Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Forums and Sub-Forums

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/06, 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Forums and Sub-Forums

The forums and sub-forums are getting unorganized.

Please consider my suggestion, i've thought about this for a while and it would really organize it and make it much more cleaner. (but not too organized)

Also consider putting the following under a subforum called "Modifications": Performance, Appearance/Styling, and Entertainment or In-Car Entertainment or Audio/Video.

Project Source Horse (act as forum)

->Sponsors (redirect to your sponsors page)
->Modifications (redirect to your modifications list)
->Pictures (redirect to your pictures)

Member's Cars (act as forum)

->By Color

Performance (act as category)

->GT (act as category)

-->Powertrain
-->Drivetrain
-->Handling

->V6 (act as category)

-->Powertrain
-->Drivetrain
-->Handling

Appearance/Styling (act as forum)

->Exterior
->Interior

Entertainment or Audio/Video or In-Car Entertainment (act as forum)

->Audio
->Video

Special Edition & High Performance 2005+ Mustangs (act as category)

Same sub-forums

Repairs/Problems/TSBs (act as forum)

-> TSBs (redirect to TSBs for the 2005+ Ford Mustangs http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr.../tsbsearch.cfm )
Old 10/28/06, 09:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with most of that. Especially combining exterior and interior under one Appearance/Styling forum, but to also include what used to be called Other. Having a seperate Audio section would really help that out too. Make it a sub-forum of Appearance/Stying.

I would definitely get rid of By Color. Especially since the "My New Car's Here!" section has been put into 2005-2009 Mustang. (I forgot what it used to be called since I never went over there.) Member's Rides should also be incorporated into 2005-2009 Mustang, IMO.

Also, since there's so little traffic in the sub-forums of Special Edition & High Performance 2005+ Mustangs I'd combine all those sub-forums together. I'm interested in all the 05+ Mustangs, but I'm not going to search through SEVEN () different subforums to find out what's new.
I'd also leave Repairs/Problems in 2005-5009 Mustang like it is now. Just leave the sticky for TSB's.

Speaking of stickies. Why are there stickies for 1/4 mile times and dyno numbers in the general section? Shouldn't they be in Performance?

So here's how I would do it.

2005-2009 Mustang

General

Performance Mods
- GT (subforum)
- V6 (subforum)

Appearance Mods (includes exterior and interior together)
- Audio (subforum)

Special Editions (of course they're '05+ Mustangs. It's in the 2005-2009 Mustang forum. )
(no subforums)

Project Source Horse (leave it as it is)

That has a lot less sections and subforums making it easier to navigate and, IMO, people will get a lot more usefulness from TMS. That's seven compared to 26!!!

One last thing. Is there anyway to enable "Copy" when you right click while you're typing a post? That is SOOO annoying!
Attached Thumbnails Forums and Sub-Forums-untitled.jpg  
Old 10/29/06, 07:45 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One last thing. Is there anyway to enable "Copy" when you right click while you're typing a post? That is SOOO annoying!

Change to the "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls" by clicking here and scrolling to the bottom. Look for Message Editor Interface and make the change. Now his save!
Old 10/29/06, 07:48 PM

Thanks!
Old 10/30/06, 08:42 AM

One other thing I think would help is to start moving the threads to Regional more often. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a thread in the general section that should be in the Regional section and then it keeps getting refeshed from new posts and stays in the general section for several days.

Any thread asking about where to have work done on their car locally should be in a regional forum. Also any local caravans, cruises, or local type shows. Something national such as SEMA or a national Mustang show are execptions. Also, posting pics of the show after the fact should stay in the general section.
Old 11/1/06, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can you guys edit the paint color subforums for 2005-2009 Mustangs and just put the paint code in parentheses. Like "Vista Blue (paint code)".
Old 11/2/06, 08:32 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Yeah I can do that Brandon.

Guys on the rest of the suggestions, Galaxie and I are still looking at it and how we can make it better. We are keeping your ideas in mind and will be probably asking for input shortly (not today).
Old 11/2/06, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Yeah I can do that Brandon.

Guys on the rest of the suggestions, Galaxie and I are still looking at it and how we can make it better. We are keeping your ideas in mind and will be probably asking for input shortly (not today).
Thanks Scott. BTW, you can go here for all of the paint codes: http://www.midwestautogear.com/index...d=46&Itemid=94
Old 11/2/06, 08:55 AM

Thanks, Scott. I know you guys have really been trying to inprove things lately.
Old 11/2/06, 10:00 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Thanks for the paint code list. I was acctually waiting on Kevin (05stangkc) to get me a list of them, but either way works
Old 11/29/06, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bump, just wondering if there was an update.
Old 11/29/06, 06:46 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Nothing lately. The next few months are my busy time at work so I am going to try and fit some stuff in when I can, but its completely random right now