Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Recommendation for Brad!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/07, 11:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendation for Brad!!!!!

I too like many others I am sure would like to see the advertisers here have there own space to advertise what they want to sell etc just like ford oem parts, give them each a heading. I dont like the idea of every topic being taken over by the advertisers here. I do appreciate there discounts etc. But this is supposed to be a forum first is it not. There are way too many ads going on here. If they each have there own sticky areas, they can advertise etc, and and possibly revolving banners to read at headings, but for people that want to read about there stuff they can go and read it. Just my two cents. Lets get back to helping each other with mods etc. Let the advertisers have there own area. If we post something or recommendations I dont mind advertisers chiming in and giving advice or taking some ideas for new products, but to just keep adding prices and offers gets old too look at. Thanks for reading.

Please chime in if you agree or disagree. Thank you
Old 3/9/07, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

This site is awesome about not letting the ads get in the way. I think it's great how it is.
Old 3/10/07, 12:06 AM
Former Vendor

I know that myself included, we try and post as much tech info as possible. For every thread that we may have offering a product, you'll see many posts just bull****ting with people, or offering advice without solicitation. There are some forums out that are just all advertisements, as to the 10-15% advertisements you see here. I like this one because the group of guys on here know their stuff, and can do it modestly.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/10/07, 12:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think there is a saying about elephants that may be particularly apropos...

Old 3/10/07, 12:21 AM
Cobra R Member

comments from non advertiser please. You are one of the reasons i posted this tillman, I agree with mongoose, every time i open up this site now, almost every topic says tillman speed. We all know your here, dont need to flood the site with this is on sale this week get it now while its hot type adds. I appreciate your input on items, that is fine that is why this is a forum, but bmr this, whipple this, sound of speed that, american racing, yada yada yada,yah there always on sale everywhere. I would like to read some topics about modding not just advertising that is what banners and giving links to your website should be for. Like I said nothing against you, but its getting out of hand. That is why I suggest your own sticky area, just like are kc ford oem parts guy has. He is not here in the forum area advertising every part he can get you a deal on. His reputation speaks for itself, If you need something you contact him and get price sheets etc. Not pm me for this, pm me for that, this is on sale this wednesday, you see where I am going. Like stated this is a recommendation for brad. I would like the opinions of regular members not those of advertisers which is what this is all about. Yes we know are stuff and I am glad you like the people here. There a great bunch of people. But lets keep it a forum not a newspaper ad for this weeks specials. There should be dedicated areas for your advertising, just like the banners. Thanks.

P.S. Oh yah 1066 posts since january 07, I have been a member here since dec 04 and have posted 1551 times and I post a lot, so would just love to read some articles about modding etc. without seeeing every post listed as tillman speed, and what deals your offering/group buys for a limited time. If you are a good salesman you dont have to have good buys for a week, you have them all the time, you still make money but you sell a lot more stuff, just my 2 cents, no disrespect just would be nice not to see tillman speed on every article and offering deals/pm me this, pm me that. good luck
Old 3/10/07, 12:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
comments from non advertiser please. You are one of the reasons i posted this tillman, I agree with mongoose, every time i open up this site now, almost every topic says tillman speed. We all know your here, dont need to flood the site with this is on sale this week get it now while its hot type adds. I appreciate your input on items, that is fine that is why this is a forum, but bmr this, whipple this, sound of speed that, american racing, yada yada yada,yah there always on sale everywhere. I would like to read some topics about modding not just advertising that is what banners and giving links to your website should be for. Like I said nothing against you, but its getting out of hand. That is why I suggest your own sticky area, just like are kc ford oem parts guy has. He is not here in the forum area advertising every part he can get you a deal on. His reputation speaks for itself, If you need something you contact him and get price sheets etc. Not pm me for this, pm me for that, this is on sale this wednesday, you see where I am going. Like stated this is a recommendation for brad. I would like the opinions of regular members not those of advertisers which is what this is all about. Yes we know are stuff and I am glad you like the people here. There a great bunch of people. But lets keep it a forum not a newspaper ad for this weeks specials. There should be dedicated areas for your advertising, just like the banners. Thanks.

P.S. Oh yah 1066 posts since january 07, I have been a member here since dec 04 and have posted 1551 times and I post a lot, so would just love to read some articles about modding etc. without seeeing every post listed as tillman speed, and what deals your offering/group buys for a limited time. If you are a good salesman you dont have to have good buys for a week, you have them all the time, you still make money but you sell a lot more stuff, just my 2 cents, no disrespect just would be nice not to see tillman speed on every article and offering deals/pm me this, pm me that. good luck
Well put. I agree a 100% that "Tillman" does go a little overboard with his advertising. I know he pays for that privelege but it does get annoying to the rest of us when your trying to sell something in everythread. With that said I hope this doesn't turn into a Tillman flaming thread.
Old 3/10/07, 12:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
If advertizers are only in a specific section what if nobody would then choose not to visit said area ? Its at the top of the page and Not In Our face so to speak so I like how things go here on the most part , now just say if some of said advertizers have to pay for that , well you can Bet that some of that will go to maintaining this web site. and I'm all for that, as you will notice that at anytime that YOU sign in that you will notice that the guests by far outwiegh the members count, which resenlt may have been a cause of this slow up plage we have been through.
I think It's all Good the way it is for now, but times and things do & will change.

