Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/20, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather Interior

Hello fellow Mustang fans!

I'm new to this forum but I wanted to pick your brain on getting new leather added to my Mustang. It currently just has cloth.

Is there a company any of you would recommend? I've been thinking about going with Katzkin just because I found them online.

They have this page on Mustang leather seats that seems like they'd do a pretty good job: https://katzkin.com/what-do-you-driv...leather-seats/

They also get pretty good reviews.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!
Old 8/6/20, 08:54 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
I would most definitely recommend Katzkin, as they do indeed have very good reviews and their leather materials are top notch quality made in Brazil. Needless to say, I'll be selecting Katzkin leather replacements for my worn out OEM's. Just keep in mind that if you decide on Katzkin? don't expect to get their leather seat replacement covers at bargain prices, because you won't. As they are not some cheap knock off/one size fits all, but are specifically custom designed to fit each individual vehicle to OEM standards. That being said, I'm also a very firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Btw: Also welcome to TMS.
Old 8/11/20, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I would most definitely recommend Katzkin, as they do indeed have very good reviews and their leather materials are top notch quality made in Brazil. Needless to say, I'll be selecting Katzkin leather replacements for my worn out OEM's. Just keep in mind that if you decide on Katzkin? don't expect to get their leather seat replacement covers at bargain prices, because you won't. As they are not some cheap knock off/one size fits all, but are specifically custom designed to fit each individual vehicle to OEM standards. That being said, I'm also a very firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Btw: Also welcome to TMS.
Thanks a ton for the info! I really appreciate it!
Old 8/16/20, 10:59 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
Do a search for Mustang NOS Seat Skins, "New Old Stock", you can pick up some OEM leather seats skins occasionally on e-Bay and other sites. Tonight saw some Roush seat skins if your car is the right years and body.

Katzkins have a great reputation. When I looked they were pretty limited on the S197 choices.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 8/22/20 at 09:44 PM.
Old 8/17/20, 07:12 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'll check that out.

So you like those better than Katzkin? Any reason? Are they just less expensive?
Old 8/18/20, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Katzkins have a great reputation. When I looked they were pretty limited on the S107 choices.
Katzkin has plenty of choices for the S197 cars. The catch is, you have to go thru an authorized Katzkin installer, as Katzkin will NOT sell their product line to consumers. That being said, I've already contacted an authorized Katzkin installer in my local area who confirmed they can order a pair/set of red leather replacement seat covers for my 2006 GT!
Old 8/22/20, 09:47 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
Originally Posted by B-laze187
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'll check that out.

So you like those better than Katzkin? Any reason? Are they just less expensive?
Not sure I like the Roush better, but the online selection of Katzkin was limited. I have not visited a dealer to see what is available. Hear great things on Katzkins and they are hard to beat the quality.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Katzkin has plenty of choices for the S197 cars. The catch is, you have to go thru an authorized Katzkin installer, as Katzkin will NOT sell their product line to consumers. That being said, I've already contacted an authorized Katzkin installer in my local area who confirmed they can order a pair/set of red leather replacement seat covers for my 2006 GT!
I was only aware of what you can see online. May have to check for a local dealer to see what is out there when I am ready for a change. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 8/23/20, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Not sure I like the Roush better, but the online selection of Katzkin was limited. I have not visited a dealer to see what is available. Hear great things on Katzkins and they are hard to beat the quality.

I was only aware of what you can see online. May have to check for a local dealer to see what is out there when I am ready for a change. Thanks for chiming in.
When you go onto the Katzkin website, you select your vehicle, by year, make and model. Then click next when prompted, you'll then be asked to choose a design, select any of the 4 designs listed. Once you choose a design, you'll then be prompted to choose your installer, by typing in your local zip code from the installer list provided. Once you select an installer, you'll come across their contact info and then you contact the installer to get a price quote on your particular design and discuss what colors your interested in. Needless to say, It's just as simple as that lol.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/23/20 at 12:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (8/27/20)