Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Member from Iowa - Still learning, lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/17, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member from Iowa - Still learning, lots of questions

Started my love of mustangs as a young teenager. I bought my first car in 1996, it was a 1988 Blue Mustang GT.

20 years later, I decided I needed another Blue Mustang GT. I bought my 2013 GT last fall.

This mustang has been modified and has been driven pretty hard. I am trying to figure out all that has been done to it and nurse it back to health. I have a lot of learning to do though and hope this forum will help me.

It appears to have a Nox system that was removed, different tires and rims (P275/40ZR18 and 245/45R18) , a modified exhaust, and a different backend gear ratio and it sits very low. There may have been other modifications but I am unsure. There is a list of warning messages when hooked up to a computer - some nuisance alarms, like tire pressure sensors but others as well. My speedometer is no where near accurate lol.

It drives differently than any other car I've owned before. It is an automatic (choice due to my boyfriend only having one usable arm) but it goes through the gears so smoothly and hits exactly 7,000 rpm before changing. It is fast, but it does not seem to grip out of the hole and seems very rigid. It does not squeal tire at all.

So far, I've bought and installed a new battery, new alternator (both tested bad) and I am still getting a "Check Charging System" warning.

I have a lot of work to do and a lot to learn. Any help is appreciated.

Here is a picture of my 13 mustang, along with some of the other mustangs I have owned in my past.
Attached Thumbnails New Member from Iowa - Still learning, lots of questions-13-mustang-gt.jpg   New Member from Iowa - Still learning, lots of questions-personal-iphone-050.jpg  
Attached Images