Like a movie rental if I don't like it I will not rent it My choice so if I don't like an add I will ignor it or if unacceptable report my concern.
Old 3/10/07, 01:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
I too like many others I am sure would like to see the advertisers here have there own space to advertise what they want to sell etc just like ford oem parts, give them each a heading. I dont like the idea of every topic being taken over by the advertisers here. I do appreciate there discounts etc. But this is supposed to be a forum first is it not. There are way too many ads going on here. If they each have there own sticky areas, they can advertise etc, and and possibly revolving banners to read at headings, but for people that want to read about there stuff they can go and read it. Just my two cents. Lets get back to helping each other with mods etc. Let the advertisers have there own area. If we post something or recommendations I dont mind advertisers chiming in and giving advice or taking some ideas for new products, but to just keep adding prices and offers gets old too look at. Thanks for reading.

Please chime in if you agree or disagree. Thank you
I agree. Let advertisements go into a Vendor forum. Having us bombarded with great deals, which they are, in almost every thread is getting old real fast. If the tech outweighed the ads, that may be more palletable, but it's not even close.

And CR...no offense, but your pushing the business a bit hard in the tech threads. Separate threads for specials is good since they can be ignored if not looking for that, but having them within threads is the issue. I have to agree with sodaman on that. Not tying to flame so hope it doesn't go that way, just offering constructive criticism.
Old 3/10/07, 01:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Well if your interested in buying some stuff you would look for it wouldnt you. I know when I am looking for stuff I look all over, I dont know about you but I mod my car weekly,LOL. I know its a sickness, but with that in mind I do shop for the best price and customer service. I have met some great salesman and dealers on here with great prices. But there is some tact with doing so. Like I said I dont mislike tillman or want to start any flaming of any kind. Just would like to read articles about great mods, and where you got a great deal on parts, but that can be said by most forum members, When I want something I go looking for it and cost is an issue when you are addicted to this stuff. So I dont see why there cant be stickys at the top of the performance area for perfomance type sales, etc. etc. I doubt its really hard to do and please everyone. Thank you for the comments, thats all this is , is a topic to see how people feel about things. I love this site, and brad does a great job of hosting it. I know it takes money advertising to get it all done and not have it crash everyday. But at what point does it lose its appeal, for me its when all i read is advertising different specials. I want to read good articles, and how too's cool pics etc. Thanks again for the input.
Old 3/10/07, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

wrong forum!

Old 3/10/07, 04:23 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to 'Testing/Feedback', but I'll leave a link for a day . . .
Old 3/10/07, 05:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I agree with some of the above comments........ It just does get overwhelming at times.
Old 3/10/07, 05:30 AM
Post *****

One can always use the "ignore" feature and not be bothered (read/see) by others posts. That way those who don't like the posts won't see them, and those who do will.
Old 3/10/07, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

If I had my own business I would do the same thing as Tillman. I remember some other businesses that used to do the same thing on here, and look how big they are now. He is just trying to make a name for himself. He does offer a lot of help on here, so what's wrong with a little advertising for his business??
Old 3/10/07, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
I like tillman and his sales and the fact that he is here. Also its nice when you buy some thing, you know where to find the guy you bought from. I see the link in his sig and know of his sales and service. So if he offers advice with out a sales pitch in his posts I can follow the link in his sig. So please tillman please keep giving the advice and we know your number. A few sites I visit have banners at the top of the page while others have banners and a venders area. This site has the banner and a button to see all adds. I think that works pretty well. I also like the vendors area for weekly/monthly sales. TMS ROCKS
Old 3/10/07, 07:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 3/10/07, 07:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by scramblr
I agree. Let advertisements go into a Vendor forum. Having us bombarded with great deals, which they are, in almost every thread is getting old real fast. If the tech outweighed the ads, that may be more palletable, but it's not even close.

And CR...no offense, but your pushing the business a bit hard in the tech threads. Separate threads for specials is good since they can be ignored if not looking for that, but having them within threads is the issue. I have to agree with sodaman on that. Not tying to flame so hope it doesn't go that way, just offering constructive criticism.
This year it is CR.
Last year it was JR.
I think if what they say is actually "how to or tech info" it is okay.
If it is really just an ad it should be Parts Specials and they can bump it all they want to show up in the new posts.
Old 3/10/07, 11:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
One can always use the "ignore" feature and not be bothered (read/see) by others posts. That way those who don't like the posts won't see them, and those who do will.
It went over you head or you just completely ignored what people are asking. Maybe you should be replaced also. This forum is nothing without the readers so go ahead with that chain of thought and you and Tillman may very well be the only two left.
Old 3/10/07, 01:54 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Mongoose
It went over you head or you just completely ignored what people are asking. Maybe you should be replaced also. This forum is nothing without the readers so go ahead with that chain of thought and you and Tillman may very well be the only two left.

Please enlighten me further regarding my "chain of thought". . . . .

I simple stated there was an "ignore" feature for those that have issue with this subject matter or any other subject. It is an option, or choice for those not wanting to read/see certain text by certain people. I have no issue either way, and it is not my call regarding the advertisers. I wasn't trying to ignore sodaman's initial question as I have no answer to his questions.

And if you think I should be replaced because I offered a suggestion I assume you know whom to forward such a request. All I ask is if you would "cc" me as well . . . . .
Old 3/10/07, 04:35 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mongoose,

All Evil Capri was suggesting, was that there is this "ignore feature" where you can filter out posts from certain members.

He was trying to be helpful and give an alternative.
Attached Thumbnails Recommendation for Brad!!!!!-ignore-feature.jpg  

Quick Reply: Recommendation for Brad!!!!!