Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Brad read this!

Old 2/2/05, 06:01 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First I would like to give props to Brad, Scothew, everyone who has made this site what it is... but since nothing is perfect, there is always room for improvement...

I think a more diverse group of smilies, and way for the users to help the site out would really help improve themustangsource.com.
By a way for users to help the site I mean invitation emails, flyers and such. Plus every new user sent by a present user will give that user points which we could save up for decals, apparrel and the like. If you like this idea PM me and I will send you my draft of a point scale.
Old 2/2/05, 07:50 PM

a chat section would also be cool...
Old 2/3/05, 03:45 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I've looked into a few various chat clients, but there are none that I really like. If you know some good ones, please let me know.

I think there is a referral system... i'll look into that and get back with ya.
If you have a smiley you want added, you can always post it in the suggestions forum and we can consider adding it.
Old 3/2/05, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Scothew@February 3, 2005, 5:48 PM
I've looked into a few various chat clients, but there are none that I really like. If you know some good ones, please let me know.

I think there is a referral system... i'll look into that and get back with ya.
If you have a smiley you want added, you can always post it in the suggestions forum and we can consider adding it.
Did you find out about the referral system? here is a url for a chat server... I'm not sure what your lookong for but here it is... Chat and here is a smiley I like...
Old 3/3/05, 03:32 PM

hello??
Old 3/3/05, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give him time to respond ... here's my opinions though ... that particular chat client is really awful, and that smilie is too big. Make the image like 1/3 of that size. I can't imagine that you dont think there are enough smilies already, theres one for pretty much every possible situation.

As far as the referral system... once the site gets apparel and everything all set, I could see that being abused. Say you get $0.25 off for each referral, well if I want stuff free, I can just send out a nice amount of spam and get all the signups I could want.

Or, you refer an alternate email of your own, and sign up yourself. If they tracked by IP, all you would have to do is dial in to the net and do the same process.

If you know people that you want to invite here, just mail them a link?
Old 3/3/05, 05:31 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Sorry man, i've been sick the past couple of days and really swamped at work (yes i have a real job). I'll see what i can find this weekend if I am not doped up and asleep.
Old 3/3/05, 05:40 PM

Grantsdale- thats your opinion, but you don't need to contradict everything I say

Jack- calm down man...,

Scott- no hurry man, hope ya get feeling better....
Old 3/4/05, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Autotooner@March 3, 2005, 8:43 PM
Grantsdale- thats your opinion, but you don't need to contradict everything I say

Jack- calm down man...,

Scott- no hurry man, hope ya get feeling better....
I'm not contradicting anything. I'm just pointing out the problems with what you wanted. You were begging for a response, so I gave you one.

edit: Also, nice alternate name you made there. You have the same posting style. Adding ... to the end of every comment. Too bad scothew edited it before I read it.
Old 3/4/05, 11:15 AM
I'm people, and I like.

busted
Old 3/4/05, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Grantsdale@March 4, 2005, 12:10 PM
I'm not contradicting anything. I'm just pointing out the problems with what you wanted. You were begging for a response, so I gave you one.

edit: Also, nice alternate name you made there. You have the same posting style. Adding ... to the end of every comment. Too bad scothew edited it before I read it.
I want begging for anything I think it is up to Scott to decide if he likes what I post... not someone else

and oh yeah... if you wanna know what I said I said you are an..... nevermind... I have too much respect for Brad's site to break the rules again... If you don't like what is said why don't you just go to the next topic....
Old 3/4/05, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Autotooner+March 4, 2005, 5:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Autotooner @ March 4, 2005, 5:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@March 4, 2005, 12:10 PM

I want begging for anything I think it is up to Scott to decide if he likes what I post... not someone else

and oh yeah... if you wanna know what I said I said you are an..... nevermind... I have too much respect for Brad's site to break the rules again... If you don't like what is said why don't you just go to the next topic....
[/b][/quote]

I don't understand what your problem is. You made a post with suggestions, and I responded to your PUBLIC thread with problems with the suggestions. If you wanted ONLY brad or scothew to reply, you should have PMed them.

The chat client was awful, period. I don't know if you think its something special, or the only one, but it is downright dreadful. Not many options, and not very customizable.

The referral system I was pointing out the problems in case it gets implemented, so brad and the rest could know possible ways to take advantage of it. This would prevent them from possibly losing money, and in turn help the site.

The smilie I pointed out so you could resize it and post it again. I didn't think it was a big deal that I simply said it was too big.

