SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
Introductions Who You Are and What You Drive

SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500

Reply

 
 
 
Old 7/11/18, 08:34 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 11, 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500

Ford for life
Whitesnake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/11/18, 09:00 AM
  #2  
Cobra Member
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Hackettstown, N.J.
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Welcome.
So which do you have, a Cobra or a GT500 ??
.
1 Alibi 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/11/18, 09:40 AM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 11, 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
Welcome.
So which do you have, a Cobra or a GT500 ??
.
I own a 2007 SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500 5.4 liter supercharged putting out 650 hp with only 50,xxx original miles regestered
at the Shelby registry.
Whitesnake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/12/18, 10:29 AM
  #4  
Cobra Member
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Hackettstown, N.J.
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I own a 2007 SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500 5.4 liter supercharged putting out 650 hp with only 50,xxx original miles regestered
at the Shelby registry.
.
.
The Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (also known as SVT Mustang Cobra, SVT Cobra, or simply as Cobra) is a muscle car/pony car model that was built in model years 1993 through 2004 by Ford Motor Company's Special Vehicle Team division (or SVT, for short).
.
The Shelby Mustang is a high performance variant of the Ford Mustang which was built by Shelby American from 1965 to 1968, and from 1969 to 1970 by Ford. Following the introduction of the fifth generation Ford Mustang in 2005, the Shelby nameplate was revived as a new high-performance model, this time designed and built by Ford.[1]
.
If you have the window sticker for your car, check to see what Ford calls it..
.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 7/12/18 at 10:30 AM.
1 Alibi 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/18, 09:31 AM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 11, 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bi polar or qaud polar which is it? OCD or SMF which is it?

Ford Senior Master Professional Technician,worked for Ford since 1994 , SVT certified. Thanks for the historical knowledge,but I'm fully aware of the fact that it's labeled a Shelby GT 500,built by Ford .Not Carol Shelby, engine hand built by Jeremy and Jeff at the Special Vehicle Team. SVT Cobra is my own label to the posers and cloners out there who getting a brief glimpse of my taillights.
Whitesnake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/18, 02:05 PM
  #6  
Cobra Member
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Hackettstown, N.J.
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Ford Senior Master Professional Technician,worked for Ford since 1994 , SVT certified. Thanks for the historical knowledge,but I'm fully aware of the fact that it's labeled a Shelby GT 500,built by Ford .Not Carol Shelby, engine hand built by Jeremy and Jeff at the Special Vehicle Team. SVT Cobra is my own label to the posers and cloners out there who getting a brief glimpse of my taillights.
.
Glad to hear that you know the difference between a Cobra & a GT500.
.
1 Alibi 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/18, 02:33 PM
  #7  
GTR Member
 
m05fastbackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11, 2006
Location: Carnegie, PA
Posts: 6,130
Thanked 216 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I own a 2007 SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500 5.4 liter supercharged putting out 650 hp with only 50,xxx original miles regestered
at the Shelby registry.
You mentioned putting out 650 hp? is this referring to factory/stock specs or after having added a performance tune/engine modifications?

Just a bit confused as you didn't mention as to which you're were referring to in your post. IIRC 2007-2009 Shelby SVT GT500 models were rated at 550 hp at the crank with the factory/stock calibration
m05fastbackGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7/17/18, 10:52 AM
  #8  
Cobra Member
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Hackettstown, N.J.
Posts: 1,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT View Post
You mentioned putting out 650 hp? is this referring to factory/stock specs or after having added a performance tune/engine modifications?

Just a bit confused as you didn't mention as to which you're were referring to in your post. IIRC 2007-2009 Shelby SVT GT500 models were rated at 550 hp at the crank with the factory/stock calibration
.
2007 GT500's were factory rated @ 500 hp.
2010 GT500's were factory rated @ 540 hp.
550 hp didn't happen till the 11/12 MY..
.
1 Alibi 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1 Alibi 2 For This Useful Post:
m05fastbackGT (7/17/18)
Old 7/17/18, 01:28 PM
  #9  
GTR Member
 
m05fastbackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11, 2006
Location: Carnegie, PA
Posts: 6,130
Thanked 216 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
.
2007 GT500's were factory rated @ 500 hp.
2010 GT500's were factory rated @ 540 hp.
550 hp didn't happen till the 11/12 MY..
.
I must have forgotten lol. Thanks for the heads up!
m05fastbackGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mach_1_driver
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs
7
3/30/05 07:24 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SVT Shelby Cobra GT 500


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.