Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hi From Texas

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/14, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi From Texas

Haven't purchased my 'stang yet - haven't even taken one for a test drive yet! Hope to purchase within the next 6 months or so, depending on a bunch of financial/ personal events (Read: Going through the big D and don't mean Dallas).

I'd like a 'vert, but I'm pretty tall with a long torso - I know some of the previous generation 'stangs had greatly reduced head height in the convertibles - only a test drive will tell if this is still a problem.

Seems the manual trannies that mate up to the 3.7 don't have too great of a reputation, and my commute is often stop and go - so the only thing I KNOW is that it'll be a '11-'14 3.7 with auto. I'd love a gotta have it green 'stang, but I haven't seen too many in the used market, and while I love the color it's not worth more than $500 to me . Also like all three of the blues, the yellow, and would gladly drive any of the other colors!

If I get the coupe, I'll want the V6 performance package, I think. I've been known to drive... aggressively... here and there and every bit helps. Any insight as to why this option isn't available for the 'vert? (Or what would it take to add the brake/ suspension components to a 'vert?/ call me a DA and remind me that I probably don't need it...)

Anyways, sure to have a bunch of ?'s as my shopping goes along, only to throw it all out at the end and buy a 'stang with none of the options I wanted to for a kick *** price... but at least I'll be informed!
Old 3/3/14, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
welcome to the forum.. ghig is awesome color.. have seen plenty used in houston.. not sure u r willing to drive out here n pick one

Name:  oDEjEdR.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 3/3/14, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by CiniZter
welcome to the forum.. ghig is awesome color.. have seen plenty used in houston.. not sure u r willing to drive out here n pick one

I'll keep that in mind when I'm in purchase mode. Houston isn't that far out of the way, and it's only $1-200 for a flight there depending on how much notice one has. I have no problem buying a car sight unseen with the understanding that it **** well better be as described or there'll be an angry 6'4" 250# man in the dealership.

Not sure how negotiating by phone/email would go - could be an interesting experience!
Old 3/3/14, 02:26 PM

I suppose I should add, I have a 1971 F100 with a 302 in Seafoam Green. My first car was green.

Yeah, I guess I better buy the green 'stang.
Old 3/5/14, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. Good luck with your search.
Old 3/9/14, 10:27 AM

GHIG is awesome! And fun!
Where are you in Texas? I was in DFW area, now in Seattle. (my sons are still there) I SORT OF miss it, but not the heat, so my mustang and I will just wear hoodies and ignore the rain. But when the weather is nice, that vert is opening up to let the beauty in!!