Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New from Houston,TX

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/11, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New from Houston,TX

Hey everyone! New to the Mustang Source. I joined up on another Mustang forum a while back but that one seems to be troubled with technical issues and is painfully slow. It was down tonight and I needed my fix and found this place. Wow - super fast and well organized to boot.

I have a 2011 GT Prem, sterling gray metallic, 6 speed MT82, 3:55s, Electronics + Brembo pkg. Had it 6 months and have put about 6600 miles so far. Build date 5/25/10. This was a factory order I placed last spring and waited a very long time for it to arrive. No major issues so far and it still puts a smile on my face every time I hop in it.

Next to it in the garage sits my 1972 Coupe with a warmed up 460, C6 Trans and 9" rear. Currently, its in need of some TLC and some metal work. I'm the second owner and have had it since 1980. Other Mustangs I've owned include a '95 GT ragtop (red on black) I bought used and an '83GT that was my very first new car and my first factory order.

Here's a few shots taken the day I picked it up the new beast. Only mods I've put on so far are the Hushpower axle backs. Accessories include some weather tech digital fits and a Blendmount for my V1.

Mods in the near term will include the CS front spoiler, CAI and tune, some LCAs to address the wheel hopping and perhaps a very modest (1" drop). Better dampers - perhaps of the adjustable kind, adjustable panhard. We'll see what uncle Sam tells me.

Mods after warranty expires will include LT headers and a supercharger (paxton or similar) and maybe a high capacity fuel tank to boost the cruise range.

Give me a shout if your near Katy / West Houston for possible meets.

Attached Thumbnails New from Houston,TX-my-mustang.jpg   New from Houston,TX-my-mustang-2.jpg  
Old 2/4/11, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
John...Glad you found us!

Beautiful 5.0 you have!
Old 2/4/11, 09:44 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to TMS. That's a sweet ride, I really like it.