Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Huntsville, Al Man not new to Ford but this will be first Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/13, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huntsville, Al Man not new to Ford but this will be first Mustang

I just ordered a 2014 gt500 convertible on 7/6/2013 went to the dealer really just looking for a convertible car, was up to date on gm cars and specs and mopar but not up to par on mustangs. My dealer only had v6 convertibles and I just really wanted a gt. Had a sorry sales rep. and got rid of her and walked around looking at different colors as to what I might like. So I wanted to go inside and see what was on the showroom floor, and there it was a 2013 gt500 coupe. Did a quick research of the car and fell in love (so did the wife). So we are Costco members and they have the auto program and that dealer was one of the ford dealers, we are still wanting a convertible at this point. Our sorry no knowledge sales rep comes back to us and I tell her we want to order a car like this but a convertible through the Costco auto program and she goes to the manager and she comes back and tells me they don't offer this car through the program , but I wanted this car so bad I started dealing on the used 2013 that had been hacked on with stereo upgrades that didn't really appeal to me. During the dealing when the sales rep leaves for 15 min to get a drink and cookie and watch you from a distance and goes to the manager to see if they will take your deal, I called Costco auto program and they informed me the dealer has the right to wave the sale unless they have signed up for that specific car and guess what they had signed up for the 2014 gt500 convertible so I tell them to send me to finance I am ready to buy, with her still thinking I wanted the used one. Long story short I pushed the issue of the auto program until my sale rep came in and said that they did do the program on that car. So we go back to the sales office tell the options and color I wanted and 30 min later my deposit check was wrote and I was out the door for less money than the used coupe. Thank you Costco Autoprogram for no dealer mark up.
Old 7/16/13, 05:54 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
welcome ... be sure and look up the rocket city mustang club section here ... and a car show is soon to be held at woody ford ..... and look up huntsvillecarscene.com if you have`nt already ....
Old 7/16/13, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats on the deal.. post ur pics when u get the car.. what color dd u order
Old 7/16/13, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, congrats and welcome.
Old 7/16/13, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
congrats on the deal.. post ur pics when u get the car.. what color dd u order
I ordered ruby red black top strip delete
Old 7/16/13, 02:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Great Story!!

Welcome.......there is also the LCMC (Limestone County Mustang Club) in Athens. Hope to see you at some of the local shows and cruise-in's.
Old 7/16/13, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LDELLC
I ordered ruby red black top strip delete
Welcome.
Glad to see another vert in the area. Here is what you have to look forward too!
Attached Thumbnails Huntsville, Al Man not new to Ford but this will be first Mustang-image.jpg  
Old 7/16/13, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Venmus
Welcome.
Glad to see another vert in the area. Here is what you have to look forward too!
Really nice, I ordered mine stripe delete but I have a bad feeling she didn't get it right. I would check but I wasn't given my order sheet or order number. What part of town are you in. I'm actually in new market.
Old 7/17/13, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LDELLC
Really nice, I ordered mine stripe delete but I have a bad feeling she didn't get it right. I would check but I wasn't given my order sheet or order number. What part of town are you in. I'm actually in new market.
Stop back at the dealer and ask for a copy of the DORA. You should be able to verify it from there. I'm actually in Hartselle. Also part of the rocket city mustang club. You should join. It will be cool to have another vert in the club.
Old 7/21/13, 02:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!