Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Track pack owner

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/14, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
The Recaro's are awesome... I strongly considered passing on the Recaro package and adding some aftermarket seats (Corbeau or something), but I liked the airbags that the Recaros contained so I sucked it up and went with them. They really are fantastic. Will be even better once I get the roll bar in and a 6-pt harness setup.

The car stuck really well - my data logs showed ~1.10g sustained corning acceleration on several banked corners and over 1g on the flatter corners. For OEM tires, I was quite impressed! I was learning the car at Watkins, so plenty of room for improvement, but it performed very well. I was cooking the brakes at Watkins as well, hence the very early and relatively light braking in that video. If you track it, you have to put in the brake cooling ducts!

Any immediate plans for the car?
I had the Recaros in the ST.. Miss them already! Did you destroy the pads at the track or were they still useable? I don't Think I'll get much track time in before I leave to japan, just a to of Autocross time but one can hope!

This sunday I am autocrossing her (or at least I am going to try to make it out, if work doesn't get in the way) after that I'll have a better Idea of what I want to do to her. Right now I am just looking at an axle back (needs a little more sound) and maybe a Watts rear linkage

Originally Posted by pminri
I got a tip from another TMS'er ( who track races quite often) that Carbotech break pads really help with the dreaded break fade.

Link
ctbreaks.com

I also have the TP option and going to upgrade to these pads once the factory ones need changing.

Pminri
Carbotech has a couple different pad choices that are quite good. I run Pagid RST2's (front) and RS56 (rear) and they are fantastic track pads as well.

For a street pad upgrade, I've used Hawk HP and HP Plus before. Both very good initial bite (unlike a true track pad that needs some heat before it works as designed).

The Brembo's on the TP are very good after a pad upgrade I found. I was disappointed with the OEM pads, but with an upgrade they offer great pedal feel and stopping power.
I'll probably go with the hawks if Ferodo doesn't come out with anything, I've had great experiences with the HP+ as double duty pads in the past
Old 1/15/14, 12:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you going to Japan or Oki? Military? Have fun at the Auto-x.
Old 1/15/14, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Are you going to Japan or Oki? Military? Have fun at the Auto-x.
I am Army, and going to Camp Zama... Can't wait, 6 years on Fort hood is causing me to lose my hair
Old 1/15/14, 11:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
My pads were fine (the Pagids) after Watkins - I boiled fluid, didn't overheat the pads much. Used maybe 1/4 over 2 days and ~225 miles on the track. They will hold up better though with the cooling I have in now. Used hardly any pad over ~80 miles at the NYST, although that is a more technical track with only one hard braking zone. No 135-75mph or 125-55mph braking zones like Watkins

Hope the auto-x goes well! I need to get my car out there and do one of those sometime. Cheap and fun.
Old 1/15/14, 06:14 PM

Good to know, I need to see if I have any Motul 600 laying around still to replace the factory brake fluid.
Old 1/18/14, 10:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah I spent 3 there after coming back from Korea and went back to Korea just to get out of Hood.
Old 1/20/14, 09:51 PM

My pads were fine (the Pagids) after Watkins - I boiled fluid, didn't overheat the pads much. Used maybe 1/4 over 2 days and ~225 miles on the track. They will hold up better though with the cooling I have in now. Used hardly any pad over ~80 miles at the NYST, although that is a more technical track with only one hard braking zone. No 135-75mph or 125-55mph braking zones like Watkins

Hope the auto-x goes well! I need to get my car out there and do one of those sometime. Cheap and fun.
It did pretty well, ran a 46:01 which wasn't far behind the lead car in my group. Not bad for my first time in her

Yeah I spent 3 there after coming back from Korea and went back to Korea just to get out of Hood.
Glad someone got away, I have a feeling after Japan they'll suck me back
Old 1/21/14, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Bring that new ride to Europe like I did. Every time I get in the car it's like a road race. Crazy German drivers.
Old 1/22/14, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Bring that new ride to Europe like I did. Every time I get in the car it's like a road race. Crazy German drivers.
I was in Germany a couple summers ago. The autobahn is crazy! My rental was an Audi A6 which was nice. They come up on you so quickly you barely have time to get out of the way!