Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/13, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.

Hello,

My friends call me Rake. I am very new to this type forum and even newer to mustangs in general. As far as that goes the mustang I just bought is the first car I have ever owned that was not a 4 cylinder (always worried about gas mileage), not to mention not a Toyota or Honda.

I'm looking forward to learning all I can about my car. Like a lot of people I have always paid others to do everything to my cars so I know next to nothing about them.

I just bought a 2007 Mustang GT. It is grabber orange with a black boss stipe kit, back window slats and a CDC Shaker that was on the car when it was purchased new from the dealer.

I've been doing some reading about mods I want to do such as superchargers, cams, headers, off road pipes....etc..etc... but it seems I am having a very hard time making my mind up on what to do first or who to let do it not to mention what brands and so on.

I have many, many questions but I'm not sure the intro section is the place to ask them so I will wait and make another thread in the right place.

Anyways, it's nice to meet all you Mustang Ladies/Gents. I am looking forward to posting and reading.

Rake
Old 6/6/13, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a nice ride!
Old 6/7/13, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, congrats and welcome. Post some pics.
Old 6/7/13, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats and welcome to the forum... post ur concerns/query whr u feel fit, if it is in the wrong section, our good members will repost it to the right one. so no worry..
Old 6/7/13, 08:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car sounds hot! Where the pics at???
Old 6/7/13, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome aboard Rake - my friends call me Hoe - but probably for a different reason...
Old 6/7/13, 12:04 PM

Hi again folks,

My car is nothing special by any means. A stock 07 gt with strips and a shaker but I will put pics up anyways.

I know you guys and gals have cars that look way better than mine not to mention will leave me in the dust. I'm here to try and change the leave me in the dust part..lol....or at least try.

Rake
Old 6/7/13, 12:17 PM

Smile

Here are some pics of my car....lol.....I had to edit because I forgot to add the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.-1.jpg   Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.-2.jpg   Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.-3.jpg   Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.-4.jpg   Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.-5.jpg  

Last edited by jrctherake; 6/7/13 at 12:21 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot....just ask my wife she will confirm..lol
Old 6/7/13, 12:23 PM

LOL.......thats funny. I got the nickname Rake playing texas holdem.
Old 6/7/13, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice ride! Never been a HUGE fan of the rear louvers, but on that color they just seem to work VERY well.
Old 6/7/13, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cristoff
Nice ride! Never been a HUGE fan of the rear louvers, but on that color they just seem to work VERY well.
Thanks. I've always wanted a mustang but really couldn't afford one. Even though I still could not afford it I went ahead and bought one anyway. We only live once.

As for the louver, the dealer put it, the shaker and stripes on it before they sold it to the original buyer in 07.
Old 6/7/13, 12:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
The louvers just add to the Twister look! Why does everyone hate on rear louvers and all their awesomeness???

Last edited by wheelman; 6/7/13 at 12:58 PM.
Old 6/7/13, 02:08 PM

Smile

As I said before I don't know if this is the right section for this or not so forgive me and move it if you need to.

I'm basicly on the fence about going with a supercharger or staying N/A.

If I go supercharger:

1. which superchargers can I use that will allow me to keep the shaker?
2. what kind of hp/tq will my motor, etc.... handle safely if I just throw a supercharger on it?

If I stay N/A:

1. What hp/tq can I expect if I keep my stock heads and go with a large cam (500 to 600 lift range), stall (2500 to 3800 stall), headers (should I go with LT or mid length? I am worried about clearence issues on my driveway), off road H pipe, gears (what gear should I go with?).

2. Now, what if I went with aftermarket heads with the mods list in #1? Would there be a huge difference?

I've done some reading but like most anything online you hear one thing at "x" place and just the opposite at "y" place.

Anyways, thanks for your advice.

BTW, I have in the ballpark of 10 to 12k to work with but I would like to get out cheaper if possible but don't mind spending all of it if thats what it takes.

Rake
Old 6/7/13, 02:12 PM

BTW, sorry for posting pics of my car while it was filthy. It has not been washed and waxed since I have owned it.
Old 6/7/13, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jrctherake
BTW, sorry for posting pics of my car while it was filthy. It has not been washed and waxed since I have owned it.
Still it's a beauty.
Old 6/7/13, 06:05 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
Still it's a beauty.
Thank you. I hope I can learn from all you in here.
Old 6/8/13, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome. Nice ride and take your time and dig deep to see what you really want before pulling the trigger. Just remember that some or most of those mods you mentioned will make you consume more gas! It can be addictive.
Old 6/9/13, 04:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 6/9/13, 11:42 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Scrape
Welcome. Nice ride and take your time and dig deep to see what you really want before pulling the trigger. Just remember that some or most of those mods you mentioned will make you consume more gas! It can be addictive.
Thank you and I plan on taking my time if I can resist that long..lol. I've been driving 4 bangers for so long its hard to hold back now that I got a real car.

Originally Posted by Samolet
Welcome to TMS!
Thanks!!
Old 6/9/13, 06:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Welcome to the forum and the world of Muscle. Grabber Orange is one of my favorite colors and I really love the shaker hood. Check out the forum section that coresponds to your year model and there are going to be tons of threads in there for pretty much everything that you could think of. Use the search at the top right and it will all be there. I really like the louvers too.

Quick Reply: Just joined this site and bought my first mustang.