Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New member from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/17, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Michigan

Greetings from Mi. in the midst of winter. Plan to purchase a GT in the next few months, and have pretty much decided on a 2014. I like the rear suspension redesign on the 15's ... and all the bells/whistles added to the interior ... but a redesign for the 2015 provides an opportunity to pick up a lightly used 2014 more easily. Thought I would do some research while I'm stuck indoors for a while, and that includes eagerly reading the thoughts, wisdom and advice from experienced owners. Thanks in advance for any information or advice you may give.
Old 2/6/17, 11:19 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Hey welcome and good luck with your hunt for the perfect 2014...

Love mine! Great car. Very fun car. Something that I will hang on to for a long time.

There is basically two models of the GT the base and premium models. Base will have cloth seats, where the premium has leather. Premium will have the color LCD display between the gauges. The premium has three interiors, 400a, 401a and 402a which is the California Special. The CS is mostly an updated interior and appearance upgrades. No performance options like Brembo brakes or Track Pack on the CS.

Your best bet is to try to find a Premium Track pack car with the 401a interior. Those are the best ones IMO. But we each have our own opinions. The Glasstop is an awesome option. Not a lot of those out there, but worth looking for.

If you want a factory approved supercharged car look for the Roush RS3s. There are some great deals on those with very low mileage. I prefer the N/A cars over a Supercharged. Just feel the engine will get less stress on the intervals and hopefully they will last longer.

It will be a fun ride, and there are bargains out there with very low mileage. Good Luck! Post pictures when you find your baby!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 2/6/17 at 11:23 PM.
Old 2/12/17, 02:39 PM

Think it through.

Not wanting to dis on the owners of pre-2015 cars, but, there is an apples/oranges issue here. You should try to spend some time with both generations of cars and see what you really want as opposed to what you will settle for. There were significant upgrades beyond the IRS for 2015 and if you plan on tracking or autocrossing, you may not be happy with a pre-15. Conversely, if you like to drive a 1/4 mile at a time, you won't like the IRS.

Also, with the changes to the 2018, albeit mostly cosmetic, the 15,16.17's will drop in price soon.
Old 2/13/17, 05:29 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the site.

13/14 are great cars, lots of options out there like shaneyusa mentioned above. Mine is a premium with Recaros and Shaker audio. Didn't need the Shaker since the radio is never on, but it was on the car and there was only 2 around here with Recaros when I was buying. Good luck in your search.

Not sure where your at in Mi, but Mustang Alley in August is a great place to check out all models during Woodward Dream Cruise.
Old 2/20/17, 07:23 PM

Thank you gentlemen, for the good info! I have been quite busy, but have still been looking at what is out there at the moment ... Shaneyusa, I like your taste, and in a perfect world, a track optioned, premium 401a would be my choice also, but if I manage to find a low milage 14 GT with a manual trans, at a reasonable price, then quite honestly my "must haves" will have been met ... I would really love leather seats, but I would be willing to have it done aftermarket down the road. Adjusting, upgrading or replacing the mechanicals is all part of the fun. I have replaced pinion and ring set-ups in other cars, so that isn't bad or even that expensive, but the factory Brembo set up would be a nice savings.