Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hey, what's up, fellow Mustang lovers?!

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/11, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, what's up, fellow Mustang lovers?!

All right, I'll start by admitting I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to cars. I can drive pretty **** well, but ask me to change the oil, or use a technical term for a part, and I'm lost, sorry. I've only been driving for about two years now (I'm 18 going on 19) and I've never had to personally fix anything that's gone wrong with the two cars I've owned (including the one I have now). I wanted to find a friendly place to become informed about Mustangs, and I guess cars in general. Haha. I hope to learn much and share whenever I can.

Some miscellaneous unimportant but kind of important info: I've never had a Mustang. Hell, I've never even driven/rode in one before! But they're still my favorite car out there and it's a personal goal to get one soon. I used to drive an old '94 Pontiac Sunbird but when that clonked out on me I got my mum's '06 Toyota Corolla, and I've been driving that for a few months now. It's great and all, but I'm really contemplating trading it in for a Mustang, preferably from '00-'05 ('06+ are still a little too pricey for me).

This is the one I'm looking at getting the most right now.

Sorry for the overly long introduction.
Old 2/1/11, 03:57 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
i went 35 years in between mustangs .. from a 69 to a 69 ..the wait is worth it
Old 2/1/11, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to the site! I'm sure you won't be disappointed with a mustang!
Old 2/1/11, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Use the search button before asking any questions. If you come up empty then pose it to the forum. Most questions have been answered 100 times and you will get flamed for asking them. Lots of knowledge to be had here and welcome
Old 2/1/11, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!:P nice stang ur looking at. Theres alot of cheaper Mustangs in that body style from 00 to 04 ive seen on Cars.com. just sayin

Goodluck with whatever you choose
Old 2/1/11, 02:19 PM
Cobra Member

Hello glad you are considering owning a mustang. They are wonderful cars to enjoy.

When I was 17 I purchased a 05 Mustang V6 had it for a couple years then traded up to a 08 GT brand new. At 21 I've had my 2011 Mustang GT for about 7 months and every single one of my cars I have had memorable moments in. I hope someday you will be able to own a mustang soon. Hard work goes a long way, I've been working full time since I was 16, if you put your heart and mind into it and have a good worth ethic theres nothing in life you can't achieve. Good luck man.
Old 2/1/11, 05:41 PM

Wow, thanks for the warm welcomes.
Originally Posted by SoFlo Mustang
Welcome!:P nice stang ur looking at. Theres alot of cheaper Mustangs in that body style from 00 to 04 ive seen on Cars.com. just sayin

Goodluck with whatever you choose
Yeah, I'm also looking on there, thanks.
Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Hello glad you are considering owning a mustang. They are wonderful cars to enjoy.

When I was 17 I purchased a 05 Mustang V6 had it for a couple years then traded up to a 08 GT brand new. At 21 I've had my 2011 Mustang GT for about 7 months and every single one of my cars I have had memorable moments in. I hope someday you will be able to own a mustang soon. Hard work goes a long way, I've been working full time since I was 16, if you put your heart and mind into it and have a good worth ethic theres nothing in life you can't achieve. Good luck man.
Haha, thank you. I really will be having to work a lot to be able to pay for the car and the insurance that comes with it. It's a downer, but I'd say a Mustang is worth the hard work!
Old 2/1/11, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the site! Youll definitely learn alot here, i know i have and ive only beem on here since the beggining of january. I got an 02 black gt and i gotta say i love that thing to death! Im 17 going on 18 and i saved up for bout 8 months for it workin my **** off everyday with two jobs. Paid 10k for it used but it had 4000 miles and wws in mint condition(:
You can find several other mustangs like that on autotrader or even in your local area. Good luck with your first buy, no matter what year you will NOT be dissapointed(:
Old 2/1/11, 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not trying to be a dad here but maybe spend some money on driving lessons so you can get the most out of a mustang