Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New member from Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/22 | 04:28 PM

New member from Montreal

Greeting fellow Mustang owners.
Totally new to Mustang ownership, I recently got a purty 2009 California Special in Performance white & convertible. It's been slighly modded with a Hurst short throw shifter; Ford Racing axle back mufflers, cold air intake w/ K&N filter.

No other mods other than some fugly Chip Foose wheels - they look like a chrome circle with 5 chrome flower petals - effin' ugly !. He's designed some very good looking wheels but the ones on this car when I bought it, not so much. I'm looking for some OEM 18" Bullitt wheels, the polished aluminum ones these GT CS's came with when new. Good, straight used ones are hard to find in my parts but I'm patient. I could go to a Ford dealer but they're ridiculous with what they charge.
That out of the way, I'm looking forward to reading about your Mustangs and what you've done and what you're in the process of doing to them. Other than the Mustang II era, it's a magnificent car. When they were introduced in April of 1964, I was just about to turn 10 years old. The 1964 & 1/2 brand new Mustang caused a sensation like no other car has approached since. I'm glad to join "The Mustang Source".. Cheers to all.
Old 9/6/22 | 05:50 PM
The Analog Admin!

Welcome,

A Story & A Pic! Great Way to Start. I'm With you on the Wheels. Love the Polished Bullitts. Had an Roushcharged 07 Gt/Cs for a Short Time. Got Greedy & Got a Shelby! Yea Finding Those Wheels Will be a Chore For Sure. Shipping Don't Help. You Can Place an Ad in the Wanted Section Here if you Please. I would Bet a Trip to a Large Swap Meet May Be the Ticket! Be Advised Ford Also Made a Chrome Accessory Version That Looks Very Close to the Polished! Part Number. 6R3Z-1007-A It's Discontinued But I Just Thought I would Point That Out. 6R3Z-1007H is the Polished. Maybe the Numbers will help! Chrome on top Pic!

Update,
I found This Used Source in Michigan. It Gives All the Interchange Numbers and Casting Numbers on the Wheels.

https://midwestwheelandtire.com/prod...lloy-wheel-rim

Beautiful Car,

Enjoy it!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 9/6/22 at 06:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Viking99 (9/10/22)
Old 9/6/22 | 06:29 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Congrats on your new to you "09" GT/CS vert... She's a real head turner, to say the very least... Meanwhile, thanks for sharing an image of your "09" GT/CS vert and also welcome aboard
Viking99 (9/10/22)
Old 9/7/22 | 06:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Welcome and congrats!
Viking99 (9/10/22)
Old 9/10/22 | 06:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome to m05fastbackGT & Mustang Freak. Appreciated !

Last edited by Viking99; 9/10/22 at 06:38 AM.
Old 9/10/22 | 06:29 AM

@ 05StangKC Yes ! Those are THE ones ! I've found another model in the meantime till I land on 4 OEMs like the ones you posted above. A Shelby, huh ? That ain't greed, it's passion ! It isn't a Mustang but I got a Shelby in 1995; still have & run it. It's a Contemporary Classic AC/Shelby Cobra replica. Monster of a tiny car. Thanks for the pointers where to find the polished 'Bullit'' mags - much appreciated, 05StangKC.

Last edited by Viking99; 9/10/22 at 06:30 AM.
05stangkc (9/10/22)
Old 9/10/22 | 06:43 AM

Found these a few days ago :

Old 9/10/22 | 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Viking99
Thanks for the welcome to m05fastbackGT & Mustang Freak. Appreciated !
Your very welcome

Originally Posted by Viking99
Found these a few days ago :
Not quite sure who the manufacturer is? But they appear to look similar to FR500 wheels Meanwhile, very nice find and congrats

FR500 style wheel

Viking99 (9/11/22)
Old 9/10/22 | 06:28 PM
The Analog Admin!

https://midwestwheelandtire.com/prod...lloy-wheel-rim
LOOKS LIKE OEM 2010 MUSTANG.

