Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

My new GT

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/05, 05:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love that color with the bullits. Its awesome!!!
Watch out though....I owned a car that color once.
Everyone tried to hit me cause I was the same color as the road.
Be careful and congrats....AWESOME!!
Old 4/17/05, 05:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I forgot to ask.....knockoffs?
Old 4/17/05, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great, Phil! Good work. Your detailing shows. So, was it worth the wait? Nevermind. I already know the answer!

Your pony looks great sporting those Bullitts and lacking a spoiler. Clean and mean. Have fun!

:banana2: :rock: :banana2:

Give us your initial performance/handling impressions... :drive:
Old 4/17/05, 09:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by biznazion+April 17, 2005, 12:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(biznazion @ April 17, 2005, 12:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by smitty@April 16, 2005, 9:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-biznazion
@April 16, 2005, 11:29 PM
W0W - that's just about the same car I just picked up friday night. Built the same week. I tried to post some pictures earlier but it looks like it didn't work.

Well try again Seymour. We want to see those pics!
Lemme try adding some pictures here... It's Mineral Grey/Drk Charcol/manual,spoiler delete,bullits,IUP,SAB,AAT,Shaker 1000.
[/b][/quote]

Holy Smokes! The car looks like a missle in that first picture. It's beautiful!
I'm jealous. You actually had some sun for your pictures.
Here's an extra couple of nanners from one mgsp (mineral grey spoiler delete) to another.

:banana2: :banana2:
Old 4/17/05, 09:17 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, both of those cars are beautiful! Very nice!
Old 4/17/05, 09:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by CelticCub@April 17, 2005, 8:22 AM
Looks great, Phil! Good work. Your detailing shows. So, was it worth the wait? Nevermind. I already know the answer!

Your pony looks great sporting those Bullitts and lacking a spoiler. Clean and mean. Have fun!

Since the choice is either wait or don't have the car, then I have to answer in the affirmative. It was worth the wait, but not easy waiting in our culture of immediate gratification. I am now on a first name basis with the woman who does the ordering for the dealership. A very nice lady, by the way. After getting a couple pictures after delivery of the car in service, the third picture I took was of Bill and Donna next to the car.(Sales manager and woman mentioned above) They were absolutely great about my fanatacism(sp?). I think the excitement about these cars is contagious, though, and it makes people a little more tolerant of bugging them.

Performance/handling impressions: Lets see, where do I start? First off, the character of the car is completely different from the others I've owned. I've had 7 mustangs built between the years of 1986 to 2001. While the later cars were better overall, they still rattled and resonated when you hit bumps, rough road, etc. This car just goes "thuck" when it hits a bump and that's it! Extremely solid, and therefore quiet during all conditions other than loading the engine and decelerating. When you load the engine, Oh my God....a wonderful "hollow" exhaust sound eminates from under your butt. (at least, that's what it feels like) Also, you get a kind of refinded gear noise...not the gravel sounding noise of my '99 with a tri-ax...but more like a turbine-like whine. Very racey. Combine these noises with the fact that the car feels as if it's traveling about 30mph slower than it really is, and I can feel a few speeding tickets coming my way.

Acceleration is similar in feel and character to my '01 Cobra. Plenty adequate for now. I've gone the bolt-on route (including heads and cam in my '89) before, but I've never had a blown car. This time I'm going to do a supercharger. By the time the warranty is up, they should have a pretty good selection of packages.

Handling is very confidence inspiring. There are a couple roads around the corner from me that have switch backs, changes in elevation, etc. I haven't had the car long enough to become bold in it yet, but I have found that it still understeers first.(good thing)

Overall impressions of this car: It will be worth the wait, Chris.
Old 4/17/05, 09:53 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great pic's of the mineral grey and bullits Congratulations on the rides they look great!
Old 4/17/05, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations Smitty!! Very Nice....

The weather yesterday (Saturday) stinked but we had to drive our WB GT down to Shelton to finish some paperwork. I washed mine this morning but don't have any good wax. Maybe the sun will come out later and we can get these babies back out on the road. I really like Mineral Gray, would have been my second choice.

Hope we can get some NW GT's together some weekend soon.

Greg
Old 4/17/05, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by smitty+April 17, 2005, 9:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smitty @ April 17, 2005, 9:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CelticCub@April 17, 2005, 8:22 AM

Since the choice is either wait or don't have the car, then I have to answer in the affirmative. It was worth the wait, but not easy waiting in our culture of immediate gratification. I am now on a first name basis with the woman who does the ordering for the dealership. A very nice lady, by the way. After getting a couple pictures after delivery of the car in service, the third picture I took was of Bill and Donna next to the car.(Sales manager and woman mentioned above) They were absolutely great about my fanatacism(sp?). I think the excitement about these cars is contagious, though, and it makes people a little more tolerant of bugging them.

