web services must be what keeps him around.

Edit: I take that back, the thread got deleted, so maybe Brad was responsible for that. (not the first Faber for sale thread that got deleted, nor the second one where someone asked what happened to him - also deleted, nor the thread where he apologized that got locked, but I think Brad or someone deleted the thread what put me on Sendero's list. )

Oh, and all the above references to 'deleted' actually mean 'archived'.

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 5/23/08 at 10:50 PM.
Old 5/23/08, 10:36 PM
Post *****

True. You're not only high on the list next to Faber you are the vice president!
Old 5/23/08, 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

WTF is going on around here

I thought this site was above this kind of editing BS
Old 5/23/08, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seriously, he can post whatever BS he wants and come at me or anyone else as hard as he pleases (I'm pretty sure I can hold my own in whatever jousting BS he tries to pull), but I have a problem with the manipulation of the threads, making threads and posts vanish (sorry, archive) and no amnipulating threads to make it appear as though I have posted things which I have not, or started threads which I have not.

This kind of kaka has never happened on this site before and should not be tolerated now, web services or not. Once TMS acquiesces in this kind of BS, its a short trip to being like everyother forum wth all the other antagonistic BS that comes with them....

Last edited by Boomer; 5/24/08 at 10:43 PM.
Old 5/23/08, 10:50 PM
Post *****

I saw the tinfoil hat thing and went to the thread and it was weird like it did not match the first post. I had no idea until you started this thread as to what happened.
Old 5/23/08, 11:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's part of my point, it is very misleading what is being done...
Old 5/24/08, 12:04 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Acctually that topic was a split topic off the origional, which means basically nathan took all the non-topic related post and split them out so the origional thread wouldnt be cluttered with the crap that you see in that thread. He even included his own post, so he wasnt singling people out. Since you think its misleading, ill get rid of it for you. Oh wait, you'll complain about that as well. **** I can't win with you guys. (that last part was sarcasm)

You guys are just trying to stir up crap and keep things going and quite frankly if I wasnt as patient as I am, I would have already acted on the advice from the multiple PM's I have received from various members here and banned instigating parties. It would acctually save me some headache, as I wouldnt have been sitting here at 1am on the first day of my vacation typing about how ignorant this all is.

Yes I said multiple people have sent me PM's saying we should just ban you for keeping this stuff going as its not doing anything but causing unwarrented drama.

We were done with the Faber stuff, he admitted his mistakes, so did SVOPaul and Sendero. At that point it was done and all was good, but some have to get the last word in.

Dang it I am tired and I am rambling now and lost my train of thought. I am asking you guys one last time, to stop it. Your not going to get a response from Sendero or any of the staff in this, I am the only staff member that will respond in this thread and I sincerely hope anyone who wishes will at least have the decency to PM me directly to continue this further and not keep trying to create drama like has been done now multiple times. Hell my long distance bill is going to kill me already from all of this.

Have a good night.
Old 5/24/08, 07:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay I ususally stay out of these things but if people are bothered by others there is an option to ignore posts by a member. I will say the foil topic is confusing as it was left after being split. It should be archived/deleted/whitewashed/whatever since it serves no purpose in the parts forsale section.

My

-Deric
Old 5/24/08, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

I agree with the fact that the helicopters and tinfoil hats thing was misleading at the least. Seeing a post seemingly started by Futuresvt, titled "Black helicopters and Tinfoil Hats" is misleading. He didn't start that thread and it should not be portrayed that way, no matter how or why it got that way.
Old 5/24/08, 01:14 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I do agree with you to a point, but the fact is, teh first offtopic post that was removed from the thread was started by futuresvt, so timestamped, its the first post of all the ones to be cut. Sorry but theres no way around it.
Old 5/24/08, 02:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
the deal with the For sale section that I can agree with mods on:

EVERY WEEK- it seems someone dosnt read the bump rule and gets called out on it...I never buy or sell or really go to the marketplace, but I always see the threads about people bumping.

what i cant understand:
No one else is paying attention when this happens? the Faber incident was like the 100th time this had happened...if he had been paying attention at all, (to the past offenses of others, or to the "READ THIS" thread,) it could have been avioded.

