Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New to forum also!

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/13, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to forum also!

Not real savvy with forums! Don't have a lot of time to devote to it. But,I am getting ready to order my 2013 Mustang Premium. Built the car on Fords site a year ago but had to wait to order. Now getting the run around from my dealer about what I can get on my car and not. They have no clue what "Custom" order means! So,I'm reaching out to you all to make sure I can customize the way I want. Nothing fancy...all cosmetic. I've seen Deysha's name show up on many posts and am hoping to get in contact with her direct about my dilemma! I have a feeling that this teeny town I live in,that they've NEVER custom ordered a vehicle in their lives!!!
So,any advice is welcome and any info on getting in contact with Deysha would be awesome! Glad to be here! Can't wait to post a pic once my car is done. It's going to be fabulous!!!
Old 2/3/13, 10:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to the forum. They're probably giving you the run around, because it's too late to order a 2013. It's already time to order 2014's. If I recall correctly, they should've just recently started building the 2014's. Look around in the 2010-2014 section. I'm sure you'll find all the information that you need.
Old 2/3/13, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Definitely ordering 2014s now. My order went in on 1/7. When my dealer tried to order me a 2013 on 1/4 he found that Ford had already closed off orders for 2013s. Take a look at a site called truecar.com. You can build your own on that site the same as you can do on the Ford site, but they will show you some very aggressive pricing. You can then register with truecar and print out your order summary. They will put you in touch with local dealers with whom they have a relationship. The dealer is obligated to meet or beat (as best I understand it) the truecar price. That's what I did and my dealer was happy to tell me that there is no messing around with the truecar price. The MSRP on my order was 34,930 and my price was 31,565. I saved enough to cover the taxes.

All that said, there are things you can't order outside one of the packages. At least that was my experience. For example, automatic headlights are part of one of the packages and you can't get them without the package. I don't believe you can get stripes other than as part of a package.

Anyway, good luck with your order. I'm just a day or so away from having my window sticker available and within about a month of taking delivery. Definitely pumped!
Old 2/9/13, 03:54 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!