Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Newbie with 2011 SMS

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/13, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie with 2011 SMS

Hello people!

I just wanted to say HELLO and intro myself. I procured a 2011 SMS (Saleen) White Label this fall and simply love it! I put new Niche 137 Milan rims on it with 20 x 8 255/35/20's Extremecontact's up front and 20 x 10.5 285/30/20's out back!

I also put a oil seperator from JLT on it and cannot believe how much oil/gas I catch in the thing! IT is a MUST DO!! The car runs so much better and the volume of crap NOT going into my manifold is well worth the $110. IF you have a 5.0 2011+ buy one and thank me later

This past week I changed out all four 6x8 speakers and found out the following!

. I changed out the front and rear speakers with Infinity REF6832CF up front and Rockford Fosgate R168X2 in the rear. Used the Metra 72-5600 harnesses and they are indeed reversed polarity. SO...I pulled the doors apart again and found that with a large paper clip bent straight, I could push the black and white wired pins out of their sockets. They are only held in by tension, not a clip so I simply pushed (hard) them out and carefully swapped them around so the black wire is now on top (or away from the clip side). They worked perfectly without cutting wires/splicing wires or putting new end plugs on them so they look just like the one's from Crutchfield. Now SOME older mustangs do have the harness attached to the speakers going the way Metra has it set up but the newer mustangs it is not. A quick look in the trunk at the exposed speakers will let you know which ones you need to buy. If you are looking at the speaker face down on a table with the posts turned to 6 o clock, the RIGHT one is the positive. Always! It then attaches to the bigger end plug of the Metra harness. So look at your speaker connection and see which set up you need. Again it took me 1 minute to change the wires on both harnesses (after I figured it out) so buy the cheapest ones and fix as needed!! Hope this helps.
Old 12/16/13, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, congrats and welcome.