Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New from NJ

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/18, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New from NJ

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of buying a 2011 Mustang GT 6 speed manual w/premium and wanted to introduce myself/ask a few questions since I know forums are a great place to get info. I'm coming out of a bmw 340i, my last few cars have been various turbo bmws 335/340 (all manual) etc. and i've been pretty active on the bmw forums and have learned a lot in the process so hoping for the same here. Anyone who's driven both an s197 (preferably the 5.0) and also a 335/340 and can compare? My 340i was tuned so it had tons of low end torque but I'm hoping the mustang can match it on a fun to drive level. I've had an extensive drive in a 2016 GT350 before so i'm hoping the GT can provide similar levels of fun

Anything to look for as far as maintenance on these? The one I'm picking up has 26,000 miles and has had regular oil/filter changes and new tires but that seems to be about it. I would get a PPI done before purchase

It has the Ford Racing Cat-back exhaust on it so I'm thinking the only things I'd like to add are steeda's tune and CAI and possibly springs eventually

Also, from what I can gather the 2011 has halogen headlights, anyone have any experience with these? https://www.steeda.com/morimoto-s197-xb-led-54557
Or any other suggestions would be welcome