Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Track pack owner

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/14, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tron
Nice! I have driven my friends brz and loved it as well. I had a 02' wrx, modded every way possible hahaa. And i owned a 07 wrx sti. Both amazing cars....i miss them both. But my mustang is leaps and bounds above them both in handling and power. Enjoy your car man.
It's like a bug haha one mod is never enough. I had an 09 WRX that blew itself up, 2011 WRX and a 14 Forester XT. Hell The Boss is a better track car off the showroom floor then a heavily modified WRX.

Thanks man! Can't wait to kill some cones next weekend
Old 1/9/14, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
It's like a bug haha one mod is never enough. I had an 09 WRX that blew itself up, 2011 WRX and a 14 Forester XT. Hell The Boss is a better track car off the showroom floor then a heavily modified WRX.

Thanks man! Can't wait to kill some cones next weekend
Nice! That's a nice lineup of Subarus man! Killin cones! That's what i like to hear, cars being put to there proper use! Have fun, get some more pics!

Last edited by Tron; 1/9/14 at 08:08 AM.
Old 1/9/14, 09:26 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello all,

I am coming from an Focus ST that was having major issues with the sync system, Ford hooked me up and now I am the proud owner of a new 2014 GT Premium Track Pack.

I am coming from mostly Subarus, and mostly Autocross.

here are some shots of the new car
Welcome and congrats, Ricepuddin!! Awesome looking ride and pictures.

Deysha
Old 1/9/14, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats, and welcome. Very nice ride. We have almost identical cars (I opted for the stripe). I have 2500 mile on mine and I still can't stop smiling every time I drive it.

Enjoy. Great pics too.
Old 1/9/14, 12:14 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to TMS!

Nick C.
Old 1/9/14, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tron
Nice! That's a nice lineup of Subarus man! Killin cones! That's what i like to hear, cars being put to there proper use! Have fun, get some more pics!
Hell yes, It's no fun to have aperformance car you don't use!

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome and congrats, Ricepuddin!! Awesome looking ride and pictures.

Deysha
Thank you much!

Originally Posted by pminri
Congrats, and welcome. Very nice ride. We have almost identical cars (I opted for the stripe). I have 2500 mile on mine and I still can't stop smiling every time I drive it.

Enjoy. Great pics too.
The white strip looks good on your car! Thanks you !

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Congratulations and welcome to TMS!

Nick C.
Hey I remember Ya'll from FT86club! Thank you
Old 1/10/14, 06:45 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank you much!
You're very welcome! Enjoy it!

Deysha
Old 1/11/14, 05:58 PM

Welcome to The Mustang Source.
Old 1/11/14, 06:26 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Welcome to the TMSers and nice ride!
Old 1/11/14, 09:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I dialed out most of the tail happiness with the coilovers and some camber adjustment but It needed to be a little more neutral, was going with sway bars then i decided to sell it. I am just too tall to daily a car that small. But yes it was a blast, I loved it especially in the canyons! And I had some power mods that lived it up a bit

Thanks, I am already loving the Mustang
Very nice, I had a feeling some suspension modifications could fine tune it nicely. I fit great in that car (I'm 5'9), but I'm just hesitant to do power mods on a new car. Had a 2002 Audi S4 (twin turbo) that I did a lot of work on and I got sick of having engine issues. Love the 420ish hp of the mustang right from the factory. It's really plenty for what I do with it.

Enjoy yours. It should be a blast.
Old 1/11/14, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by SGM TP 14
Welcome to The Mustang Source.
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Welcome to the TMSers and nice ride!
Thank you both!
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Very nice, I had a feeling some suspension modifications could fine tune it nicely. I fit great in that car (I'm 5'9), but I'm just hesitant to do power mods on a new car. Had a 2002 Audi S4 (twin turbo) that I did a lot of work on and I got sick of having engine issues. Love the 420ish hp of the mustang right from the factory. It's really plenty for what I do with it.