Performance/handling impressions: Lets see, where do I start? First off, the character of the car is completely different from the others I've owned. I've had 7 mustangs built between the years of 1986 to 2001. While the later cars were better overall, they still rattled and resonated when you hit bumps, rough road, etc. This car just goes "thuck" when it hits a bump and that's it! Extremely solid, and therefore quiet during all conditions other than loading the engine and decelerating. When you load the engine, Oh my God....a wonderful "hollow" exhaust sound eminates from under your butt. (at least, that's what it feels like) Also, you get a kind of refinded gear noise...not the gravel sounding noise of my '99 with a tri-ax...but more like a turbine-like whine. Very racey. Combine these noises with the fact that the car feels as if it's traveling about 30mph slower than it really is, and I can feel a few speeding tickets coming my way.

Acceleration is similar in feel and character to my '01 Cobra. Plenty adequate for now. I've gone the bolt-on route (including heads and cam in my '89) before, but I've never had a blown car. This time I'm going to do a supercharger. By the time the warranty is up, they should have a pretty good selection of packages.

Handling is very confidence inspiring. There are a couple roads around the corner from me that have switch backs, changes in elevation, etc. I haven't had the car long enough to become bold in it yet, but I have found that it still understeers first.(good thing)

Overall impressions of this car: It will be worth the wait, Chris.
[/b][/quote]

That's some interesting stuff Smitty! I haven't heard the GT since my test drive 3 months ago... I have been thinking about an exhaust mod but am holding out to see how it sounds stock. I know it's supposed their best tone from the factory yet, but we'll see.

BTW - I can't get enough of that Mineral Grey! Now ya'll have got me thinking maybe I should have deleted the spoiler and kept the bullitts!

There looking great guys!! :banana2: :banana2:
Old 4/17/05, 12:08 PM
FR500 Member

it looks awesome congrats!!
Old 4/17/05, 12:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by McDGT@April 17, 2005, 11:38 AM
Now ya'll have got me thinking maybe I should have deleted the spoiler and kept the bullitts!

You and me both friend, you and me both. I did keep the bullits, but by the time I decided on the spoiler delete it was too late and my car was locked for production...oh well, nothing that can't be taken care of by the aftermarket and a body shop :P
Old 4/17/05, 12:41 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mister_e+April 17, 2005, 12:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mister_e @ April 17, 2005, 12:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-McDGT@April 17, 2005, 11:38 AM
Now ya'll have got me thinking maybe I should have deleted the spoiler and kept the bullitts!

You and me both friend, you and me both. I did keep the bullits, but by the time I decided on the spoiler delete it was too late and my car was locked for production...oh well, nothing that can't be taken care of by the aftermarket and a body shop :P
[/b][/quote]

I hear ya Mister! Glad to see your order's moving right a long! :w00t:
Old 4/17/05, 12:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice cars, look just like the one I should be driving this time next week.
Old 4/17/05, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Great looking car, congratulations.
Old 4/17/05, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Awesome ride. Sure glad to hear you are enjoying it. The more pix of MG Mustang's that I see, the more I start to

:banana2: :banana2:
Old 4/17/05, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

I agree with the observations you made about driving the Mustang, and about how contagious "Mustang Fever" is. I test drove four Mustangs, each from different dealerships and I was able to draw similar conclusions.

This is essentially a new car from the ground up; the suspension and driveline have been significantly enhanced. The fact that its skin resembles Mustangs of the past is coincidental! In short, I think this is an amazing performer that will go down in the books as one of the best reinterpretations of an existing model.

My salesman is as enthusiastic about the Mustang as I am and he insists that I get down to the dealership as soon as the carrier rolls in. He wants me to watch it come off the trailer and get PDI'd. No dealer ever suggested that to me before! You know a car is more than just another car when hardened dealer staffers gather around a particular model and swap war stories about their experiences with earlier models. Yes, this IS the best thing since sliced bread!

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I'm certain I'll be pleased with mine!
Old 4/18/05, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

CONGRATS

Old 4/18/05, 04:05 PM
GT Member

Congrats Smitty!!!

:banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:
Old 4/18/05, 04:46 PM
V6 Member