Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New from Antioch, CA

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/11, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, Eric here just wanting to introduce myself.

I've loved mustangs ever since I was a kid, we have a 67 cherry red v8 in our garage right now that my dad bought for $3500, swapped the engines with a GT mustang and it's perfect.

This Friday (maybe early Saturday) I'm going to the Fairfield Ford to pick up my 2011 v6 premium Grabber Blue fully loaded mustang.
MSRP - $32,125, their offer to me, $27,925, my offer to them $26,975 and it's a done deal.

Took getting about 10 quotes, lots of emails, and calls from multiple dealerships but I finally found the exact one I want. Funny thing is, it's not even in California, they have to ship it from some other state. Needless to say I'm gonna be very happy knowing I'm the only one in my and the surrounding counties with a car like this.

I look forward to posting my pictures and getting to know everyone.

Last edited by StangRider; 2/3/11 at 04:18 AM.
Old 2/3/11, 03:01 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome man! Cant wait for pics. you definitely picked the best color
Old 2/3/11, 04:23 AM

Oh I know it. I've always been a fan of the lighter blue vehicles I see, I thought about the red one, but I get noticed enough by the cops on my red motorcycle, didn't want to add my car to their radar haha.

I've seen some postings around here saying dealerships don't like to have the grabber blue, as it's apparently not a popular color (according to the grabber blue section it is) but hey if that means I'm the only one around with this kind of car, more power baby.

Within a 100 mile radius of my town, not one dealership had a grabber blue mustang. And I'm glad.
Old 2/3/11, 04:34 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if you don't mind my asking which dealer did you go with? I'm living in berkeley at the moment and I'm sending resumes to various dealers in the area

wishful thinking, but hey its worth a shot right? The ad did say "knowledge and experience with fords a plus" hehehe
Old 2/3/11, 05:08 AM

The one in Fairfield. The Internet sales manager Jason James was very helpful and informative, he even told me that the original $1500 rebate I was gonna get, went up to $2500, no other dealership would tell me that.

I live in Antioch and it's about a 42 minute drive to the dealership, but hey, for quality assistance it's worth it.

And hey, if you get a job there, maybe you can hook me up with deals on parts and stuff ;D haha.