I am getting really sick of all of this happening...(the people getting called out on bumps)...and I dont even have to worry about cleaning it up like the mods do. Its getting old, and I can understand the mods patience getting really thin...that being said..they have to resist "the red button" when its been a bad day, becuase someone that just accidently finds themselves in a sitution where they didnt follow the rules becuase of ignorance could be jumped on...Faber kinda copped an attitutde...

I am very much of a "cant everybodyt just get along?" kind of guy...and I hate to see all of this happening....the name calling..the never ending arguments of He said, she said..."power trips" and people with 500 some posts thinking they own the place..i think it may be time to let it all go, cause if we dont..this will go on forever.....

Last edited by codeman94; 5/24/08 at 04:17 PM.
Old 5/24/08, 05:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Acctually that topic was a split topic off the origional, which means basically nathan took all the non-topic related post and split them out so the origional thread wouldnt be cluttered with the crap that you see in that thread. He even included his own post, so he wasnt singling people out. Since you think its misleading, ill get rid of it for you. Oh wait, you'll complain about that as well. **** I can't win with you guys. (that last part was sarcasm)

You guys are just trying to stir up crap and keep things going and quite frankly if I wasnt as patient as I am, I would have already acted on the advice from the multiple PM's I have received from various members here and banned instigating parties. It would acctually save me some headache, as I wouldnt have been sitting here at 1am on the first day of my vacation typing about how ignorant this all is.

Yes I said multiple people have sent me PM's saying we should just ban you for keeping this stuff going as its not doing anything but causing unwarrented drama.

We were done with the Faber stuff, he admitted his mistakes, so did SVOPaul and Sendero. At that point it was done and all was good, but some have to get the last word in.

Dang it I am tired and I am rambling now and lost my train of thought. I am asking you guys one last time, to stop it. Your not going to get a response from Sendero or any of the staff in this, I am the only staff member that will respond in this thread and I sincerely hope anyone who wishes will at least have the decency to PM me directly to continue this further and not keep trying to create drama like has been done now multiple times. Hell my long distance bill is going to kill me already from all of this.

Have a good night.
It is almost like Daycare Scott!!
Old 5/24/08, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not trying to stir anything up. The Faber thing is at best ancilliary at this point. My point is simply that there are a few mods who seem to be trigger happy and at least "appear" to be abusing their power to the detriment of others' TMS experience (not to mention misleading). It is continuing and continuing and nothing appears to be being done about it except acquiescence. You note, Scott, that there was some admission of mistakes by this guy, but I've not seen it. Maybe I missed it but that would go a long way for me.

I guess I am in the minority here and no one else cares what happens. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and being involved in this forum for 3.5 years, even if I'm not a post ***** or don't feel compelled to interject in every thread to accumulate 3000+ posts

If it has come to banning people (apparently me) for expressing dissent or displeasure at the conduct of the people with the power to unilaterally manipulate and/or control what is or is not seen or experienced by the members (the whole **** point of a forum), then I guess this is not the place for someone to express an opinion other than you guys are great and I love your car.

Last edited by futuresvt; 5/24/08 at 07:55 PM.
Old 5/24/08, 10:01 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

You say you are not trying to stir anything up but look at the very first sentence in the very first post of this thread. If thats not trying to start something, or escalate some agenda you may have, please inform as to what the hell it is.

It was ackownledged that thier tone over the course of hte faber threads went down hill and shouldnt have. But I understand completely why it did, because when are constantly pushed, eventually you are going to be done taking it and eventually start pushing back. The movie "falling down" somewhat describes the feeling, just not on such a grand scale.

If they seem trigger happy, it is this constant barrage of things that would push us to this point. They performed actions that adhered to the rules in place (and well within our right mind you) so, im sorry, nothing is going to be done to them. I know that is what you are wanting. Hopefully me telling you that will end this, but I doubt it will.

Your not going to be banned, unless you peform actions on this forum that warrent it. You are not the first and I am sure you won't be the last to express your concerns and beliefs on how the forum should be run. Hell there are plenty who have gone through things like this, and they are still around as prominate members of this site.

I will ensure you that it is taken to thought and 99% of the time, we are able to adjust our procedures where they may be flawed. Its not a night and day change however.

Also thank you for not showing me at least the slightest respect.
Old 5/24/08, 10:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tacbear
It is almost like Daycare Scott!!
Yea there are some days we've just gotta humor you mods!!!

Quick Reply: Sendero is out of control