KC
Old 9/10/22 | 07:27 PM

It would indeed appear to be a set of "OEM" wheels from 2010-2012 Mustang GT 18" 10-spoke polished aluminum wheels
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332468650421

2010-2012 18" Mustang GT 10-spoke polished aluminum wheel
https://www.originalwheels.com/ford-...ng2010rims.php

2010-2011 18x8" Mustang GT polished aluminum 10-spoke wheel

Viking99 (9/11/22)
Old 9/11/22 | 05:46 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

They will look nice when installed!
Viking99 (9/11/22)
Old 9/11/22 | 01:37 PM

@ Mustang Freak
Sometime this coming week. Today, told my mechanic I'd drop the wheels & tires off. Dedicated fella, has his 4 car spaces with 2 lifts garage close to my home, works alone, even, at times, on some Sundays. He redid/refreshed from A to Z the Salisbury IRS usually found on early XKE Jag which is what is installed on my AC/Shelby Cobra replica. He delivered it to me this morning. This car, fellow Mustang friends, is glorious to drive. I copied & kept what some 2 fellas wrote about these little but powerful toys. I'd say they're bang on :

1. The Cobra, you don't so much drive it as poke it with a sharp stick and channel its fury when you **** it off.

2. Driving a Cobra ReplicaDriving a Cobra Replica

Facebook Post
·
Facebook Post

I found the following some where more than 10 years ago and actually made a poster and put it up in my garage, I do not know the author, but trust you all can identify with what is written:

"If you want to just gas and go, and never have to worry about replacing an alternator, or snuggling down the header bolts, or getting a wet leg driving in a rainstorm, or learning how to set your carb float level, or driving in traffic on a warm winter day with "winter gas" in the tank, get a Corvette. "

With a Cobra you have to remind yourself that you are driving a hand made race car on the street. There is no compromise for anything other than pure speed. These cars are brutal and unforgiving, with all the refinement of a medieval battle ax. Like being in a relationship with an exotic dancer, you can never take anything for granted. These cars don't have millions of miles of testing refinement before you get yours. For any trip longer than an hour, you need earplugs, and goggles, and carry Advil and eye drops. You will need to learn to "read" the clouds for rain in your path, and have experience in unwrapping your frozen fingers from the MotoLita steering wheel. You will experience lady passengers "wetting" the passenger seat when you merge into traffic from an on ramp, and then nearly burn their calf on the sidepipe getting out of the car.

You will have all the invisibility of a burning Hindenburg, and flee from underground parking lots when uncountable car alarms are screaming your departure. When you shop, you will remind yourself that these cars get more attention than a dead body in a parking lot.

With a power to weight ratio better than almost every supercar, you will find your 1/4 mile times traction rather than power limited. On the other hand, when you stage, out of the corner of your helmet's visor you will see almost the entire audience lining up at the fence, most with cameras up. If you track on a road course with a Porsche club, owners of these expensive German machines will come to the fence to watch you power out in smoking oversteer. You won't even try to start your engine in the garage, but push it out onto the driveway, else your loyal watch dog will croak from the exhaust fumes. If you idle next to other "sports" cars at a traffic light, by the green, their girlfriend will be coughing green phlegm into her hanky, yelling at her date to just go! When you refuel, you might as well prop the "bonnet" open, because you are going to have to show your motor to just about every other guy there. When you order your wings at Hooters, your waitress will whisper in your ear "take me for a ride." When you stop at the red light, the girl in the convertible next to you will invite you to "take my top off too."

When you slowly pass a troop of Harley riders, they will look over and give you thumbs up. When you want to ease out into traffic, other cars will immediately pause to let you go ahead of them. When your engine has its hot, crackling, intimidating exhaust sidepipe aimed right at the flank of the GTO, or the Z28, your exhaust pulsation's slowly unscrewing his lug nuts, the other car will remain motionless, as if the slightest quiver of his car will cause your car to stomp it dead. When you leave it open in a parking lot, and come back to find your sunglasses and cell phone still sitting on the tunnel, it is because your car has sullenly warned those who came over to admire it "touch me and I will rise up here and kill you dead."

When you put that tiny silver key into the ignition, and begin your start countdown, your car will whisper "take me for granted, and I will kill you."

When other drivers just hop in and snap up their belts while backing out of their parking space, you will still have two more minutes before you even get all the Simpson safety belts properly on and snugged down. Pulling up in a Cobra is like landing an F4U Corsair at an ultralite convention.

In summary, very, very few drivers want this kind of attention, or can tolerate all that a formidable Cobra demands. These cars are intolerant mistresses.

But remember, there will come a day when you have to hang up your car keys for the last time. And perhaps you want to say then "I did it."

Last edited by Viking99; 9/13/22 at 11:58 AM.
Old 9/11/22 | 08:26 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Awesome Cobra post Viking 99!
Viking99 (9/19/22)
Old 9/19/22 | 06:36 PM

Installed ! Lovin' its new look. Thanks to all 'o you fellas who chimed in. I appreciate your welcome & the helpful comments you posted. So glad I found this Mustang Source. Cheers !

Last edited by Viking99; 9/19/22 at 06:46 PM.
Old 9/20/22 | 05:12 PM

Also love the new look as well, and it was also our pleasure
Viking99 (9/28/22)