Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/12, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Hi guys and girls. My name is Joe. I have a 2008 GT/CS/Vista Blue,5 speed,Black and parchment interior. No mods. I found it in North Hollywood after a long search. I was told it was one of 34 made. I can't find the tech. dept, so I'll ask here to start because I would like to fix this asap. I recently had my passenger door glass replaced. When I washed it, I noticed water seeping inside the glass. I felt around the top of the glass and I see that it has a gap between the top seal and the glass. The driver side seats higher. It appears the install was not done correctly or it needs to be adjusted. I have read about de-initializing and then initializing. I would rather not disconnect the battery to perform this. Read about getting an error message. Can an adjustment be made to correct this? I would appriciate help with this. Also please don't suggest taking it in to the glass install to have them correct the problem. I would rather not let them work on my baby anymore. Thanks so much for any suggestions and help. Joe
Old 9/14/12, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome
Old 9/14/12, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GTMUSTANGCS
Hi guys and girls. My name is Joe. I have a 2008 GT/CS/Vista Blue,5 speed,Black and parchment interior. No mods. I found it in North Hollywood after a long search. I was told it was one of 34 made. I can't find the tech. dept, so I'll ask here to start because I would like to fix this asap. I recently had my passenger door glass replaced. When I washed it, I noticed water seeping inside the glass. I felt around the top of the glass and I see that it has a gap between the top seal and the glass. The driver side seats higher. It appears the install was not done correctly or it needs to be adjusted. I have read about de-initializing and then initializing. I would rather not disconnect the battery to perform this. Read about getting an error message. Can an adjustment be made to correct this? I would appriciate help with this. Also please don't suggest taking it in to the glass install to have them correct the problem. I would rather not let them work on my baby anymore. Thanks so much for any suggestions and help. Joe
GTMUSTANGCS,

Welcome to TMS! Definitely post up some pictures of your 08' GT/CS. You'll definitely meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on this forum. As far as your leaking window goes, your first step would be to pinpoint where the leak is coming from. After you get that figured out you could put some silent there along the trim, take the door of and re- align it or have the shop fix it!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Old 9/14/12, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the forums
Old 9/15/12, 01:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome
Old 9/15/12, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome
Old 9/15/12, 04:17 AM