Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Please help! Looking for the prev owner of my 2010 GT in Cedar Springs, MI

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/23 | 02:08 AM

Please help! Looking for the prev owner of my 2010 GT in Cedar Springs, MI

Last edited by Mitka; 4/20/23 at 02:10 AM.
Old 4/20/23 | 02:08 AM

Hi guys,

I've bought my low mileage 2010 GT in the end of 2020 from the Copart. The car was after the accident but not salvaged. I have restored it and now it is running just fine except of one small issue - it has light steering wheel vibration on the speeds 60-90 mph from the day 1 I own it. Many times balanced, different sets of tires - everything is perfect with them, but the result is the same. Nobody can find the reason.
Now I am looking for the previous owner (there were 2) of the car so maybe he (or she) can explain what happened and where to look.

Car VIN is 1ZVBP8CH8A5161170

Copart Lot# 49472650

She had two accident recordings (both in Cedar Springs, MI):

08/02/2015 – State agency Case #:9335345, Police Report Case #:64576715

09/03/2020 - State Agency Case #:2074155, Police Report Case #:61572920

Is it possible to define the owner by the case number? Please help.

Last edited by Mitka; 4/20/23 at 02:12 AM.
Old 4/20/23 | 02:21 AM

Ran about 10k miles already and this is the most powerful engine I ever had. Fantastic car!
Old 4/20/23 | 05:47 AM
The Analog Admin!

Car Had Warranty Repair Work Done at This Dealer. They Would Have Customer Info. If you Explain the Situation Perhaps They Can Put You in Contact With. Also I Would Check Driveshaft Balance!

VANDERHYDE BROTHERS FORD, INC.
345 NORTH MAIN STREET
CEDAR SPRINGS
MI .
49319-9700

KC
Old 4/20/23 | 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Car Had Warranty Repair Work Done at This Dealer. They Would Have Customer Info. If you Explain the Situation Perhaps They Can Put You in Contact With. Also I Would Check Driveshaft Balance!

VANDERHYDE BROTHERS FORD, INC.
345 NORTH MAIN STREET
CEDAR SPRINGS
MI .
49319-9700

KC
I contacted them last year, they refused to disclose the private data.
Old 4/20/23 | 06:02 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Mitka
I contacted them last year, they refused to disclose the private data.
They Could Have Called the Customer Themselves and Asked if it was Ok! Just Being Lazy! Sorry to Hear. All you Would Need is an Email Address! In My Experience Mustang Owners Love To Talk About Their cars to New Owners! Hell, Nothing is Private Anymore with the Right Key Strokes Anyway!

I wonder If you Could Get Something From Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles?

Check this Thread! Sounds Similar!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...nt-end-549482/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/20/23 at 06:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mitka (4/20/23)
Old 4/20/23 | 06:42 AM

They Could Have Called the Customer Themselves and Asked if it was Ok! Just Being Lazy! Sorry to Hear. All you Would Need is an Email Address! In My Experience Mustang Owners Love To Talk About Their cars to New Owners! Hell, Nothing is Private Anymore with the Right Key Strokes Anyway!

I wonder If you Could Get Something From Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles?

Check this Thread! Sounds Similar!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...nt-end-549482/

KC
Thanks for sharing but it is unlikely my case. I have just slightly over 40k miles on the car. Maybe I have a manufacturing defect of the driveshaft from the factory? That is why I am looking for the previous owners - to find out if it was or it is a consequence of bent axle (lateral runout of the rear left rotor is 0,15mm and the rotor itself is heating more than the right one)
Old 4/20/23 | 09:28 AM
The Analog Admin!

Thanks for sharing but it is unlikely my case. I have just slightly over 40k miles on the car. Maybe I have a manufacturing defect of the driveshaft from the factory? That is why I am looking for the previous owners - to find out if it was or it is a consequence of bent axle (lateral runout of the rear left rotor is 0,15mm and the rotor itself is heating more than the right one)
I was Thinking Driveshaft Damage From 1 of 2 Accidents. It Don't Take Much To Get out of Balance. With that Car Being Out of Michigan I would Think the Surface Rust on Original vs Replacement Parts as Far as Under the Car Might Tell a Story. Unless they Replaced with Used Parts. Just a Thought.

KC
Old 4/20/23 | 12:15 PM

I was Thinking Driveshaft Damage From 1 of 2 Accidents. It Don't Take Much To Get out of Balance. With that Car Being Out of Michigan I would Think the Surface Rust on Original vs Replacement Parts as Far as Under the Car Might Tell a Story. Unless they Replaced with Used Parts. Just a Thought.

KC
I had a driveshaft inspection this morning. The mechanic told the driveshaft looks fine, just a little rust on the flange. He said they can balance it if I insist but unlikely it is out of balance...
Old 4/20/23 | 01:55 PM
The Analog Admin!

I had a driveshaft inspection this morning. The mechanic told the driveshaft looks fine, just a little rust on the flange. He said they can balance it if I insist but unlikely it is out of balance...
Well Sometimes it is Just Keep Chipping away what it's Not to Find What it Is! Usually Something you Never Suspect. Had a Car Back in the Day That Had a Hell of a Vibration 55-65 Then Went away. Had Wrong Balance on Flywheel! Guy I Sold it to Discovered it When Upgrading! DOH! Sold the Car Cheap! 340 Plymouth Duster!

Something I Wanted you To See in that Other Thread Was This!

Took it back to the independent shop that I'd had the work done and they asked to do their own evaluation. Wonders of modern science, the owner had an app wherein you enter the car in question, take it for a test drive, and it locates and evaluates aspects that are out of the norm. In this case it detected the vibration was localized to the drive train (drive shaft, u-joints/c-v joints, etc).

Don't Know What the App is But It Sounds Like What You Need! Might Ask the OP If He Can Get a Name or Link for The App. Just a Thought! Op Is Still Active Here!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...2/#post7070613

Kc

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/20/23 at 02:00 PM.
Old 4/20/23 | 02:20 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

What about the police report case numbers you posted, the owner information should most definitely be in the police reports... Perhaps you might consider contacting the police departments, explain your situation that you're attempting to contact the previous owners regarding the accident history of the vehicle for what the extent of damages were and what procedures took place during the repair/replacement parts process... I would at least consider that as a possible option.