Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Such a Rookie

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/14, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such a Rookie

Just signed up here after lurking for a few weeks. Here's my story...

I'm a rookie through-and-through and if you rip me a little for being naive, well, you're probably right. Don't know much about Mustangs other than I've always loved their look. Finally able to afford one, so I started doing some (rudimentary) research and reading the pros and cons of things on here (much of which was/is over my head).

When I finally went in to a dealership to look around, I got lucky (imo).

Some of you might find this interesting...

I was thinking GT all the way. But I ran in to a Black (the only color I was interested in) Premium V6 Pony Package with Perelli tires, louvers and side scoops. To say the least, the car looked like a beast. Loved it. And then the salesman opened the door to Saddle leather seats...I was pretty much sold right then. In addition to the Saddle looking very sharp, I think it also brightens up the interior.

The salesman said they had recently bought it from another dealer. My question to everyone is: isn't it a rather particular sort of package and options to be sitting at a dealer? sounds to me like someone ordered it and then bailed. Whatever, their loss is my gain. don't think i could have put one together myself that suited my tastes so well.

I was a little leery of it 'only' being a V6 and not the 5l 8. But it's plenty of car and hp for me.

Pick it up in the morning. Can't wait. like a kid on Christmas Eve. Will post pics if anyone is interested, and probably even if you aren't!

Big thanks to all the contributors on these forums for the dialogue and information. you've got a great and passionate community here.

I'll continue to lurk and try not to ask too many stupid questions, but i can't promise.

If anyone here is in Austin, gimme a shout

- Willie

Last edited by Smalls103; 2/13/14 at 10:36 PM.
Old 2/13/14, 10:50 PM
GT Member

Congrats, sounds like a sweet ride. They must of ordered one of the appearance packages if it has the scoops and louvers.
Old 2/13/14, 11:06 PM

thanks Godzilla. yours is really sharp looking.

i had heard of the appearance packages, but wasn't quite sure.

another side note: i have read conflicting things on the boards here regarding the Tri-bar floor mats.

some say it comes with the Pony package. Others say thats a misnomer.

mine does not have them fwiw. - silver pony on the side of the mat only.

Last edited by Smalls103; 2/13/14 at 11:11 PM.
Old 2/13/14, 11:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
dude, post pics of it asap. it sounds beautiful! V6's are nothing to look down at. not at all. my dad has one and some of my friends do too. Consider how much they come stock with. it's amazing! The whole package you bought sounds perfect. looking forward to seeing it.
Old 2/13/14, 11:12 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
That is great, Willie. Black with Saddle sounds really sharp looking (I have Race Red with Saddle). I especially like the Saddle in the door inserts, looks pretty upscale IMO. With the extras that your car has, it sounds special. Please post pics. Don't feel weird about being naïve, we were ALL there once, at our first Pony. I've still got a ton to learn, that's part of the fun. You did not mention the year of your car, but if it's 2011+, then the V-6 300HP with 6-speeds is pretty darn good, and you will enjoy it, I'm sure.
Old 2/13/14, 11:29 PM

so, the interior looks like this

it's a 2014. and after searching again, the louvers and scoop equate to the "Coupe Accessory Package 1"

I absolutely love it. when i first saw it (Monday), i was impressed.

And particularly what you mentioned PJR - the saddle inserts on the doors are striking.

then i went back today to talk terms again and they told me they had set it aside for me and took me to see it....All detailed. I had a sort of surreal reaction. haha.

thanks for being so inviting guys. really appreciate it.
Old 2/14/14, 12:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new ride! Glad you "ran across" something that suites your tastes! Give us some pics.
Old 2/14/14, 10:09 PM

a couple low quality pics is all i have. had a great day in my new car.

didn't know it had pony projector lights or track speed feature. are they standard?