Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

I dont care for the redesigning of the forum

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/05, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO its harder to find a what your looking for and I am left confused. I thought the way the forum was before was great. The other problem is that with the increase of different sections its going to be hard to know which one is the right one to post and then you want be able to find a topic you liked or created. The other thing is 20-30 topics are being moved everyday so again its almost imposible to find it after a few hours. I know you can sign up for email notifications which I did one and was bombed with 30 emails a day because other had replied. I end up turning that thing off.

IMO to fix something thats not broken. Maybe I just dont like change....who knows.

P.S. Sorry...Double posted. I dont know where to post this.
Old 5/20/05, 08:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't notice much difference now. The only new section is 'other mods' that I've noticed. With the links to the subforums on the main page it doesn't bother me at all. You know you can click on the words 'exterior mods, interior and audio mods, etc' and it'll take you directly to the subforum... right?
Old 5/20/05, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok I must really be sleep deprived these days because I haven't noticed any change. What's so different that it makes the site so much more difficult?
Old 5/20/05, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I kind of agree, its not confusing really, but it is redundant to have V6 and GT Performance sections and then subforum links to those same sections from the Modifications section. IMHO things should look like this...

V6 Performance
GT Performance
High Performance --> Grand Am
Exterior Mods
Interior Mods
Parts Specials
Photos of Yours
Old 5/20/05, 08:53 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The only thing removed was The Rumor Mill.

The Shelby Cobra GT500 forum was combined with the Tuners forum to make one section dedicated to High-Performance 2005+ Mustangs by SVT, Shelby, Saleen, Roush, etc. The FR500C is not there because it isn't a "mainstream" vehicle meant for public purchase. A new forum for the 2005 Mustang FR500C Grand-Am Cup Racing program was added, and is a redirect to a subforum under Ford & Mustang Motorsports.

The forums for V6 and GT Performance Mods are links to the respective Tech & Performance sections because the two subjects are so closely related.

A new section was added for "Other Mods," which is for those that do not affect the exterior appearance of the car or the cabin--engine dress-up modifications are a good example of what should go there.

It all seems pretty intuitive to me, but that may just be because I set it up. I'm certainly willing to consider other organization ideas you may have. And remember, if you can't find it, search.
Old 5/21/05, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

The search button is way up in the top right hand corner.
Old 5/22/05, 02:10 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by hispony@May 21, 2005, 8:29 AM
The search button is way up in the top right hand corner.
Yes, the search button is in the upper right corner of the each page... Do you think it needs to be in a different place?
Old 5/22/05, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have the search button moved and higlighted in a bold red, so it's more noticeable???

Matt
Old 5/22/05, 04:41 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
when you are on an internet forum, there is a certain amount of "Assumed Knowledge" in so far as every forum has a search function.......
Old 6/3/05, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 20, 2005, 8:19 PM
IMO its harder to find a what your looking for and I am left confused. I thought the way the forum was before was great. The other problem is that with the increase of different sections its going to be hard to know which one is the right one to post and then you want be able to find a topic you liked or created. The other thing is 20-30 topics are being moved everyday so again its almost imposible to find it after a few hours. I know you can sign up for email notifications which I did one and was bombed with 30 emails a day because other had replied. I end up turning that thing off.

IMO to fix something thats not broken. Maybe I just dont like change....who knows.

P.S. Sorry...Double posted. I dont know where to post this.
I hear what you're saying

And it's not just a matter of trying to find something...

I'm sure few members visit every branch of the TMS tree, so that leaves (pardon the pun) the door open to missing out on some great threads.

I missed out on a great thread relating to the IRS vs SRA (a topic I'm pationate about) debate on the forthcoming Shelby, because I don't normally go to the 'High Performance Mustangs' section. By the time I did see the thread, it was 5+ pages long...at which point it's hard to jump in.
Old 6/3/05, 10:31 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
It pays to be attentive . . . .