Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Newbie from Northern VA

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/14, 03:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie from Northern VA

Well after over a month of checking out Mustangs online, I finally took the plunge! Just picked up a 14 V6, Ruby Red with the 102A Tech/Synch package. I'm a U.S. Navy Officer, and this is my first Ford and first Mustang! Didn't want to wait for the 15, as I like the look of this generation better, and I didn't want to pass up on the great incentives.

Great to be a new member and new Stang owner! It's pretty much a blank canvas for me now as I plan on adding racing stripes and rear window louvers, new exhaust and cold air intake, plus more goodies here and there!
Attached Thumbnails Newbie from Northern VA-new-owner.jpg  
Old 3/23/14, 12:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Welcome to the forum Glenn, and thank you for your service to our great country. Check out American Muscle for some good ideas for modding. They're a good company to deal with. And, if you contact "AMDanBailer" the customer rep for AM here on the forum, he will send you a code for a 6% discount on your order. Enjoy.
Old 3/23/14, 12:18 PM
GT Member

Welcome and congrats
Old 3/25/14, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome.Thanks for your service.
Old 3/25/14, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Navjag96
Well after over a month of checking out Mustangs online, I finally took the plunge! Just picked up a 14 V6, Ruby Red with the 102A Tech/Synch package. I'm a U.S. Navy Officer, and this is my first Ford and first Mustang! Didn't want to wait for the 15, as I like the look of this generation better, and I didn't want to pass up on the great incentives.

Great to be a new member and new Stang owner! It's pretty much a blank canvas for me now as I plan on adding racing stripes and rear window louvers, new exhaust and cold air intake, plus more goodies here and there!

Hey,

Welcome to TheMustangSource, and congratulations on you new beauty, you will love it!

One of the greatest joys of Mustangs is the ability to modify them to really make them your own. I can see you already have some great plans in mind!

Like mentioned before, if you are interested in ordering anything from us, you are entitled to a 6% forum member discount. The only requirement is that you need at least 50 posts. However, while you build your post count, we also offer a 6% military discount, so you will save regardless.

Once again, congratulations, and I sincerely thank you for your service!

If you need anything, or have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
Old 3/25/14, 09:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats.. n welcome to TMs
Old 3/25/14, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Glenn,

If your in NOVA send mean email and I'll give you a few meet ups to show that puppy off. Apdnick@yahoo.com.
Old 3/26/14, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Hey,

Welcome to TheMustangSource, and congratulations on you new beauty, you will love it!

One of the greatest joys of Mustangs is the ability to modify them to really make them your own. I can see you already have some great plans in mind!

Like mentioned before, if you are interested in ordering anything from us, you are entitled to a 6% forum member discount. The only requirement is that you need at least 50 posts. However, while you build your post count, we also offer a 6% military discount, so you will save regardless.

If you need anything, or have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
I never knew you guys gave military discounts! Haha, I've been ordering parts from you guys for years.

Thanks for all you do for the Mustang community!
Old 3/27/14, 04:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 3/30/14, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by apdmustangnick
Hey Glenn,

If your in NOVA send mean email and I'll give you a few meet ups to show that puppy off. Apdnick@yahoo.com.

Thanks Nick - just sent you an e-mail. Would definitely enjoy going to a few meets!
Old 3/30/14, 07:26 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey,

-Dan
Thanks Dan - Already took the first plunge and ordered louvers and a key chain with a $10 off discount. I PM'd you last week with my military e-mail address. Ready to pick up a few more items!
Old 3/30/14, 01:26 PM

I like the red!
Old 3/30/14, 05:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Prowler59
I like the red!
Thanks - I sort of agonized over the color I wanted. Blue tends to be my favorite (the Dodge Stratus in the background is my old car - in the color I've always liked). I was going to go with a deep impact blue Stang, but then just started leaning to Ruby Red and after a while - I set my course to get one in that color!
Old 4/1/14, 07:35 PM

Let us know how the louvers work out, I'm in the market for those also. (assuming you mean the rear window ones).
Old 4/2/14, 07:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PatinMich
Let us know how the louvers work out, I'm in the market for those also. (assuming you mean the rear window ones).
Just got them from American Muscle and put them on two days ago - they are fantastic. Really easy to install and really enhance the look of your Stang. Gonna wash it this weekend - and also put on the rocker panel decals I ordered along with the new shift ****. Will take some pics and post once the cleaning and decaling is done!
Old 4/3/14, 11:08 AM

Which louvers did you get? The Willpak smooth aluminum?
Old 4/3/14, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PatinMich
Which louvers did you get? The Willpak smooth aluminum?

I bought the MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers. They were $190 for the pair. They definitely look like your traditional Mustang louvers!
Old 4/4/14, 12:06 AM

Oooooh...I thought you had the rear window louvers all along.....
Old 4/5/14, 02:26 PM
V6 Member

Added the rocker panel stripes today, along with a thorough wash and interior cleaning!
Attached Thumbnails Newbie from Northern VA-new-mod-2-web.jpg  
Old 4/5/14, 02:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Good weather for that. Welcome.

Quick Reply: Newbie from Northern VA