Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Adding another sub-forum..........

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/05, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few 4x4 Forums i'm a member of (I own a Jeep, but not for long) have build threads. Basically it's one long thread that they keep updating as they build their vehicles. All modifications from start to finish are shown in one thread and it makes it easy to view what they've done through time. Most of them have a sub-forum called, "Member's Rigs." We could do something similar like "Member's Stangs." If this is already done somewhere, they sorry. I don't venture out of the 2005 forum very much.

If you look at what paint-boy did with this thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...c=25477&hl=boyd

It would be similar, only including all mods. Anyone think it's a good idea?
Old 10/5/05, 06:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel no one would look in there who isnt actually building and there is a wealth of info out there from people who have been there and done that who wouldnt ordinarilly look into that sub folder. Sooo you wouldnt get the feedback your looking for...? Is that the experience over in your 4x4 thread? Here everyone chimes in. Whats the reply ratio compared with over here?
Old 10/5/05, 08:06 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you will find that most people start a thread that shows "look what I did to my car" and then instead of adding to it when they do another mod, they create a new thread.
Old 10/5/05, 08:18 AM
GT Member

I like his idea. There are so many people and so many cars....it's hard to keep track of them all and all of the mods they have done to the car. I did mine that way....and reading thru the posts sure seemed like everyone liked it that way?
Old 10/5/05, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by darth-bob@October 5, 2005, 6:53 AM
Sooo you wouldnt get the feedback your looking for...?
Yes, feedback in the threads. People ask questions about the mods and are answered. It's just like it is now, only each car is in one thread.

Instead of starting new threads for your new wheels, air intake, window tint, cd player, lowering springs, etc. They would all be in one thread. You can still post stuff in the normal forums, but if you see someone's car you really like, you can look at their build thread to get ideas and feedback before future purchases. They are pretty popular and alot of people ask questions about thier own rig in their thread if they are unsure about what they are doing. It's just a thought. If it's not a good idea, no hurt feelings.
Old 10/5/05, 10:24 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I think it would be a great idea for members to start one thread about their car and keep going with it, instead of creating a new thread. I see people do that on a reef forum i frequent quite a bit.

The problem is, getting people to do this. Also, I dont know if it would constitute a whole other sub-forum, if enough people did it, we could create one and move them into it. For now, they could create it under the main 2005+ forum and we could see how it goes from there.
Old 10/5/05, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

I vote for it. I haven't been following the thread on the Stang of the Month idea, but part of me thinks these two ideas could tie together. If we go through with the Stang of the Month idea, voters could go to the build thread for that car to view all the details about it to help make up their mind.
Old 10/5/05, 07:27 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
isnt there a "my S197" section already? wouldnt that be the ideal place for it (at least for 05s)

cuz i like the idea of one thread for someone build project, seeing as i made one lol. its a good way to update anyone whos interested and get feedback

for all of us w/o 05s, i say just put em in their respective folders dont really need another subsection IMO
Old 10/5/05, 07:50 PM
Retired Tms Staff

good luck at getting people to do this. After all, I should know from all the posts I move around Day 1, someone posts, I might buy this car.... Day 2, new topic, I put a deposit down, later that day, new topic, I get the car tomorrow, day 3 new topic - I got the car, later that day, new topic - here are some pics. I see this all the time, and even though I politely ask that instead of created a new topic each time they should just add to their first topic, my words are ignored.

In a perfect world this idea would be great, but we all know nothing is perfect, not even me
Old 10/5/05, 07:51 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by future9er24@October 5, 2005, 7:30 PM
isnt there a "my S197" section already? wouldnt that be the ideal place for it (at least for 05s)

cuz i like the idea of one thread for someone build project, seeing as i made one lol. its a good way to update anyone whos interested and get feedback

for all of us w/o 05s, i say just put em in their respective folders dont really need another subsection IMO

exactly
Old 10/5/05, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 5, 2005, 6:53 PM
good luck at getting people to do this.

In a perfect world this idea would be great, but we all know nothing is perfect, not even me
I hear ya. Trying my best to keep the Teri 6 corralled into one thread...we only had one stray so far :whipcrack:
Old 10/6/05, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe "sub-forum" was the wrong term. I was thinking along the lines of:

2005+ Mustang => My s197 => Mustang Builds

Something along those lines.

Either way, once mine arrives all my mods are going into one thread. Hopefully I can start a trend. And there is nothing anyone can do about it. Unless adrenalin gets move happy and keeps moving my thread so I can't find it :nono: or I get banned :bang: or it keeps getting deleted or you edit my posts or anything else that I can't think of right now that would sabotage my efforts. Other than that, i'll be unstoppable
Old 10/6/05, 09:57 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Kevin, I can honestly say I think your post will be 100% safe :P

I love the idea, and I hope people would catch onto the trend.
Old 10/6/05, 11:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by FinlayZJ@October 6, 2005, 7:36 AM
Maybe "sub-forum" was the wrong term. I was thinking along the lines of:

2005+ Mustang => My s197 => Mustang Builds

Something along those lines.

Either way, once mine arrives all my mods are going into one thread. Hopefully I can start a trend. And there is nothing anyone can do about it. Unless adrenalin gets move happy and keeps moving my thread so I can't find it :nono: or I get banned :bang: or it keeps getting deleted or you edit my posts or anything else that I can't think of right now that would sabotage my efforts. Other than that, i'll be unstoppable
why is it everyone thinks I am the only one that does that around here :nono: :nono: :nono:
Old 10/6/05, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 6, 2005, 11:06 AM
why is it everyone thinks I am the only one that does that around here :nono: :nono: :nono:

This could be one reason.......

[attachmentid=35615]

Sorry, I was unaware that ThreadEx had multiple employees. Are you traded publicly? I might be interested in buying some stock as I see you are kept mighty busy.

Old 10/7/05, 06:54 AM
Retired Tms Staff