If you don't like someone replying to a thread that you created, maybe you should stay away from internet forums. I was not mean, I did not say anything hurtful to you. I commented on what was at hand, and it was on topic. If I hadn't done so, you might STILL be waiting for a response.

BTW, scothew, here's a really easy to setup chat client. Wouldn't even use your own bandwidth. I've used it before in a different incarnation (before they bought the domain name) and it worked really well.

http://www.freejavachat.com/
Old 3/4/05, 05:16 PM

I never said you couldn't post here.... and I never said that chat client was something special Scott asked if I knew of any and thats the only one I know of.... yes that smilie is a lil large, if u can resize gif images and keep them animated go for it... i don't know how... and about the point system... I never had any intentions of abusing it... I just think it could be a helpful way to get Brad's site advertised.... I'm not some business exec. who knows all about marketing... i'm a teen hoping to get into a career of automotive designing... and its just an idea.... I just threw it on here in case they like it and want to start something similar...
Old 3/4/05, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Autotooner@March 4, 2005, 8:19 PM
I never said you couldn't post here.... and I never said that chat client was something special Scott asked if I knew of any and thats the only one I know of.... yes that smilie is a lil large, if u can resize gif images and keep them animated go for it... i don't know how... and about the point system... I never had any intentions of abusing it... I just think it could be a helpful way to get Brad's site advertised.... I'm not some business exec. who knows all about marketing... i'm a teen hoping to get into a career of automotive designing... and its just an idea.... I just threw it on here in case they like it and want to start something similar...
So if you understand why I was responding with what I was saying, then why did you have to be so hostile?

I'll skip over the chat because that horse is dead already.
If you knew the smilie was large, why would you complain when that was my comment?
And I never wanted to imply that YOU personally were going to take advantage of the referral system, it was just something that could be done, and I felt it needed to be pointed out before it was considered. Sometimes the best way to look at something is how it can be taken advantage of.

And completely off topic. DO NOT. EVER. EVER. Use your youth as an excuse. You are a teenager. So what? That doesn't mean a thing. I started my business at 19 years old. I'm about to turn 22. I don't ever mean to get personal about anything, but I am doing well at my age. How well? Lets just put it this way: I paid cash for my 05, and it didn't effect my finances at all.

Being young should not be an excuse, it is an advantage. Your capacity to learn is much higher from 15-30 than it is from 1-14 or 30+. I'm sure you don't want to be lectured, and from the "jack me off" alias that you used, I can tell you won't listen, because your maturity isn't there yet, but this is something that I feel needs to be said whenever someone says "I'm just 17, don't blame me"
Old 3/4/05, 05:59 PM

Sorry 'bout flipping out over your post, I messed up... ok, but I never tried to use my age as an excuse.. I never make excuses over stuff like this... I was just simply stating that I know nothing about marketing or advertising... I was just trying to post some hopefully helpful suggestions... lets just drop this we should all pull together for the betterment of TMS and discuss Mustangs...
Old 3/4/05, 08:36 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Darn it Grantsdale! you're like a freakin' puzzle to me. You give little hints of who you are and what you do, but you never give us the whole picture! :bang:
I'm Dyin' Ova' 'ere!

I still remember that thread where we posted our real pics, and you posted your avatar picture... man, that was hilarious lol
Old 3/5/05, 01:38 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 4, 2005, 9:39 PM
Darn it Grantsdale! you're like a freakin' puzzle to me. You give little hints of who you are and what you do, but you never give us the whole picture! :bang:
I'm Dyin' Ova' 'ere!

I still remember that thread where we posted our real pics, and you posted your avatar picture... man, that was hilarious lol
i remember that too, that was great.

PS lalo, i was gonna use the pic of you in Team mustang source!, but its gone curses!

i kno this is but grantsdale, thats thrawn right? in ur avatar.
nice to see another star wars fan (as if there arent enough of us already )

u kno a chat would be kinda cool. never thought about it before. wow it got pretty hostile in here.

[joedirt]
dang
[/joedirt]
Old 3/5/05, 08:01 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by future9er24@March 5, 2005, 12:41 AM
PS lalo, i was gonna use the pic of you in Team mustang source!, but its gone curses!

Once I started to see the rampant misuse of photos, i took that stinker out lol :P
And I wanted more space on my attachment file lol
Old 3/5/05, 10:06 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8 Today@ 09:04 AM
rampant misuse of photos
hehehe