Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hey all!

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/12, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all!

Hey Guys n Girls,
I moved to the US from England about two months ago, been using crappy assed rentals until I found myself a nice candy apple red 2005 v6 mustang with only 66k on the clock! Its a whole new type of car to what I am used to (lightweight european turbos, high BHP low torque typically).

Very fun to drive and loving the noise.

That said, I find the brakes a bit weak, like I can feel them contacting but it takes real force on the pedal to slow it down, think I need new pads and maybe new fluid. Also when heavy braking, every now and then I get a loud clunk from the drivers side front as if something is banging metal onto metal (this doesnt happen every time though). Finally getting some steering wheel wobble at higher speeds, probably a tyre/wheel issue or could be related to the front brake issue, maybe a ball-joint perhaps???

Finally, what should i be looking out for that is a "standard feature failure" on the mustangs, every car has one :P and what should i expect to replace at a 70k and 80k service.

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully I will enjoy this as much as the forums back in europe!!

Ned

P.S: Anyone around SoCal (South Bay) know any good garages?
Old 7/3/12, 04:32 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the site. Post some pics of the ride.
Old 7/3/12, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by nedramsay
Hey Guys n Girls,
I moved to the US from England about two months ago, been using crappy assed rentals until I found myself a nice candy apple red 2005 v6 mustang with only 66k on the clock! Its a whole new type of car to what I am used to (lightweight european turbos, high BHP low torque typically).

Very fun to drive and loving the noise.

That said, I find the brakes a bit weak, like I can feel them contacting but it takes real force on the pedal to slow it down, think I need new pads and maybe new fluid. Also when heavy braking, every now and then I get a loud clunk from the drivers side front as if something is banging metal onto metal (this doesnt happen every time though). Finally getting some steering wheel wobble at higher speeds, probably a tyre/wheel issue or could be related to the front brake issue, maybe a ball-joint perhaps???

Finally, what should i be looking out for that is a "standard feature failure" on the mustangs, every car has one :P and what should i expect to replace at a 70k and 80k service.

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully I will enjoy this as much as the forums back in europe!!

Ned

P.S: Anyone around SoCal (South Bay) know any good garages?
I am having same experience. I had some VW's and now I have 2000 GT is not possible not enjoy with American muscle car. Love it
Old 7/3/12, 05:03 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS and the USA!
Old 7/3/12, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome (even if the 4th is almost upon us)!

Any thoughts on things to service at 70 and 80k? What to look for in particular?
Old 7/3/12, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome
Old 7/3/12, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome! Let's see the car!
Old 7/3/12, 06:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome !!!