Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Indianaan

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/13, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indianaan

Hi everyone,new to forums from north western Indiana..Been lurking around quite a bit,really like the site.
Just picked up my 14 DIB base GT.That in itself seemed to be quite a challenge.I really wanted a base,so i could do all the adds myself and didn't want to pay for extras that i was going to have to take off anyway.
Seems to me the DIB on the base model is very popular or there just was not that many made.I had a horrible time trying to locate one and getting it nailed down.I used Fords dealer search site and went through every dealer withing 200 miles,dealer by dealer looking at inventory.I'd call and it was either dealer ordered or sold.I looked at all the big cities...Louisville,Indy,Toledo,Davenport,Detroit. Finally found 2 in Chicago,went their,one sold by time i got their and the other one went home with me!
It has the Stone interior which i was/am still a little nervous about but it wasn't as light as the pics made it look so hoping it works out,if not i guess i will add new seats to the list of future upgrades!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone
Old 4/16/13, 08:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CamsGt
Hi everyone,new to forums from north western Indiana..Been lurking around quite a bit,really like the site.
Just picked up my 14 DIB base GT.That in itself seemed to be quite a challenge.I really wanted a base,so i could do all the adds myself and didn't want to pay for extras that i was going to have to take off anyway.
Seems to me the DIB on the base model is very popular or there just was not that many made.I had a horrible time trying to locate one and getting it nailed down.I used Fords dealer search site and went through every dealer withing 200 miles,dealer by dealer looking at inventory.I'd call and it was either dealer ordered or sold.I looked at all the big cities...Louisville,Indy,Toledo,Davenport,Detroit. Finally found 2 in Chicago,went their,one sold by time i got their and the other one went home with me!
It has the Stone interior which i was/am still a little nervous about but it wasn't as light as the pics made it look so hoping it works out,if not i guess i will add new seats to the list of future upgrades!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone
Stone looks great on DIB IMO. That's how I would get it if you don't want recaros. Post up some pics, lets see it!
Old 4/16/13, 12:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Congrats and welcome to TMS neighbor
Old 4/16/13, 09:56 PM

Thanks,weather has been pretty terrible but i got a few pics with my phone

Old 4/16/13, 10:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Nice steering wheel for base. Nice car also. Welcome!
Old 4/17/13, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, nice ride. Congrats and welcome.
Old 4/21/13, 01:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 4/21/13, 03:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Welcome to TMS, good luck with the new ride, let the mods begin..
Old 4/25/13, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier!
Old 4/25/13, 07:50 PM

Good having ya, from south bend Indiana!
Old 4/26/13, 10:35 AM

Great looking ride, DIB was my first choice, however it's a real tough to find in a base GT, not one in the whole state of AZ. so i went with black. I'm very happy, just tough to keep clean. I suspect DIP would not be much easier to keep up in Phoenix dust.