Enjoy yours. It should be a blast.
Completely understand that,Name:  9G503701016.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  63.5 KB
That is what was left of the Piston in my 09 wrx, so It took me awhile to get comfortable with power mods. But like you Said 420 is a good bit of power
Old 1/12/14, 12:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

haha I should post up a picture of the turbo I blew, not quite as bad the piston, but I blew the turbine wheel and shot the turbine impeller out the exhaust (cat-less exhaust). Happened at the track at like 6000 RPM WOT. Blew a MASSIVE white cloud of smoke out the back and limped into the pits... not fun!

That piston looks nasty... Mustang should be a little more reliable!
Old 1/12/14, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I see you bought your TP car to use it as a Track car on occasion just like I did. Great color too.
Old 1/13/14, 05:53 PM

haha I should post up a picture of the turbo I blew, not quite as bad the piston, but I blew the turbine wheel and shot the turbine impeller out the exhaust (cat-less exhaust). Happened at the track at like 6000 RPM WOT. Blew a MASSIVE white cloud of smoke out the back and limped into the pits... not fun!

That piston looks nasty... Mustang should be a little more reliable!
That actually sounds pretty lucky! It didn't get sucked into the motor, I've seen something like that happen with the Cat from an uppipe, bad day!

Yeah that was so bad they couldn't break the block open, I was trying to make it into a coffee table but gave up.

and I hope so! I've had enough of broken cars

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I see you bought your TP car to use it as a Track car on occasion just like I did. Great color too.
Thank you! I love the track/Autocross, it's like my stress release. Hows she handle on the track
Old 1/13/14, 06:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thank you! I love the track/Autocross, it's like my stress release. Hows she handle on the track
Handles pretty well! Don't mean to hijack the thread, but if you're interested here is a little footage of mine out at Watkins Glen and NYST... obviously hard to tell how it handles from watching a video, but it was well controlled and fairly forgiving for my "intermediate" level driving.

Old 1/13/14, 10:00 PM

Handles pretty well! Don't mean to hijack the thread, but if you're interested here is a little footage of mine out at Watkins Glen and NYST... obviously hard to tell how it handles from watching a video, but it was well controlled and fairly forgiving for my "intermediate" level driving.

http://youtu.be/_vqwIPzvKxQ

http://youtu.be/HMC7LZ2tqNM
Not thread jacking at all! Those are great videos, and your right it's hard to tell by video how well a car handles, but the entry speed and G meter kind of tell the tale. Makes me think I need to get a hold of some Recaros.

Thank you for sharing those!
Old 1/14/14, 07:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not thread jacking at all! Those are great videos, and your right it's hard to tell by video how well a car handles, but the entry speed and G meter kind of tell the tale. Makes me think I need to get a hold of some Recaros.

Thank you for sharing those!
The Recaro's are awesome... I strongly considered passing on the Recaro package and adding some aftermarket seats (Corbeau or something), but I liked the airbags that the Recaros contained so I sucked it up and went with them. They really are fantastic. Will be even better once I get the roll bar in and a 6-pt harness setup.

The car stuck really well - my data logs showed ~1.10g sustained corning acceleration on several banked corners and over 1g on the flatter corners. For OEM tires, I was quite impressed! I was learning the car at Watkins, so plenty of room for improvement, but it performed very well. I was cooking the brakes at Watkins as well, hence the very early and relatively light braking in that video. If you track it, you have to put in the brake cooling ducts!

Any immediate plans for the car?
Old 1/14/14, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I got a tip from another TMS'er ( who track races quite often) that Carbotech break pads really help with the dreaded break fade.

Link
ctbreaks.com

I also have the TP option and going to upgrade to these pads once the factory ones need changing.

Pminri
Old 1/14/14, 10:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Carbotech has a couple different pad choices that are quite good. I run Pagid RST2's (front) and RS56 (rear) and they are fantastic track pads as well.

For a street pad upgrade, I've used Hawk HP and HP Plus before. Both very good initial bite (unlike a true track pad that needs some heat before it works as designed).

The Brembo's on the TP are very good after a pad upgrade I found. I was disappointed with the OEM pads, but with an upgrade they offer great pedal feel and stopping power.
Old 1/14/14, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Excellent info. Makes it easier when I go to do brakes.

Quick Reply: New Track pack owner