Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Forum Brutality?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/12, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forum Brutality?

I wasn't really sure where the proper place to post this thread would be, so feel free to move it for me....

I understand that public forums are just that, public, but why is there always such a large number of just plain asshats that have to come in and stir up trouble? Some people (like myself) get on here to read up on new innovations fie mustangs, and to see what other people are doing with their cars. There are many times that I don't like what I see on a car, I generally let the person know, with a very nice comment followed by 'to each their own', or something along those lines. I've never understood the reasoning behind blatant, brutally rude comments about stuff. I'm on a bit of a rant, but I'm hoping those of you taking the time to read this understand what I'm talking about. I feel that there is just a plain lack of civility in today's society, and though it is in my generation that so much has changed predominately in the technology department, it's just plain saddening. Just because we are online, not face to face, what is the need for such animosity, and straight hatred?

(I'm positive that at some point you've been told the all so amazing saying, "if you don't have anything nice, don't say anything at all.")

I don't know, I guess I just need to accept the cruel jabs in life. Just thought I'd share my thoughts during my drive to work this morning.

Last edited by youngstang90; 8/5/12 at 09:32 AM.
Old 8/5/12, 09:34 AM
Banned

Some ppl are keyboard tough guys.
Old 8/5/12, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by deadsp0t
I like that.
Old 8/5/12, 09:38 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some people are d-bags. When they post crap like that, they're just letting everyone know just how much of a d-bag they are. I don't take that crap personally- they're making themselves look ridiculous, not me.
Old 8/5/12, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Some people are d-bags. When they post crap like that, they're just letting everyone know just how much of a d-bag they are. I don't take that crap personally- they're making themselves look ridiculous, not me.
I guess it makes for a nice occasional laugh.
Old 8/5/12, 09:44 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
What he said ^^^ Theres always gonna be someone janky crying or *****ing about something they dont have. Don't let the CRAP get to you. It should be a golden rule.

happens then then this is me IDGAF!!
Old 8/5/12, 09:46 AM
Banned

Lots ppl end up pooling in places that allow said behavior because they've been banned from places that don't allow it. Yes, there are places that do not allow it.
Old 8/5/12, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the internet. People can hide behind the keyboard and feel a public forum is a place they can express themselves in any way they want. I would bet that in the real world that most are not as disrespectful, note I said most. This is something you nor I or anyone else can completely control. The moderators of this or any other forum only can curve the way a thread goes with locks or deletes. Chock it up to dealing with the internet and never take to heart what you see or read. You have to police your mind and weed out the BS. Its always going to be and its up to you how you deal with it.
Old 8/5/12, 09:53 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Is brutally honest the same as insulting? I can never tell.
Old 8/5/12, 10:21 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
all due respect

I did not know saying
'to each their own'
was a cure all.

you are going to get strong feelings when ever you get a group of people together that have passion for something. Remember this is a enthusiast forum no a PTA meeting. We are not hand out everyone wins trophies. Please do not act like you never meet rude pain in the butts in face to face real life.

blatant
really means honest and not sugar coated.. since sugar coating is a sin in my book. But that doesnt mean peolpe shouldnt use some tact.

"if you don't have anything nice, don't say anything at all.")
then why do we have forums?? just a fun place to pat each other on the back?
Old 8/5/12, 10:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The rule of thumb I go by is that I won't post something on a thread that I would not say to someone face to face. Another would be if you want respect give respect. There is a way to get your point across without being rude and disrespectful.

There seems to be the select few on here that are just plain ********... making their comments behind a keyboard and screen..... and no 11ShelbyGT500 isn't one of them, he is actually funny and isn't disrespectful.
Old 8/5/12, 10:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 8/5/12, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
all due respect

I did not know saying was a cure all.

you are going to get strong feelings when ever you get a group of people together that have passion for something. Remember this is a enthusiast forum no a PTA meeting. We are not hand out everyone wins trophies. Please do not act like you never meet rude pain in the butts in face to face real life.

really means honest and not sugar coated.. since sugar coating is a sin in my book. But that doesnt mean peolpe shouldnt use some tact.

then why do we have forums?? just a fun place to pat each other on the back?
That ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on.
Old 8/5/12, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
The rule of thumb I go by is that I won't post something on a thread that I would not say to someone face to face. Another would be if you want respect give respect. There is a way to get your point across without being rude and disrespectful.

There seems to be the select few on here that are just plain ********... making their comments behind a keyboard and screen..... and no 11ShelbyGT500 isn't one of them, he is actually funny and isn't disrespectful.
11ShelbyGT500 is an ******** *******. Just saying. ***:
Old 8/5/12, 10:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
11ShelbyGT500 is an ******** *******. Just saying. ***:
Old 8/5/12, 10:57 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
Old 8/5/12, 10:59 AM

Are we about to get it on? Cuz I'm about as hard as a diamond in an ice storm.
Y'all turn around now. We're gonna make animal noises.
Old 8/5/12, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

Those people are on my ignore list and they still try.. Ignore system is great. I do wish ignore systems everywhere would put you on the ignore list of a person that you've ignored.
Old 8/5/12, 11:03 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yall go together like cocaine and waffles.
Old 8/5/12, 11:11 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
To the original poster, it's sad but it's the way public forums work and there will always be people or groups of people that are out there that have nothing better to do than go in and try to stir up stuff that frankly adds nothing to the conversation other than to get thier own personal rocks off.

This thread is no exception, just note some of the stuff that has been posted that adds nothing to the subject of this thread (hence why I locked it)

The staff is here for a reason but we can't follow every thread and post. We have to rely on the members to help us monitor post and if someone is going over the line, please report it.