Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

I want a Mustang Conv

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/12, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want a Mustang Conv

Hi all
I am looking to buy a Mustang Conv. I think I want a V6 with 'the options". I've driven the V8 and don't really care if I have the extra power or not and the V6 seems adequate to me. Also I don't really like the larger size of the driving lights on the GT's. Looking on Kijiji and I see lots of V6's but most of the ones for sale don't have:
1) Driver Info Center (DIC) Pushbuttons
2) Heated seats
3) Grill driving lights
4) Shaker 500 with the Phone link button.

I want those things and know I can add heated seats but I don't know about the DIC - is it just adding the buttons and the functionality is there - or can this even be done? Searched the forums here and don't see/can't find any discussion on this. Also - I hear that the grill upgrade to the ones that contain the driving lights is more difficult because the grills are a different size. Might want to add the built in NAV too.
Comments are appreciated - or could you point me to where I can find posts on the above topics (especially the DIC upgrade)
Thanks
Brian
Old 9/4/12, 09:38 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get s premium v6 and it will come with those interior options.
Old 9/4/12, 09:50 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 9/4/12, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! When I started looking it quickly became apparent that to get even half of the things I wanted it just made more sense to go new rather than wait. I think this is the kind of car that becomes someones "keeper" in many cases - and that the ones on the market fopr sale are often used and abused or dont have all the "keeper" options because they were throw away cars....and or..cheaper to buy. (Not sure any of this makes any sense)..

Anyways good luck!
Old 9/4/12, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome, hope you find what you are looking for here.
Old 9/4/12, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Briank
Hi all
I am looking to buy a Mustang Conv. I think I want a V6 with 'the options". I've driven the V8 and don't really care if I have the extra power or not and the V6 seems adequate to me. Also I don't really like the larger size of the driving lights on the GT's. Looking on Kijiji and I see lots of V6's but most of the ones for sale don't have:
2) Heated seats
3) Grill driving lights

I want those things and know I can add heated seats but I don't know about the DIC - is it just adding the buttons and the functionality is there - or can this even be done? Searched the forums here and don't see/can't find any discussion on this. Also - I hear that the grill upgrade to the ones that contain the driving lights is more difficult because the grills are a different size. Might want to add the built in NAV too.
Comments are appreciated - or could you point me to where I can find posts on the above topics (especially the DIC upgrade)
Thanks
Brian
Flagstang's post sums it up. The Premium v6 will get you the options you are Seeking. Have fun!
Old 9/4/12, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome
Old 9/4/12, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Briank
Hi all
2) Heated seats
3) Grill driving lights

Thanks
Brian
You definitely have to get a V6 Premium to get those features... And even with that, you have to find one optioned with the package that includes heated seats.

Depending on what year V6 you are looking at, If you are buying a used 05-09 you can add the Pony Package grille with fog lamps or any number of aftermarket grilles with driving lamps included.

If you are getting a 2010-12, the V6 models only had fog lamps in the bumper ends. In order to use a GT grille with fog lamps on a V6, you have to switch the front bumper cover to a GT style which uses a separate grille mount.

If you get a 2013 V6 model, the GT grille with the new LED fog lamps will fit right in.

The Driver Information Center is not something you can retrofit without a lot of expense and modification. Just get a car that has it already. It's not going to make that much difference in your payments to get a Premium V6 unless you are buying brand new.

Last edited by watchdevil; 9/4/12 at 09:25 PM.
Old 9/9/12, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome
Old 9/13/12, 01:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome
Old 10/14/14, 09:23 AM

I ended up getting an 07 GT and honestly - I love the extra power of the V8 and I got all the options I was looking for. What p1ssed me off the most was the heated seats - they shut off after 10 minutes and when I want them on - I want them on and not have some timer shut them off on me. We have an MKX and Ford put that "feature' in that vehicle too and I hate it there too. So I added another heated seat kit and that works. I also added many other options - I think the favourite is the One Touch turn signals from WebElectric. I can't believe how many aftermarket things that are available - all things that Ford should have included but then I'd have nothing to do.
Old 10/14/14, 12:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i started this same route few years back.. first went test drove GT and felt y need that power and got a V6 few months of ownership i wanted GT badly. now i need a supercharged GT... who know what is next.
Old 10/20/14, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
A GT 500 or a Roush
Old 10/20/14, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I ordered mine at the begining of last year and couldn't be happier. The comfort package provided the heated seats and power passenger seat.

Old 10/25/14, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome.
Old 11/15/14, 08:16 AM

LOL - I also have a boat and it is called "Two foot'itis" - you always want a bigger boat or as Tim the Tool Man used to say "I need More Power arhhh arhhh arhhh".
This is when a 'want' turns into a 'need' and = more cash!
Old 11/15/14, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're out there! I just bought mine and it has all you are looking for. Mine had everything you'd want (Pony package for the fog lights, Comfort package for the heated seats, Premium for the Shaker 500, and also the Security Package which got me the full alarm and HID headlights.)

I also tried out a 2014 and it also had all the options you were looking for, but it had 6K in repaired accident damage, so I passed on that one. I also was too late on another 2011 with all that you are looking for, but way higher mileage than my 35,000 km one.

I ended up getting a used 2011 from a rental place, and it was extremely well taken care of, every bill was available and it drove much nicer than any I'd tried before.

I am not saying 2011s are better than 2014s -- I just think that particular one had issues! But keep trying!
Old 11/19/14, 08:02 PM

I decided I wanted a red Mustang convertible after I sold my 98 Jeep Wrangler. I didn't want to have to go hundreds of miles to find one. I found a GT 30 miles away. It had too many needed fixes for the price. Next I came across a V6 60 miles away. It was an RV dealer that took it on trade and I think he just wanted to unload it before winter. He came down $1500 without me even starting to negotiate. No mechanical issues and the price was right. The next closest red convertible GT was over 100 miles away. My main objective was to get a convertible. The 6 will get to 112 mph. That would result in a plenty big ticket. Good enough for this old man.